Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

Should Reach have an AR granade launcher for those who pre-order?

• 80 results
    Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 34

@K0rN said:

" @Vito_Raliffe said:

"I don't know where you are pre-ordering from, but that isn't how it is supposed to work. You never pay extra. You simply put $5 or $10 down towards the total cost, and then pay the difference when you pick up the game.  You are being ripped off. "

So should I sue EB games? "
    So, are you seriously saying that you are paying $70 + tax for games instead of $60 + tax when you pre-order? If so, you need to take some kind of action. That is NOT how pre-ordering works. Every post where you are saying that you should get something more since you are paying $10 EXTRA to merely pre-order is factually incorrect. Are you sure you are not mistakenly pre-ordering the collector's edition or something, which is generally $10 more or so which is causing you to think you are paying extra? 

Edit: Are you in the US?  

Can anyone tell me if you seriously have to pay $10 extra on top of the total for the game to pre-order in other countries?
    Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By Toxin066

How about a rechargeable nuke launcher that's shaped like Cortana's ass, and the nuke rounds shoot out Ferraris?

I only want to get my money's worth out of pre-ordering.

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By Deusoma

Yeah, I'm gonna back up all the other people who pre-order games for free. If the place you're ordering from actually makes you pay extra for a pre-order, then it should absolutely give you an in-game advantage for your troubles. The rest of us will be satisfied with our costless alternate skins and such.

dipstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By dipstick
    @K0rN said:
    " @zombie2011 said:
    " @K0rN said:
    " @Shirogane said:
    "Wait, what? You have to pay $10 extra when pre-ordering? Something sounds wrong here...  Reskins are the only things they really ever give for preorders, cause anything else would usually cause an imbalance in multiplayer. "
    That's what it costed me, I had to pay an extra $10 to pre-order. "
    Don't pre-order then.  "
    I wouldn't have been able to have gotten it at launch if I didn't. "
    Bullshit

At least in my part of country there was hardly a line anywhere for the midnight release
    CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By CornontheCobbe

This is why i hate Gamestop. 

"Preorder Halo: Reach now, and get a free rocking chair and Master Chief sombrero!" 

Pre-order weapons are a terrible idea in my opinion. And a pre-order noob-toob? No thanks. If i want noob-toobing I'd play some MW2.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#56  Edited By flaminghobo

I don't like the idea of grenade launcher attachments in any game. Period. 

tbone81889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57  Edited By tbone81889
    @K0rN:   Two things

1st, you might be a little bit confused.  To start, when you pre-order you are not paying extra.  You are paying for part of the total purchase before the game is released.  Granted, I don't think that pre-ordering is as necessary as it was in the past.   

Secondly, l I'm not sure if everyone saw the new Vi-Doc for Halo but it did show a grenade launcher type weapon.  Not to mention that one of the characters have grenade like rounds strapped over his armor.  Thankfully, unlike Call of Duty, the weapons, and the weapon placements, will be balanced out.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By OmegaPirate

This thread- your posts - they are making my damn head hurt 

Just stop for a moment and look at what you just typed out - ok? done that? good. 

Now you have 2 options from here-  
    1) realise you are talking complete and utter shit, and lets face it, if a employee managed to steal $10 from you - and you let him, you damn well deserved it.  
    or
    2) still insist this event took place, that paying for exclusive multiplayer weapons is a good idea, and continue to give people headaches with your stupid damn replies.  

So lets take option 1 for example, if this happens we lock the thread up/ let it fall down the boards and forget this blip ever occurred.   
    If option 2 occurs then you need to take your monitor, throw it out the window, bash your keyboard to bits and rip the power supply out of your pc and never go near the internet again 

Your call bro!

Avatar image for deactivated-594edfbbc45ca
    deactivated-594edfbbc45ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No, full stop.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#60  Edited By TheHBK

Preordering is for bitches.  Just go to Best Buy, Walmart, Target when it comes out, because somehow, someway, those places always have enough copies.
    People that use the word noob-toob are candyasses.

