Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Injustice: Gods Among Us

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Apr 16, 2013

The DC Universe's most powerful heroes and villains collide in this fighting game from the creators of the Mortal Kombat series.

The Mortal Kombat Team Has A New Fighting Game

Robopengy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#251  Edited By Robopengy

Wow, no one DOES wait 'til E3 anymore!

mordecaix7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#252  Edited By mordecaix7

@Mr_Faraday: The New 52 DC Universe is actually quite dark and gritty in a lot of series.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#253  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Calling it: Jeff gives it a 5 out of 5. Says that the fighting system is deep and nuanced.

psykhophear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 142

#254  Edited By psykhophear

Cool! The first fighting game by Ed Boon and co. that isn't Mortal Kombat. Can't wait to learn more about Injustice.

smokepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#255  Edited By smokepants

@ArbitraryWater said:

Calling it: Jeff gives it a 5 out of 5. Says that the fighting system is deep and nuanced.

Beat me to it.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256  Edited By moywar700

@onan said:

So this is basically DC Universe Vs Mortal Kombat again, except they're stripping out the MK guys.

Main problem still remains, though: Power imbalance. It's worse in DC than in Marvel simply because their primary characters are so... well, they've got Superman, who can pretty much kill anyone with one arm tied behind his back, Batman, who's just a regular dude, and the Flash, who shouldn't ever even get hit.

Are they going to bring back that stupid "Rage" mechanic that leveled the playing field, allowing Batman to go toe to toe with Superman? I guess they're going to have to at least do something like that. I mean, Harley Quinn vs Wonder Woman? Wonder Woman is bulletproof, and bullets are all harley has. She definitely has no chance putting her in a full nelson or whatever it was she tried in the trailer. She's a pushover even for Batman, all she generally has is thugs and hyenas and I doubt she has that here. Harley vs Superman? That just gets ridiculous at a certain point.

Power imbalance? Marvel comic characters are really powerful but they are always dumbed down in movies and video games.Here is a scan of the phoenix absorbs the sun and survives. Thor was strong enough to lift a snake that was able to wrap itself around the earth several times.That's was really strong of Thor. Yet when Thor and Phoenix fights captain america in mvc3, nobody has a problem with that even though captain america being only peak human.

sorry about the small text. She just comes and absorbs the sun and kills billions of people.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257  Edited By moywar700

@Gregomasta said:

@onan said:

So this is basically DC Universe Vs Mortal Kombat again, except they're stripping out the MK guys.

Main problem still remains, though: Power imbalance. It's worse in DC than in Marvel simply because their primary characters are so... well, they've got Superman, who can pretty much kill anyone with one arm tied behind his back, Batman, who's just a regular dude, and the Flash, who shouldn't ever even get hit.

Are they going to bring back that stupid "Rage" mechanic that leveled the playing field, allowing Batman to go toe to toe with Superman? I guess they're going to have to at least do something like that. I mean, Harley Quinn vs Wonder Woman? Wonder Woman is bulletproof, and bullets are all harley has. She definitely has no chance putting her in a full nelson or whatever it was she tried in the trailer. She's a pushover even for Batman, all she generally has is thugs and hyenas and I doubt she has that here. Harley vs Superman? That just gets ridiculous at a certain point.

But the DC guys are constantly fighting against each other. Flash can take a hit from Supes without exploding into pieces; Flash has also dodged almost every one of Supes punches in a fight. Batman has his wits, gadgets, and superior fighting skills and knowledge of everyones weaknesses. Harley is insane and unpredictable. I don't think WW is bulletproof, just her bracelets. Yes, DC hero's are imbalanced, but there's at least some credence to them fighting each other since it's been done before in their own fiction.

wonder woman can withstand extreme cold and heat. It's just that her weakness is that her skin can be cut by bullets and spears.

delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 7

#258  Edited By delta_ass

I always knew Harley Quinn was strong enough to fight Superman.

Roflwaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#259  Edited By Roflwaffles

@moywar700 said:

@onan said:

Power imbalance? Marvel comic characters are really powerful but they are always dumbed down in movies and video games.Here is a scan of the phoenix absorbs the sun and survives. Thor was strong enough to lift a snake that was able to wrap itself around the earth several times.That's was really strong of Thor. Yet when Thor and Phoenix fights captain america in mvc3, nobody has a problem with that even though captain america being only peak human.

sorry about the small text. She just comes and absorbs the sun and kills billions of people.

