Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gran Turismo 5

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 24, 2010

Gran Turismo 5 is the fifth edition in the long running racing game series by Polyphony Digital. The game sports over 1000 vehicles, damage modeling on race cars, a dedicated television channel, lots of races, 16 player online multiplayer, and active weather.

only 170 real cars with damage in the game out of 1000

Guiltyspark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Guiltyspark

And no porsches in the game aswell   

sad to see the franchise go

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Griddler

Quit trolling

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By s-a-n-JR

That was stupid. The video i mean.
    Guiltyspark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Guiltyspark
    @girdz said:
    " Quit trolling "
    you mad
    PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By PufferFiz

Considering the only press release is in japanese and everyone is translating it a little different. I expect that things will not be clear for a while. Still this thread it stupid.

vunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By vunna
    @PufferFiz said:
    "Considering the only press release is in japanese and everyone is translating it a little different. I expect that things will not be clear for a while. Still this thread it stupid. "

Oh then my translating skills are a little rusty.  I got that each game comes with a real Porsche that has 100% realistic damage when you wrap it around a telephone pole after driving 120mph through a school zone during a rainstorm high off of crystal meth and cheap vodka. 

My bad.
    Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
    DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By DragoonKain1687

Last I checked, it was 170 cars with internal damage, and 1000 cars with external damage. -.-

Guiltyspark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Guiltyspark
    @PufferFiz said:

" Considering the only press release is in japanese and everyone is translating it a little different. I expect that things will not be clear for a while. Still this thread it stupid. "

"The next detail Kazunori touched on was regarding damage models. I can confirm that not every car in Gran Turismo 5 will sport damage models"

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/101/1015537p1.html

lol nope
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ineedaname

And why is that the be all and end all of a game?

Guiltyspark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Guiltyspark
    @DragoonKain1687 said:
    " Last I checked, it was 170 cars with internal damage, and 1000 cars with external damage. -.- "
    you definately checked wrong lol
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mordukai

nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By nanikore

Because damage on vehicles makes or breaks a game.

Guiltyspark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Guiltyspark
    @nanikore said:
    " Because damage on vehicles makes or breaks a game. "
    when we are talking about a game that is trying to simulate racing , yes it does lol
    Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14  Edited By Griddler
    @Guiltyspark: No. I don't really care about Gran Turismo. I just think if thats the best thing you can do with your time you are a sad person.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By crunchUK

no porsches? phail

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mordukai
    @crunchUK said:
    " no porsches? phail "
    YES! the WHOLE game is one big fail because it does not have any VIRTUAL porsches in it. Just because one car maker won't be featured the whole game is going to crumble. If I use your logic then ODST is "phail" too, because it does not have Master Chief in it...Seriously people. I understand opinion but wtf is all this shit. Stop thinking like dumb ass teenagers. Just wait for the game to come out then make judgment. 
    nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By nanikore
    @Guiltyspark: Mate, if you honestly are convinced that Gran Turismo is suddenly dead just because of damage models, then you and your stupid youtube video need to go back to http://www.gamespot.com/. 

@Mordukai said: 

"Stop thinking like dumb ass teenagers."

Dumb ass teenagers think like dumb ass teenagers.
    VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By VWGTI
    @Mordukai: 

Oh, snap!
    TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By TheHBK
    @dcpc10 said:
    " @Guiltyspark said:
    " @nanikore said:
    " Because damage on vehicles makes or breaks a game. "
    when we are talking about a game that is trying to simulate racing , yes it does lol "
    Vehicles already have damage models. "

Yes, real life vehicles have damage.  But no in GT5.  seriously how can you go online if not all the cars have damage and this is not taken into account in the racing?  Ir really affects the driving and we were supposed to get damage and online play in GT4, but nope. 
    I was hoping for GT4 to be the defining moment of the series but it wasnt.  I know this guy hates GT but I loved it at one time so why are you guys going blind and trying to defend it.?  Even the AI is lacking, so the online better be good.  But come on!  no damage? With so many years to make this game, putting out crap that they call a prologue so they can charge 40 bucks for it, seriously?  PD and Sony, fuck you guys but this game better be able to catch up to Forza.  Forza had damage modeling since day 1, good AI too.  And now Forza 3 is coming out, looking amazing and this game has been talked about since before the PS3 came out.  It pisses me off that PD really thinks this game is a work of art and that excuses its short comings.  Damage modeling, and good AI.  Thats what we need and we are not getting it.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I am fairly certain that after all is said and done, GT5 won't live up to expectations. 

