Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

GTA 5 TRAILER 11.02.2011

• 103 results
    superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By superfriend

@Matt said:

I hope it's better than GTA 4.

I hope they release a real sequel to IV.. some of the same characters, same tone, different city. Maybe make it even less like the old ps2 era games to piss the naysayers off.

Oh and make the car handling even more demanding and the cop chases even longer. I´m ready for it. I´m gonna enjoy every second of it. All those 14 year old kids and people stuck in the past can fuck themselves and play Saints Row. I don´t care.

RoyCampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By RoyCampbell

Dude what

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Contro

@Wraxend said:

That V logo reminds me of the UK 5 Pound note. Also the writing of five is in the same font if I'm not mistaken so I'm thinking GTA London or maybe another city.

Yep, me too. Could it be set in England I wonder.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#54  Edited By Yummylee

@SamStrife said:

I see what people are saying about the V being exactly like an english 5 pound note and as an Englishman myself I really hope these people are WRONG. I don't think R* will be able to capture the culture that makes England (I assume they'll go London) so great. That being said if they can capture and parody the UK music culture (Grime and Dubstep) and take an emphasis off guns and make it more about knife crime it may be interesting.

You do know that the Houser brothers are English, right?

KarmaPoliceman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#55  Edited By KarmaPoliceman

I'm calling it: Hispanic protagonist. Quote me on the 2nd.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@Jack_Daniels said:

HOLY FUCK SHIT time to buy a new PC!

You've got a while. Even if the game comes out next year, the PC version won't.

I'm not too picky about the location of the game.. A new game in Vice City, done with the same scale as IV could be amazing, but I'd also like to see them move away from the US again.

A game set in the UK could be much more interesting, if only because it's not been done as much, and considering their location, I'm surprised we haven't seen Scotland yet. Glasgow would be pretty much perfect for a game about crime.

Kasswara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Kasswara

Please, be San Andreas.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By SamStrife

@Abyssfull: Nope, thanks for the insight (y)

Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By Masha2932

Sweet. I really hope they release a HD collection of GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas beforehand. 

RoyCampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By RoyCampbell
    @Masha2932 said:
    Sweet. I really hope they release a HD collection of GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas beforehand. 
    If that were to happen, I'd really hope for the radio stations remaining fully intact.
    PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#61  Edited By PandaBear

Even if it's not San Andreas I hope it's a similar setup - a few cities and wide open country. That, plus the gameplay of The Ballad of Gay Tony... or Lost and Damned. I liked them more than the main story.

Lyfeforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Lyfeforce

@RobertOrri said:

Would be nice to see them visit a new location, for sure. Fans have been calling out to Rockstar to do a fake district capital for the longest time now (can't remember if Washington, D.C. was ever mentioned by name in any of the previous GTA games, sure is likely though).

The green money V might be a reference to that, or a nod to the banking crisis. Probably both.

I agree with you on the banking crisis nod. There's too much material to be mined from the financial shenanigans for R* not to take it. They also haven't done any overt send ups/omages of Wall Street, Glengary Glen Ross nor any of the other corporate rise/fall movies out there.

IkariNoTekken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By IkariNoTekken

I'd like it to be set somewhere new not the same old places as before.

Obviously from the style its a money reference, but as I've mentioned twice in this thread it uses the font from a dive dollar bill not a 5 pound note.

Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Masha2932
    @RoyCampbell said:
    @Masha2932 said:
    If that were to happen, I'd really hope for the radio stations remaining fully intact.
    Wow. I hadn't really thought of the licensing issues they would have with those games. Hopefully they can renegotiate with the studios because the GTA soundtracks are essential to the games.
    avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#65  Edited By avantegardener

I really I don’t know where it could be set, outside of America is strong possibility I’d wager.

Loafroaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#66  Edited By Loafroaster

GTA: Belfast please.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Still_I_Cry

GTA IV was my first GTA and I was thoroughly disappointed.

I will probably get this one just because..well because.

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#68  Edited By matt

@Superfriend said:

@Matt said:

I hope they release a real sequel to IV.. some of the same characters, same tone, different city. Maybe make it even less like the old ps2 era games to piss the naysayers off.

Oh and make the car handling even more demanding and the cop chases even longer. I´m ready for it. I´m gonna enjoy every second of it. All those 14 year old kids and people stuck in the past can fuck themselves and play Saints Row. I don´t care.

I really didn't get on with GTA 4. I found Nico to be one of the worst characters in recent memory. The story I thought was awful too, in so many areas it just didn't make sense.

