Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 3: ODST

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Sep 22, 2009

Taking place during the events of Halo 2, Halo 3: ODST puts players in the shoes of a silent Orbital Drop Shock Trooper (known as the Rookie) as he traverses through the Covenant-occupied metropolis of New Mombasa to find the whereabouts of his missing squadmates.

I don't get the legendary ending...

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By crunchUK

^^^  

We played halo 3 bungie, and we know there's forerunner stuff buried underneath earth?

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By wefwefasdf

I just think it is just an incentive to play it on Legendary and doesn't necessarily have a point. I may be wrong though.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By natetodamax

Doesn't ODST take place before Halo 3, though?

babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By babblinmule

I think its to show some irony in that an entrance to the artifact was buried beneath an ONI building.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By crunchUK
    @natetodamax said:
    " Doesn't ODST take place before Halo 3, though? "
    But is released 2 years after halo 3
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By big_jon
    @babblinmule:
    Yes
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By crunchUK
    @babblinmule said:
    " I think its to show some irony in that an entrance to the artifact was buried beneath an ONI building. "
    Oh, you mean instead of blasting a gigantic hole in the city with fricking laser beams? I see...
    TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By TheHBK

Wasnt there a cutscene where that assclown Sgt Johnson comes in to interrogate the Engineer?
    I think the ending, the whole story is retarded.  What was the point of going through all of that and playing it?  It has not impact on the main story.  It is just telling you what happened to these guys.  And the love story, fucking pointless.  Yes, the covenant find the portal thing to take them to the Ark.  Ok?  We didnt need to anything to tell us what it is because Master Chief and the Arbiter figure it out.
    Is it just me or does the whole Halo story arc seem to conclude pretty fucking fast?  The first Halo takes place, then what a few months later Halo 2 starts, where the covenant Invade earth.  Where are the Elites?  The Arbiter story doesnt start until after the slipspace jump.  So are you telling me that the elites get betrayed within the 6 hours you are unconcious as the Rookie since you dont see any in this game?  Wait, wasnt that Covenant capital ship the only one there because they didnt plan on invading earth?  So more show up in the hours after that one slips away and already find the Forerunner portal maker?  And so then the war ends a few days after this, given that Master Chief comes back and goes through the portal to the Ark and all the covenant get fucked up?
    some war.  I remember that wars here on earth last years, you know, even the Hundred Years war happened a long time ago.  And then the books like to preach about all the fighting, how Halo Wars took place 20 years ago.  And this fucking war ends in a few days?  How long is the elite alliance with the humans, a few days?

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Pie

The humans knew about the forerunner thingy ma bob all along (even before vergil)

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By crunchUK
    @Pie said:
    " The humans knew about the forerunner thingy ma bob all along (even before vergil) "
    How do you know this exactly?
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Hamz

I wouldn't worry too much about all the stories in the Halo games matching up perfectly. Just start worrying when they begin to retcon what was once canon.

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By Lies
    @Hamz said:
    " I wouldn't worry too much about all the stories in the Halo games matching up perfectly. Just start worrying when they begin to retcon what was once canon. "
    THERE WAS A SECOND CLASS OF SPARTANS.

THEY WERE OFF FIGHTING THE SHADOW-COVENANT.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.