Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

ICO

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 24, 2001

The story of a forsaken boy with horns and a mysterious girl who must work together to escape from the confines of an enormous castle.

ICO And Shadow Of The Colossus HD Rereleases Hitting Spring 2011

• 131 results
    Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#101  Edited By Red

Shadow of the Colossus is my favorite game of all time, and ICO ranks pretty high up there too. However, I still own both games in good condition, and the TV I use my PS3 with isn't quite good enough to notice much of a difference between the PS2 version. Question for me is whether it has any bonus commentary features or extras, and also the price.

Dam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#102  Edited By Dam0

These games can't come out soon enough.  I bought ICO after the re-release and never finished it and always knew I was missing out on something big (pun intended) with Shadow of the Colossus

tukenstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By tukenstein

I still listen to my ICO soundtrack pretty frequently. I CAN'T WAIT!

twillfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104  Edited By twillfast

OOOOH YEAAAH!
    I can barely wait to slay me some highly defined Colossi!

ARORK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#105  Edited By ARORK

Awesome News. At last, I'll be able to play those games.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#106  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @Detrian said:
    " I doubt being prettier will make them any less boring. "
    I doubt that being older will make you any more appreciate of artistry than you were when they originally came out.  These are not boring games but they are wasted on stupid on people.
    Baconator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Baconator
    @cjcox said:
    " hmmm, hopefully i'l have a PS3 by then "
    Son, I'm getting one for this.
    TheDaveMagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#108  Edited By TheDaveMagic

Please continue this HD remake trend!!!!

CrimsonGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By CrimsonGhost

Both of these games BLEW ME AWAY on the PS2 i can just imagine what they will look like on a HD system!

Detrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Detrian
    @SeriouslyNow said:
    " @Detrian said:
    I doubt that being older will make you any more appreciate of artistry than you were when they originally came out.  These are not boring games but they are wasted on stupid on people. "
    Calling people stupid and simple while using hilariously broken english? Bravo, kid. 
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @Detrian said:
    " @SeriouslyNow said:
    " @Detrian said:
    I doubt that being older will make you any more appreciate of artistry than you were when they originally came out.  These are not boring games but they are wasted on stupid on people. "
    Calling people stupid and simple while using hilariously broken english? Bravo, kid.  "
    If you look at the majority of my other posts, I use proper english for the most part.  Pardon my poor sentence structure in this one.  My point still stands:-

"I doubt that being older will make you any more appreciative of their artistry than you were when they originally came out.  These are not boring games but they are wasted on stupid on people."

better?

These are fantastic games and are works of art.  I appreciate twitching gaming as much as the next guy but to call these games boring is to utterly miss their point entirely.
    Detrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Detrian
    @SeriouslyNow said:
    " @Detrian said:
    " @SeriouslyNow said:
    " @Detrian said:
    Calling people stupid and simple while using hilariously broken english? Bravo, kid.  "
    If you look at the majority of my other posts, I use proper english for the most part.  Pardon my poor sentence structure in this one.  My point still stands:-   "I doubt that being older will make you any more appreciative of their artistry than you were when they originally came out.  These are not boring games but they are wasted on stupid on people."  better?  These are fantastic games and are works of art.  I appreciate twitching gaming as much as the next guy but to call these games boring is to utterly miss their point entirely. "

Games are not art and if you think these games are art then you are an uneducated manchild.
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @Detrian said:

" @SeriouslyNow said:

" @Detrian said:
    " @SeriouslyNow said:
    " @Detrian said:
    If you look at the majority of my other posts, I use proper english for the most part.  Pardon my poor sentence structure in this one.  My point still stands:-   "I doubt that being older will make you any more appreciative of their artistry than you were when they originally came out.  These are not boring games but they are wasted on stupid on people."  better?  These are fantastic games and are works of art.  I appreciate twitching gaming as much as the next guy but to call these games boring is to utterly miss their point entirely. "
    Games are not art and if you think these games are art then you are an uneducated manchild. "
    Art is in the eye of the beholder and definitely not beholden to views propagated by angry young men (like you) who support cranky dying old men (like Ebert).   Shadow of The Colossus has been critically acclaimed by many, including the director of Pan's Labyrinth, Benicio Del Toro and it was also the basis of the story progression of the Adam Sandler movie "Reign over Me" wherein the director used it specifically throughout onscreen and off to convey how the lead character was trying to recapture the times he missed with his wife and family, since losing them to the 9/11 tragedy.  It may not be art, but it's inspirational enough for other artists to find a deeper interest in it than you obviously have. 

The game was also praised as IGN's 2010 second most nominated Game of the Decade, behind Half Life 2.

But fuck it, what do they know.  The world of gaming and film direction must be populated by uneducated manchildren.

I'm getting a PS3 for these games and for The Last Guardian.
    Detrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Detrian
    @SeriouslyNow said:
    " @Detrian said:

" @SeriouslyNow said:

" @Detrian said:
    " @SeriouslyNow said:
    " @Detrian said:
    Games are not art and if you think these games are art then you are an uneducated manchild. "
    Art is in the eye of the beholder and definitely not beholden to views propagated by angry young men (like you) who support cranky dying old men (like Ebert).   Shadow of The Colossus has been critically acclaimed by many, including the director of Pan's Labyrinth, Benicio Del Toro and it was also the basis of the story progression of the Adam Sandler movie "Reign over Me" wherein the director used it specifically throughout onscreen and off to convey how the lead character was trying to recapture the times he missed with his wife and family, since losing them to the 9/11 tragedy.  It may not be art, but it's inspirational enough for other artists to find a deeper interest in it than you obviously have.   The game was also praised as IGN's 2010 second most nominated Game of the Decade, behind Half Life 2.  But fuck it, what do they know.  The world of gaming and film direction must be populated by uneducated manchildren. I'm getting a PS3 for these games and for The Last Guardian. "
    How does any of this make the games art? It doesn't and you know it it doesn't. Otherwise your argument would be better than a bunch of poorly constructed nonsense.