Cornman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Cornman89

Can't wait

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#70  Edited By Aegon

So they're going straight to five? I thought all the numbered sequels are set in liberty city and everything else was named after the city you'd be in. Unless they go to liberty city again, which I dunno...I guess if they expand it and make it look exciting, that would be okay. 

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By AngelN7

I hope they set it in the same universe as GTA IV there needs to be cameos from the characters in IV and Episodes from LC , Brucie needs to return can´t wait for that trailer I really really like IV.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#72  Edited By Hector

really... awesome!

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#73  Edited By BabyChooChoo

My body is ready.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Andorski

I'm warming up to the idea of having it set in Washington DC. Current American politics is ripe for parody.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#75  Edited By Yanngc33

@Andorski said:

I'm warming up to the idea of having it set in Washington DC. Current American politics is ripe for parody.

That's been done before, let's have it set in some foreign country like England

Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Dingofighter

It will be set in the Capital Wasteland.

Your goal will be to rise up to the top and aquire the biggest collection of bottlecaps. Then you will lose it all. Then regain it again!

"Rags to riches to rags to riches". Way better than "rags to slightly better rags".

Witzig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Witzig

It's going to be in SLC baby I called it.

Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Masha2932

1 hour ago I was really excited about this but now i'm getting disappointed realizing that this might be a teaser for a full trailer. I really hope i'm wrong and Rockstar release a good 2-4 min trailer.

KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#79  Edited By KarlPilkington

@Masha2932 said:

1 hour ago I was really excited about this but now i'm getting disappointed realizing that this might be a teaser for a full trailer. I really hope i'm wrong and Rockstar release a good 2-4 min trailer.

Even if it is just a teaser I would be perfectly happy with just finding out the location.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By ShaggE

Eeee!

Is it out yet? Is it out yet?

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By BonOrbitz

If it incorporates Kanye West's "Power," so help me god... *shakes fist*

SpartanAmbrose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By SpartanAmbrose

@KarlPilkington said:

Even if it is just a teaser I would be perfectly happy with just finding out the location.

Me too.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Andorski

@Yanngc33 said:

@Andorski said:

That's been done before, let's have it set in some foreign country like England

GTA has lampooned single politicians on occasion, but not American politics in general. Grassroots political movements like the Tea Party, vocal disparity between corporations/banks and ill-informed consumers (e.g. Occupy Wallstreet), and the comedic performances at the House and Senate is great material to base their parody on. Other than the phone hacking scandal and the week worth of riots, England hasn't had much happen (or at least that is what the BBC makes it seem, although BBC News is able to make anything sound boring).

I think it's been purposeful that GTA has been set in America since III. The Houser brothers know more than most that American culture, when brought to extremes, is fuckin' insane.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Andorski

@Masha2932 said:

1 hour ago I was really excited about this but now i'm getting disappointed realizing that this might be a teaser for a full trailer. I really hope i'm wrong and Rockstar release a good 2-4 min trailer.

My realistic hopes are that they will do what they did for IV: landscape shots of the city. You get to find out where and when the game takes place and you get to see the improvements they made on their RAGEngine.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By AuthenticM

The green and the Five font are definitely alluding to money. I'm calling it: your character is an everyday white-collar who gets laid off by a Bernard Madoff lookalike, who then turns to a crime life and goes on a rampage, Falling Down-style. The overall story will be a parody of the current economical crisis.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

Very few games can have me looking forward to a trailer so much. GTA IV was a fantastic game, and I can't wait to see where they take the series this time.

BlinkyTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By BlinkyTM

@Matt said:

Yeah, me too. Found GTA IV kind of monotonous and it got boring driving from point A to point B to kill a guy.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By AngelN7

@BlinkyTM: I had more fun driving arround griefing people (pushing them arround , throwing them stuff) than doing the missions, episodes from liberty city was better in that regard all those missions were fun.

BlinkyTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By BlinkyTM

@AngelN7 said:

@BlinkyTM: I had more fun driving arround griefing people (pushing them arround , throwing them stuff) than doing the missions, episodes from liberty city was better in that regard all those missions were fun.

I loved hitting the people on the motorcycles. It usually sent them flying :P

Pushing people off the curb and down stairs was fun too lol.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By AngelN7

@BlinkyTM said:

@AngelN7 said:

Yep I cannot count how many hours I spent bailing out bikes lading on people, pushing them down stairs or making big brawls on the street , the world was definitely the best part of GTA IV and the physics engine help out a lot on that and the story stuff was fine I think I liked episodes more so hopefully they can bring some of that stuff back.

BlinkyTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By BlinkyTM

@AngelN7 said:

@BlinkyTM said:

@AngelN7 said:

Yep I cannot count how many hours I spent bailing out bikes lading on people, pushing them down stairs or making big brawls on the street , the world was definitely the best part of GTA IV and the physics engine help out a lot on that and the story stuff was fine I think I liked episodes more so hopefully they can bring some of that stuff back.

GTA IV is my first GTA experience. I wasn't overly disappointed, it just got kind of boring near the end. The physics were hilarious when you weren't in a mission. I can't tell you how many times my car flipped over because I took a turn too sharp (Usually went off road too) lol.

bwmcmaste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By bwmcmaste

@Abyssfull said:

@SamStrife said:

I see what people are saying about the V being exactly like an english 5 pound note and as an Englishman myself I really hope these people are WRONG. I don't think R* will be able to capture the culture that makes England (I assume they'll go London) so great. That being said if they can capture and parody the UK music culture (Grime and Dubstep) and take an emphasis off guns and make it more about knife crime it may be interesting.

Oh for fuck's sake already:

No Caption Provided
    FlyingRat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#93  Edited By FlyingRat

You will play a guy who gets diagnosed with cancer and gets into a life of crime by cooking meth.

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By benpicko

Hopefully it's on a new engine on a new console. If it comes out on PS3 or 360 a few months before the new ones, it'll be very dissapointing.

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By benpicko
    @SamStrife

The grem makes me think of San Andreas personally, as it's the colour of Grove Street baby! I'd love to go back to Gangster Crime in LA, maybe even following CJ directly after the events of SA. That game ended kind of open.

Anyway, I'm really excited for the trailer.

Why would they be able to? They're based in Scotland, and they managed to capture what makes America, so why not England?
    kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By kingzetta

Probably not comeing out for another year and it's already obsolete.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By superfriend

@Matt said:

@Superfriend said:

@Matt said:

I really didn't get on with GTA 4. I found Nico to be one of the worst characters in recent memory. The story I thought was awful too, in so many areas it just didn't make sense.

I thought most of the characters were pretty good for a GTA game. They had already tried to hit some more serious notes with San Andreas, but that game was still goofy as hell. I liked GTA IV´s story because it tried to retain some of that goofy and over the top nature, while telling a real down to earth gangster story. Nico was a pretty strong lead and I still think the two voice actors for Roman and Nico did some of the most amazing work this side of the Uncharted Series.

The gameplay- well, it depends on who you ask really. It is a real upgrade from the PS2 series in terms of controls and feel, but this doesn´t mean it´s perfect. Of course not. No GTA game has ever had flawless gameplay. You have to go in there expecting some weird stuff and some elements that you probably don´t like all that much. But just like the Elder Scrolls series they always manage to make at least 80% of the game so damn appealing and fascinating that it´s really hard to resist.

Although I admit that GTA IV just really nailed what I like about gangster flicks and video games. It was as if they had made the game for me and I sincerely hope they keep adding to that formula. The worst thing they could do is to try and go back to PS2 era crap and pull a Saints Row. That game´s not all that bad, but I´ve already had my fill of this style of game in 2004.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By SamStrife

@benpicko: I honestly forgot they were based in Scotland. My bad.

@bwmcmaste said:

@Abyssfull said:

@SamStrife said:

Oh for fuck's sake already:

No Caption Provided

This really has no relevance, it was before GTA became what it's now known for and it was a terrible game to boot.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Oh wow, I saw that image before with no context and I thought it was just another fan made photoshop thing! Was not expecting the game to be announced.

However, I'm pretty hyped! GTA is a great series and I'm interested to see what is coming up next.

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By matt

@Superfriend: I think you hit the nail on the head with them wanting to keep some of the goofy in the story but my problem is that they flip flopped between goofy and serious so often. It didn't feel like they actually wanted to tell a serious story to me. To get specific...

It's insane to me that they would even give you the choice at the end of the game to either kill the dude or let him go. Nico up to this point has killed dozens of people that he had no connection with just go get to the guy. It makes no sense that after all that he did to find him, he would then have a change of heart. I find that totally ridiculous. My main issues with GTA 4 are story related but the lack luster missions didn't help. I think the more serious tone they were going for a negative effective on the mission structure.

While I get the Saints Row comparison I think it's safe to say that Saints Row has gone more crazy than any of the GTA's have. They have found their own niche with that franchise.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.