Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 4

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 05, 2012

The first game in the second saga of the Halo sci-fi series has the Master Chief awakening from cryostasis as he explores the mysterious Forerunner shield world Requiem, fights a newly-formed Covenant group, and accidentally awakens an ancient evil.

What does Halo 4 need to do to be better than Halo 3 and Reach?

• 125 results
    KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#101  Edited By KingBroly

Map Design

Better Campaign

Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
    Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Dad_Is_A_Zombie

More like Reach, less like 3.

pbhawks45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#103  Edited By pbhawks45

I really hope 343 doesn't listen to everyone's suggestions. "MAKE IT BETTER" is not a suggestion, people. I think one of the things that I'm more excited about is that this will be a completely new story. I don't know much about the forerunners, but what I do know makes it sound pretty dang cool. They've seemed to have built an interesting mythology, and starting with a brand new story is just what the franchise needs. I trust 343 to make the proper game play tweaks. There isn't really a game that plays like Halo out there. I don't get this "generic shooter" that everyone is talking about.

bananaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#104  Edited By bananaz

Keep the Sprint from Reach. Also, make me feel like a super soldier, like Crysis 2 did.

Also, no more Covenant or Flood please.

I want Halo 4 to have a sense of wonder and awe and mystery. Show us something astounding. Make me care about the Halo-verse. It's asking a lot, I know, but they need to do that to stay relevant. There doesn't even have to be a Halo 4. There is a risk of running Halo into the ground. Reach and Anniversary are a good place to just stop, but if they HAVE to make three more games 4 needs to really justify it.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#105  Edited By Hector

Triple wielding, the discovery of more Halos and a snarky british AI to replace Cortana.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#106  Edited By Seppli

A new console generation and an all new engine to go with that.

Halo made its mark first as a technical achievement, then as the first console FPS to be taken seriously by the masses and third it was Xbox's first meaningful online experience.

They made refinements to gameplay and online experience alright, but it's been a long while since that HUGE impact the first Halo made as a technical achievement. At its release Halo was the most technically impressive game to date. It needs to do that again - and that will only happen with new and more powerful hardware.

PTPHollowpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By PTPHollowpoint

Long time Halo fan so here it goes. What Halo needs is to become a grittier story driven experience that builds on what ODST an Reach have begun to tap into. Examples of this approach would be more realistic damage modeling such as armor and flesh deformation from bullets and plasma, and (gasp) the inclusion of aim down sights (ADS). Halo fans may cry foul at ADS because of obvious comparisons to Call Of Duty but if ADS is done right, it can enhance the feeling of realism and help to build a convincing game universe. Couple that with a solid community driven multiplayer experience (and a healthy marketing budget) and you have the makings of a blockbuster. In short, 343 Industries needs to model their game on the novel Ghosts of Onyx to be successful :)

cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#108  Edited By cookiemonster

Changing a lot in the way how it plays would be the only thing that keeps me interested.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#109  Edited By monkeyking1969

I think they need to beef up the story a bit. There are some basics to Halo you shouldn't change, but I think the story needs to be more engaging without falling into dude-bro territory.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sprint button. That's pretty much all I want. Give it a good story, fancy graphics, new weapons/enemies/vehicals, all the normal sequel stuff. But sprint button, that's key.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#111  Edited By musubi

Easy, It can't just be "More halo" if they try to reskin reach with new content its going to be a middling success.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#112  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

One small area I think that could be improved is by cutting down on the "firefight" scenarios in the campaign. Defending point X against three or four waves of enemies gets pretty old pretty fast. I'm not saying get rid of those moments entirely, but definitely use them less often.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

On disc maps that aren't based on campaign.

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Gargantuan
    @Sparky_Buzzsaw said:

One small area I think that could be improved is by cutting down on the "firefight" scenarios in the campaign. Defending point X against three or four waves of enemies gets pretty old pretty fast. I'm not saying get rid of those moments entirely, but definitely use them less often.

How many firefight scenarios were there in the Halo 3 and Reach campaigns?
    sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

@Gargantuan: I don't believe there were any in 3. In Reach, it felt like there was one in nearly every level. "Defend this spot until the elevator gets here," "defend this spot against the incoming Covenant waves," that sort of thing. You couldn't progress until those waves were defeated or until the timer ran out, depending on the scenario.

Branwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Branwulf

Tri-wielding and magic, i'd say jetpacks but.. well, they've done jetpacks : / so.. larger jetpacks.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#117  Edited By big_jon

@Sparky_Buzzsaw: I think you're thinking of ODST.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

@big_jon: Maybe I am. Shit, I don't know. Look! Cheeseburgers!

gungrave45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#119  Edited By gungrave45

More cowbell.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#120  Edited By veektarius

1) Fewer shielded enemies, but more effective unshielded ones, to make weapons feel more effective.

2) Better friendly AI. I always liked trying to keep my marines alive, b ut they were total idiots and it never seemed to net me much advantage. The only way they managed to keep the important NPCs alive in ODST and Reach was with invincibility, which was so obvious as to be game-breaking. Get me a little freedom fighters in my Halo.

3) More character maneuverability. Running around upright and moon-jumping is too limited by modern standards.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#121  Edited By Marz

better multiplayer ( yeah figure that one out)

Z3RO180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Z3RO180

@The_BIG_FAT_CHODE: it need to have a better story (the storys in the last games where good ) and also longer in order to get us to care about the characters. Also they can not bring back the covy or flood bring in new and better enimes.

Praedos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Praedos

Lesbian Robots

Avatar image for james_giant_peach
    James_Giant_Peach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not much, H3 and Reach are relatively poor games, at least on the multiplayer side. I love them but I'm just talking in terms of the Halo series as a whole. Maybe if it's a lot more like Halo 2 we'll be in business, post-TU Halo 2, nice and balanced, decent skill gap, really good maps. But that sure as hell doesn't look like happening, nice job 343.

tds418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#125  Edited By tds418

Interesting story, immersive world, balanced + skill-based multiplayer (not the twitch based COD style that I dislike so much), and good maps.

That's probably asking too much :(

Zajtalan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Zajtalan

@zyn said:

@CounterShock said:

Bungie
    StingingVelvet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By StingingVelvet

I didn't play Reach or ODST, but the problem with Halo from the beginning was bad level design. The original got away with it because it was so fresh at the time, but as the series went on the level design really killed everything. If Halo 4 wants to win my respect out of the gate it will have better level design, classic Halo combat and new enemies and locations.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.