Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guitar Hero: Metallica

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 29, 2009

Guitar Hero: Metallica is the second band-specific game in the Guitar Hero franchise. It features 28 songs from the world famous heavy-metal band Metallica, as well as 21 guest acts - picked by Metallica themselves.

If They Release a New Guitar.......

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
    Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I swore when I bought GHWT Guitar and Game that I'd never buy another plastic guitar again (I already have 4!). That being said, if they release an exclusive guitar or an exclusive faceplate like they did in Aerosmith I don't think my inner fanboy would be able to resist. Also, the double bass pedal thing makes me want the GHWT drum kit now....too bad I have a functioning RB1 drum kit...

Would you guys succumb to the sheen of a Metallica plastic guitar or am I just a stupid fanboy? I'm guessing that the latter is true.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Kazona

I would not succumb to it, but I don't think you're a stupid fanboy. Everyone has something they gotta have no matter how silly it may seem to others. That being said, I tried Guitar Hero 2 and haven't touched any GH or Rockband games ever since.

SimpsonFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SimpsonFan

i would have to buy the Guitar, it would just own. Bass pedal would be very hard with Lar's Playing!

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By RHCPfan24

I am waiting out on GHWT to just get the special edition version of Guitar Hero Metallica. I know there is going to be some awesome guitar, so I will wait for that. And no, you are not a crazy fanboy. I am sure there are many out there thinking the same thing.

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#5  Edited By dsplayer1010

If they add another pedal, they'll probably condense the note charts like if you used a Rock Band kit for World Tour

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Coltonio7

I'd totally get a Metallica branded guitar? Why? Because it'd make me feel awesome.

Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Timma1083

Well, my Les Paul is starting to die on me (Delayed buttons, and the strum bar doesn't always work), so if they released a Metallica GH:WT Guitar, I'd probably pick it up unless I get a normal GH:WT guitar before it comes out.

Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd probably trade in my normal GHWT guitar to help pay for the GH: Metallica bundle.

Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Timma1083
    Everyones_A_Critic said:
    "I'd probably trade in my normal GHWT guitar to help pay for the GH: Metallica bundle."
    I'm really wondering if they will include 2 bass pedals for the GH: Metallica bundle, I mean....it supports double bass and all so why not....
    dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By dethfish
    SimpsonFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SimpsonFan

The Faceplate of It will look godly. It would be awesome if it was one of their album cover's. Like MoP would look good or the Black Album.

Avatar image for outofbounds9000
    OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By OutOfBounds9000

never played metallica yet,but im sure its gonna be awesome.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#13  Edited By Cirdain

I would bring my extra rock band guitar return my copy of rock band and smash every fuckin' shitty plastic guitar in the shop then as I'm being dragged out of of the shop by the police i'll say

''I'm gonna play some fuckin' Frets of Fire''

And I've never had to send a keyboard back.

Woffls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Woffls

I am never buying another plastic instrument. Both my GH3 Les Pauls broke, and so did my GHIV one. I managed to return one of each, but had to hold onto the replacement Les Paul. Thankfully, I've fixed it by totally bypassing those retarded spring loaded connections and now it works perfectly. As a result of having a perfectly functional guitar (I got to 83% on DWDTG so it can't be that bad) I don't need to buy any more.

ps. fuck you activision ^_^

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Cirdain
    Woffls said:
    ...ps. fuck you activision ^_^"
    that was harsh
    Woffls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Woffls

75% of the plastic instruments I have bought from them have broken, and each time they refuse to help or acknowledge that there is a problem. It astonishes me that they have not publically acknowledged any faults with their hardware.

I can partially forgive them for publishing Guitar Hero: Metallica though ^_^

BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By BlackWaterCO

Im buying one

Hopefully they include a mic stand too, so I can play gutiar AND sing at the same time...like hetfield

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Cirdain
    As I said
    Cirdain said:
    "I would bring my extra rock band guitar return my copy of rock band and smash every fuckin' shitty plastic guitar in the shop then as I'm being dragged out of of the shop by the police i'll say

''I'm gonna play some fuckin' Frets of Fire''

And I've never had to send a keyboard back.

"

Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frets on Fire will only do the job for so long. I got tired of having the entire song die when I missed a note long ago. Go buy GH or RB you cheap bastards....damn it.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By jakob187

If they release another bundle, fuck them!  There's no reason for it.  The GH II guitar could've lasted them for quite a while, but they wanted to keep upping the ante and giving us new "tricks".  Granted, I love the GH4 guitar, and it's my preferred way to play all of the games now.  But a Metallica branded guitar?  Not worth it.

However, since they did end up releasing an Aerosmith branded guitar, I'm sure they'll do the same with the Metallica game.

As for the double bass...you do know that you can hook up double bass pedals to ANY of the drum kits as they currently are, right?  It just doesn't register both pedals moving that fast.  That's why songs like "Clouds Over California" and "Aesthetics of Hate" on Rock Band only show the right foot's note pattern.  Since there is a new Expert Plus difficulty, it will more than likely just hyperspeed the note chart some for further expansion between bars in order to fit all the notes in.

And yes, you are just a stupid fanboy.

/thread

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.