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Th3_James

Everyone should get all the same content as everyone else if they are buying the same fucking game......... >_< Hate Pre-Orders

wh1terav3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#62  Edited By wh1terav3n
    Hell. No. A noob tube in halo. Are you for real?
    MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#63  Edited By MistaSparkle

Grenade launcher seems like the worst idea ever for Halo. Don't you think there are already enough explosions? I don't also need random ones that instantly kill me from all the way across the map.
    ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#64  Edited By ImperiousRix

I usually don't like the "additional gear for pre-order" stuff.  Unless the gear they're giving you is objectionably useful or purely asthetic in nature, I don't think that it's fair to give out weapons as a pre-order bonus.

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

NO.  That is all.

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Ryax
    @Tarsier said:

" preorder bonuses are rattarded. "

that is exactly what i think. and gamestop commercials make it worse. reminding me every 5 minutes that i can get such item if i pre order. 
    raviolisumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By raviolisumo

No preorder bonuses for anything. They are terrible.

Spoonybard37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#68  Edited By Spoonybard37

Im gonna have to say NO.

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#69  Edited By the8bitNacho

This is a terrible idea for reasons that really shouldn't have to be explained.

Huey2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Huey2k2
    @K0rN said:
    " @Shirogane said:
    "Wait, what? You have to pay $10 extra when pre-ordering? Something sounds wrong here...  Reskins are the only things they really ever give for preorders, cause anything else would usually cause an imbalance in multiplayer. "
    That's what it costed me, I had to pay an extra $10 to pre-order. "
    You paid $10 EXTRA to pre-order?

Are you sure you aren't just stupid? It costs money to pre-order... but they take that off of the price of the game when you come pick it up. So you're not paying $10 extra... You're just paying for part of the game ahead of time so you can make sure you get it the day it comes out.

Unless of course the store you are buying it from is just robbing you of $10. In which case go buy your damn games somewhere else.
    Atlantus_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Atlantus_Air

Just Cause 2 did their pre-order bonus right with single player stuff they plan to release as DLC later.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By DystopiaX

fuck no, the whole point of Halo is that, unlike Call of Duty, everyone starts out on an even platform. same starting weapons, shields, etc. To give someone a clear advantage like that would defeat the point of Halo.

sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#73  Edited By sjupp

These are the people who makes the big companies force shitty pre-order deals unto us.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#74  Edited By wefwefasdf
    @K0rN said:
    " @Hitchenson said:
    "No, that's insane. Pre-orders should never give competitive advantages to certain players in my eyes.   You know what else is insane? Wanting Halo to include a noob tube. Why would you want this? I don't even-  "
    I had to pay 10 extra dollars at my store to pre-order so I want to get more of my moneys worth. "
    You want a grenade launcher? No one is forcing you to pay $10 more for a pre-order (which is odd...). A reasonable pre-order bonus could be a special type of armor that you coudln't get otherwise.
    caseylakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By caseylakes

Why not give them a few perks whilst they are at it aswell? NO! This isn't CoD. An AR Grenade Launcher would also give the players an advantage, something Bungie doesn't want in their games. 

ErgoProxy77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#76  Edited By ErgoProxy77

nope

gungrave45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 11

#77  Edited By gungrave45

NO we dont want to turn halo into a game of unbalenced modern warfare. dont give ppl gameplay advantages just for preordering.

thejamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By thejamster
    @Bubahula said:
    " i do not like it "
    this
    Cocytus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Cocytus

I think Battlefield: Bad Company 1 is the epitome of why the practice of giving people who pre-order an advantage in multiplayer should not continue.

Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#80  Edited By Rockdalf
    @K0rN said:
    " @Hitchenson said:
    "No, that's insane. Pre-orders should never give competitive advantages to certain players in my eyes.   You know what else is insane? Wanting Halo to include a noob tube. Why would you want this? I don't even-  "
    I had to pay 10 extra dollars at my store to pre-order so I want to get more of my moneys worth. "
    You got your moneys worth when you put your money on the table.  No one forced you to pay $10 down more than other people and the fact that you did means that this purchase is obviously worth $70 day one to you.  If you felt that 10 extra dollars for no bonus was unfair, you probably shouldn't have opened your wallet.

Enjoy the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.