Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Heavy Rain

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Jan 25, 2010

An interactive thriller from the studio behind Indigo Prophecy, sporting a dark storyline involving the investigation of a mysterious serial killer.

Heavy rain demo.

Blaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Blaster

I went to do the Heavy rain website game in order to get the demo key. However, it game me an error once i tried it. Another friend got it though. have you guys had a similar problem? 

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/02/05/heavy-rain-demo-available-now/
      PS. where is the quick look video giant-bomb??? come on. lol
    Sil3n7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Sil3n7

You need to use a European psn account. Its easy to make one.

Avatar image for dancedancekennypants
    DanceDanceKennypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm sure they'd have one if they were allowed post it.

Ryan did a good first impressions article. Check it out.

newmarcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By newmarcom
    @Sil3n7 said:
    " You need to use a European psn account. Its easy to make one. "
    Confirmed. You require a European PSN account for the codes to work.
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Diamond

Yep, used my UK account, downloaded and played the demo.

It is stunning, really great.  I think the game will really be revolutionary for the adventure genre.  Only hope now is the entire story lives up the demo's level.

Tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Tomarlyn

Logged in but the website is so slow at loading I wanna cry

I need a hug :'(

Tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Tomarlyn

Its ok I got there in the end, just got my code. Will probably play tomorrow though, its after midnight in sweden. Will stay around for the reaction.
    Sil3n7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sil3n7

The demo is amazing. Its pretty long as well.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SamStrife

Got the demo, played and loved the shit out of it.  

The game looks great, it really does and it's totally scratching my point and click adventure itch (it's my fave genre.)

I loved the hell out of Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit but that game was ultimately weak, what with the crazy supernatural stuff.  Quantic Dream have promised that the ARI glasses Jayden uses are as IP as the game goes, which is fine by me and the glasses are a great way of interacting with the enviroment without too much dumb searching, and they present all the info you need in a brilliant way.

Maaaan can't wait for the full game.

Avatar image for electricboogaloo
    ElectricBoogaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By ElectricBoogaloo

Just played it, it was alright. The various amount and types of QTE's make them interesting enough, and the chereographed fight scene was good. I am left feeling disappointed, though, as I have been watching any gameplay videos recently. I was really excited for it, but for a game focused so much on characters the voice acting and facial animations are pretty poor. Some characters look ok whilst others are really gormless, almost emotionless. Really dampens the effect when it's supposed to look like a movie and there's so much attention placed on them. Look at something like Mass Effect 2 and the effect the eyes can have, then look at Heavy Rain and it's really bland.

Despite that I'll probably still pick it up. I really enjoyed Fahrenheit till the end and I still think the story sounds interesting enough to play through. Plus the QTE stuff was more enjoyable that I thought it would be and looking for clues was pretty fun.

TheSonofBM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheSonofBM

For those who have played through the demo.  Is there some conclusion to the crime scene episode?  I just walked around, gathered a bunch of clues, then left.  No cliffhanger, just drove off.  Maybe because its just a demo that is all it is supposed to do.  Highlight the clue gathering (which was cool).  Just felt like i was missing something.

DAFTPUNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DAFTPUNK

so it is only for the UK?
    north America won't get it?

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Diamond
    @TheSonofBM: There is a point where the character says he has found all he will, so he might as well go back to the office.  I suppose this sort of thing would play into the larger picture of the whole game over time.

@DAFTPUNK: demo is available to all on the 11th.  This is just for people who played the ARG (alternate reality game) or cheated on it (as Kotaku gives the tips), and have a euro account.  Basically anyone who is impatient and can't wait another week for the demo.
    Sil3n7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sil3n7
    @TheSonofBM said:
    " For those who have played through the demo.  Is there some conclusion to the crime scene episode?  I just walked around, gathered a bunch of clues, then left.  No cliffhanger, just drove off.  Maybe because its just a demo that is all it is supposed to do.  Highlight the clue gathering (which was cool).  Just felt like i was missing something. "
    Thats how it ended for me.