They are not art, neither are they universally liked. Deal with it.
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @Detrian said:
    " @SeriouslyNow said:
    " @Detrian said:

" @SeriouslyNow said:

" @Detrian said:
    " @SeriouslyNow said:
    " @Detrian said:
    Art is in the eye of the beholder and definitely not beholden to views propagated by angry young men (like you) who support cranky dying old men (like Ebert).   Shadow of The Colossus has been critically acclaimed by many, including the director of Pan's Labyrinth, Benicio Del Toro and it was also the basis of the story progression of the Adam Sandler movie "Reign over Me" wherein the director used it specifically throughout onscreen and off to convey how the lead character was trying to recapture the times he missed with his wife and family, since losing them to the 9/11 tragedy.  It may not be art, but it's inspirational enough for other artists to find a deeper interest in it than you obviously have.   The game was also praised as IGN's 2010 second most nominated Game of the Decade, behind Half Life 2.  But fuck it, what do they know.  The world of gaming and film direction must be populated by uneducated manchildren. I'm getting a PS3 for these games and for The Last Guardian. "
    How does any of this make the games art? It doesn't and you know it it doesn't. Otherwise your argument would be better than a bunch of poorly constructed nonsense.  They are not art, neither are they universally liked. Deal with it. "
    I consider both games to be art.  I also consider you to be unappreciative of the fact as I said right at the beginning of this little tete a tete.

I also said Critically Acclaimed and Shadow of the Colossus is indeed so.

What I said was clear, concise and based in fact.  Deal with that.
    Detrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Detrian

They are not art, your opinion doesn't make them art, the critics opinion doesn't make them art, your original argument is childish and wrong.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @Detrian said:
    " They are not art, your opinion doesn't make them art, the critics opinion doesn't make them art, your original argument is childish and wrong. "
    Art is an opinion, not a statement of fact.  Are you confused? 
    Detrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Detrian

Yes. I don't understand why you are trying to push the idea that they are great works of art when it's clear that I DON'T THINK THEY ARE.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @Detrian said:
    " Yes. I don't understand why you are trying to push the idea that they are great works of art when it's clear that I DON'T THINK THEY ARE. "
    I'm not pushing anything.  I said that YOU don't appreciate them and you don't.  You're the one who's trying to tell me that I'm wrong because I do appreciate them.  I merely showed you that others whose jobs are either to review games or to create art DO also appreciate them.  That doesn't mean that you're wrong.  It just means that I share their appreciation of these games as art while you do not.  It's you who's calling people who do appreciate these games uneducated manchildren, not me.  Ya Dig?
    Avatar image for captainpeachfuzz
    CaptainPeachfuzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like it's going to be an awesome upgrade to a classic game <3

jamaicanidler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#121  Edited By jamaicanidler

I am pleased.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By LiquidPrince

Now I may actually have a reason to finally try these games.

spooky138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By spooky138

Is it wrong I am willing to pay for PS2 games again?  There are quite a few other franchises I would like to see get the HD treatment (GTA, Ace Combat and others).
    narcosis219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By narcosis219

I haven't played either on the PS2.

Does the low framerate of the game add to the experience? If so I should probably borrow it off a friend instead of buying this.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By probablytuna

I missed out on these two titles when it was released on the PlayStation 2. And I cbf buying a new PS2 just to play it. 2011 is going to be so so good.

citizenjp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By citizenjp

Thank the gods.

cannedstingray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By cannedstingray

I've almost bought a PS2 so many times recently, for these games and the Persona series, and the other Shin Megami games, maybe now I won't??  If only Atlus would follow suit and release a bunch of their games on ps3, I have more consoles and games than I can possibly play already .. This will help me to not buy another console and in turn buy a ton more games that I won't have time to play either..  Thanks Team ICO

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#128  Edited By matthew
    @SeriouslyNow said:
    " @Detrian said:
    " @SeriouslyNow said:
    " @Detrian said:

" @SeriouslyNow said:

" @Detrian said:
    " @SeriouslyNow said:
    " @Detrian said:
    How does any of this make the games art? It doesn't and you know it it doesn't. Otherwise your argument would be better than a bunch of poorly constructed nonsense.  They are not art, neither are they universally liked. Deal with it. "
    I consider both games to be art.  I also consider you to be unappreciative of the fact as I said right at the beginning of this little tete a tete.  I also said Critically Acclaimed and Shadow of the Colossus is indeed so.  What I said was clear, concise and based in fact.  Deal with that. "
    While I like the fact that (heated?) discussion is going on here, I'm really digging how it hasn't really degraded at all.  This isn't something you'd find on some of the other more notable gaming sites, and for this reason - amoung many others - is why I dig this site.  Although, when a discussion goes this long, and there's only two people working it, it might be a better idea to take it to the mystical realm of the Private Message.  But then I wouldn't get the chance to leave this amazing and well thought out thought...
    DapperDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By DapperDan

DO WANT.

jacksonroye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By jacksonroye

Pan's Labyrinth was directed by Guillermo del Toro, not Benicio. 

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By DonPixel
    @Detrian said:

" They are not art, your opinion doesn't make them art, the critics opinion doesn't make them art, your original argument is childish and wrong. "

STFU and go "pawn" noobs in Black Ops it is more likely to your kind to have "fun" doing such
    Detrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Detrian
    @DonPixel said:
    " @Detrian said:

STFU and go "pawn" noobs in Black Ops it is more likely to your kind to have "fun" doing such "
    Look at this poor retard. Felt the need to revive a 3 month old thread with his faux class.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.