However, this thread is retarded.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BigBoss1911

i believe only 170 will have Interior  and exterior.Damage,and the rest will have just exterior damage.OP fails.Take this shit back on gamespot's  system wars or something. 
     http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-game-features-announced/     

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By pause422

This does sound like a bad attempt at a troll..but nothing changes that its sad to hear that. Forza will be top again I suppose.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FrankCanada97

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By Baillie
    @BigBoss1911: Those are both race cars, like what was already said. Please read.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By crunchUK
    @Mordukai said:
    " @crunchUK said:
    " no porsches? phail "
    YES! the WHOLE game is one big fail because it does not have any VIRTUAL porsches in it. Just because one car maker won't be featured the whole game is going to crumble. If I use your logic then ODST is "phail" too, because it does not have Master Chief in it...Seriously people. I understand opinion but wtf is all this shit. Stop thinking like dumb ass teenagers. Just wait for the game to come out then make judgment.  "
    Sorry, but you are a moron. Porsches are classic sports cars that all games should contain.
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mordukai
    @crunchUK said:
    " @Mordukai said:
    " @crunchUK said:
    " no porsches? phail "
    YES! the WHOLE game is one big fail because it does not have any VIRTUAL porsches in it. Just because one car maker won't be featured the whole game is going to crumble. If I use your logic then ODST is "phail" too, because it does not have Master Chief in it...Seriously people. I understand opinion but wtf is all this shit. Stop thinking like dumb ass teenagers. Just wait for the game to come out then make judgment.  "
    Sorry, but you are a moron. Porsches are classic sports cars that all games should contain. "
    So I make a logical argument and your answer is calling me a moron? Wow, you really up the ante huh...Give yourself a round of applause!  
     GO TEAM RETARD!  

Maybe next time you can formulate a mature intelligent response. Hopefully one smarter then calling me a moron. 
    MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MeierTheRed
    @crunchUK said:

" @Mordukai said:

" @crunchUK said:
    " no porsches? phail "
    Sorry, but you are a moron. Porsches are classic sports cars that all games should contain. "
    May be a classic, lots of cars are considered classics, doesn't mean they should be in every game out there. And i doubt the people who goes to buy this game, will sit down with a check list to go through every car in there, just to see if all the brands they know, or think deserves to be in there, actually are. 

People will buy this game no matter what cars are missing, there are 1000 in there for god sake, don´t tell me that just cause one brand isn't there people will refuse to buy it. If they they are the true morons.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By crunchUK
    @Mordukai said:
    " @crunchUK said:
    " @Mordukai said:
    " @crunchUK said:
    " no porsches? phail "
    So I make a logical argument and your answer is calling me a moron? Wow, you really up the ante huh...Give yourself a round of applause!   GO TEAM RETARD!    Maybe next time you can formulate a mature intelligent response. Hopefully one smarter then calling me a moron.  "
    Way to go on ignoring my post and making yourself look like a prat
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30  Edited By Karmum
    @crunchUK said:
    " @Mordukai said:
    " @crunchUK said:
    " @Mordukai said:
    " @crunchUK said:
    " no porsches? phail "
    So I make a logical argument and your answer is calling me a moron? Wow, you really up the ante huh...Give yourself a round of applause!   GO TEAM RETARD!    Maybe next time you can formulate a mature intelligent response. Hopefully one smarter then calling me a moron.  "
    Way to go on ignoring my post and making yourself look like a prat "
    You take hypocrisy to the finest level available, crunch.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.