@DAFTPUNK said: 
    " so it is only for the UK? north America won't get it? "
    Like I said before you can make a European account very easily. It comes out on the American psn store on the 11th
    OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By OmegaPirate

First 5 minutes while i wrestled with the controls i was a little cautious, by the end of the whore room scene i was in love with this game - I was totally set back when the whore started kicking off at me and by the time she was in tears all i wanted to do was console her- the fact that i was able to go grab a tissue to make a peace offering (and moving around the bed was pretty naturally integrated into the conversation) was amazing. 

I didnt play the FBI side of the demo, the mrs asked if she could play it and she was able to grasp it pretty easily (which is a good thing) though she did have to try multiple to times to climb up that muddy hill - but even just watching it was really enjoyable, and by the end of the demo both of us agreed that the next 3 weeks are going to be FAR too long. 

Gah come on!! I want this game NOW!!!

DAFTPUNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DAFTPUNK
    @Sil3n7: Thanks
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Diamond
    @OmegaPirate said:

I was totally set back when the whore started kicking off at me and by the time she was in tears all i wanted to do was console her- the fact that i was able to go grab a tissue to make a peace offering (and moving around the bed was pretty naturally integrated into the conversation) was amazing.

That's amazing because absolutely none of that happened for me.  I'll have to play again.
    Avatar image for electricboogaloo
    ElectricBoogaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#18  Edited By ElectricBoogaloo
    @TheSonofBM said:

" For those who have played through the demo.  Is there some conclusion to the crime scene episode?  I just walked around, gathered a bunch of clues, then left.  No cliffhanger, just drove off.  Maybe because its just a demo that is all it is supposed to do.  Highlight the clue gathering (which was cool).  Just felt like i was missing something. "

All I did was talk to the detective, then look and examine each part on the dead body and follow the pollen scent up the muddy hill where you find the tyre tracks - examing things like the blood on the way up. After I came back down the detective spoke to me and asked if I wanted to leave, then I drove off and the demo ended.
    Tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Tomarlyn

Just finished 

Well overall I'm really impressed, but there's certainly a few creases in the gameplay (creases? creasing paper? oragi? yeah I went there).     

Its the most original and intriguing experience I've had since Shenmue which it shares a LOT of gameplay mechanics and structure with. Problem is the movement controls are horrible, anyone that hates the Resident Evil ''tank controls'' are going to have a nightmare here (except you use R2 to walk). The camera is very cinematic which is really cool, but the changing angles can get you confused which direction your supposed to be going. Only other gripe is the lack of actual cohesive gameplay, you do kinda feel like your along for the ride unless a required action flashes on the screen. 

• Deep, moody, mature atmosphere.
    • Exciting and cleverly integrated QTE events.
    • Characters have real personality and the voice acting is perfect.
    • Nice casual pace until there's a fight.
    • You really feel that your actions shape the story with varying consequences.

Definately getting the special edition.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By handlas

FYI you don't need a Euro account to get the password to work.

try this link when you register. 
    http://heavyrainps3.com/registration/signup/en_US

You register there and then go play that little game and enter the email and password you registered.  Worked for me.  I'm d/ling now on a US account.  Honestly, I didn't even get what the game was...I just selected the answers another website told me to.

Blaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Blaster

well, i was finally able to download it on my US account but using a new code I got from the site after redoing the game

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By Binman88

Thoroughly enjoyed yhe demo. The only let down was the voice acting in parts.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By get2sammyb

Glad people are digging the demo. Awesome to see people come around to the game after so much scepticism.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By OllyOxenFree
    @handlas said:
    " FYI you don't need a Euro account to get the password to work.

try this link when you register. 
    http://heavyrainps3.com/registration/signup/en_US  You register there and then go play that little game and enter the email and password you registered.  Worked for me.  I'm d/ling now on a US account.  Honestly, I didn't even get what the game was...I just selected the answers another website told me to. "
    Thanks for that FYI!  Gonna download the demo now.
    gordjt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By gordjt

Gotta say the demo really impressed me.  I originally wasn't planning on getting this but my mind is completely changed.   The atmosphere in the demo was amazing and it feels like you actually have control of the characters and can shape the story.  

Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Alphiehyr
    @Blaster said:
    " I went to do the Heavy rain website game in order to get the demo key. However, it game me an error once i tried it. Another friend got it though. have you guys had a similar problem? 

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/02/05/heavy-rain-demo-available-now/
      PS. where is the quick look video giant-bomb??? come on. lol "
    The codes were meant for PAL accounts only. Ergo, leaving America out. However, in kotaku's Heavy Rain demo post/blog, user comments below will explain how to obtain it with an American account.
    kirathian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By kirathian

Demo was fantastic...  Man the music was great and fit the atmosphere.  And the graphics....  woah....

ooofafa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ooofafa

ngmq-tabg-kfqk here's a code if anyone wants one 

goth_bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By goth_bacon

I did that ARG and used the code with an EU account.  It's downloading at the moment but it's going really slow.  Is it slow for anyone else?

Avatar image for ravenousrattler
    Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Ravenousrattler

it felt alot like being in a movie, especially the fight scene, it was down and dirty, even when i hit every button correctly, i still didn't walk away unscathed. Whats with that hill, it was like playing twister with my hands?

rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#31  Edited By rentfn

Anyone have the problem when you were talking to the girl in the hotel room where she would run off screen all the time. She would be talking to me and then all of a sudden she would just move off screen really fast. Its getting kinda annoying and killing the mood of the demo, although its kinda funny.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#32  Edited By MildMolasses
    @rentfn  
    No, but right when I got out of the car at the crime scene, I walked over to some gawkers and somehow climbed upon an inivisible block. I was just floating there getting rained on. It was odd. 

The demo didn't do much for me, but I didn't really expect it to. I played it more to get a feel for what QD qas trying to do with this project. I'll probably end up renting it to see more of what is has to offer. 

The one thing that I didn't like though was the voice acting. There was way too many French people trying to pull off American accents. I've seen enough badly dubbed French and Quebecois movies to know that I would never be able to make it through the whole thing. The PI was good, but some of the writing seemed really unnatural. That is something that I noticed from videos that they put out a while ago. I think that has to do them being a French studio and trying write into an English dialect that they aren't really familiar with
    Dogma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Dogma

I really liked the demo and when I got the full version (thursday) I got really excited. I have for now played about three hours and even if this game starts out really slow it's gets under your skin. The way they have made you almost feel that you are a part of the enviroment (it's almost like you would touch something) is really interesting. I won't spolil anything but there are some moments where the different types of QTE work really really well. But the best part is how I get irritated, mad or supprised by the results of different stuff that is happening to me. You get kind of invested and and I had my moment when I jumped in the sofa, hold my breath, put my hand before my mouth or wiped my forhead with my arm (seconds later my character did the same armwipe, I guess we felt the same way...). 

It's a cool experience so far. I'm still not crazy about the tank controls and just like Fahrenheit I feel dumb doing misstakes because I can't find stuff in my own goddamn home! That feels kind of wierd... you're always under time pressure in some way. I'm not a fan that I some times don't get enough time to read and respond and therefore deliver a forced answer. It's pretty but the way text circle around you makes it hard to read BUT I kinda like how the game show nervosity by making text options shake. One time I actually knew a answer to a question but pressed the wrong button because I was hyper and the text was shaking all over the place. 

Can't wait to continue this game....

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TwoOneFive

im gonna go let the man die from asthma... 
    and then im gonna stand next to the door and just listen to what happens in the apartment.  
    and then im gonna do something crazy at the crime scene

dhuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By dhuff
    @TwoOneFive said:
    " im gonna go let the man die from asthma... and then im gonna stand next to the door and just listen to what happens in the apartment.  and then im gonna do something crazy at the crime scene "
    I'm going to make my character think about the rain, again and again and...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.