False. Wonder Woman beats Hulk because her power level was shown to be roughly 25 in issue #154 where she blows up the milky way galaxy with heat vision.

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#260  Edited By unsolvedparadox

This looks really good, I'm excited to see NetherRealm's take on a non-Mortal Kombat game.

Palaeomerus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#261  Edited By Palaeomerus

Uggh. It's the post 52 versions. Meh. Maybe if they had Super Friends or JLU skins or something.

Maybe.

That was my favorite part of the original Marvel Ultimate Alliance game. As I played I could unlock older costumes and make them all look the way I think they are really supposed to look (like they did when I was a kid). I felt like I was rescuing them from modern comics BS. It felt good. If I could make Superman look like Superman again that might make me want to play this thing.

AxleBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262  Edited By AxleBro

if this isn't rated M i'm not buying it, T? suddenly very much uninterested.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d8d1874be961
    deactivated-5d8d1874be961

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Roflwaffles said:

@moywar700 said:

@onan said:

False. Wonder Woman beats Hulk because her power level was shown to be roughly 25 in issue #154 where she blows up the milky way galaxy with heat vision.

You really want to get into this? Hell we can go back to Silver-Age Superman who could juggle planets like its a walk in a park. It's a game. They going to have to dumb it down and balance it in order for it to be a game. Or else we are going to have one hit KOs each match. As long as the game play is fun, and they keep some iconic moves from each character, then people are going to be hooked. MvC comes to mind, as they have no freakin story whatsoever about why are all these heroes and villains teaming up to fight. It's just ridiculous fun with iconic characters. Fan Service ftw.

Roflwaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264  Edited By Roflwaffles

@TinoXtreme said:

@Roflwaffles said:

@moywar700 said:

@onan said:

You really want to get into this? Hell we can go back to Silver-Age Superman who could juggle planets like its a walk in a park. It's a game. They going to have to dumb it down and balance it in order for it to be a game. Or else we are going to have one hit KOs each match. As long as the game play is fun, and they keep some iconic moves from each character, then people are going to be hooked. MvC comes to mind, as they have no freakin story whatsoever about why are all these heroes and villains teaming up to fight. It's just ridiculous fun with iconic characters. Fan Service ftw.

Wrong again. Mega Man's Hadouken can incinerate planets and he doesn't even have to charge up for that so Superman would die from it because he's weak to magic.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AxleFGK said:

if this isn't rated M i'm not buying it, T? suddenly very much uninterested.

Well this is bringing DCs main characters into the mass media. Unlike Comics where you can have a lot more leeway with your characters since you are catering to a niche crowd, movies and games are totally different as a potential consumer might be buying for a kid. And if one over-protective parent sees a childhood icon get mangled in great gore or in ob-seen ways, then its going to be a shit-storm on CNN, MSNBC, and Fox. So you can't blame them for going T.

Also, I don't hear people complain about Arkham Asylum, MvC3, Movies based on Comic characters for not having a rated M or R rating. It's all because it's Nether Realm studios. You expect that since they do fatalities in MK, that they should do it in every game even if it's not MK related. Kind of an asinine way to look at it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Roflwaffles: I think your just trolling for the Lawls. Cause your last post almost made me spit out my coffee.

Roflwaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267  Edited By Roflwaffles

@TinoXtreme said:

@Roflwaffles: I think your just trolling for the Lawls. Cause your last post almost made me spit out my coffee.

Yeah I was just mocking Comicvine lol.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268  Edited By moywar700

@TinoXtreme said:

@Roflwaffles said:

@moywar700 said:

@onan said:

My point was that people are fine with thor vs captain america but are not okay with harley quinn vs superman?Talk about double standard.

Boiglenoight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269  Edited By Boiglenoight

I would like to say yes to the question of whether or not we need this.

vinsanityv22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270  Edited By vinsanityv22

The image on that video....holy sh**. What the heck could Harley have done to Wonder Woman to make her SLIT HER THROAT like that!

This game looks cool:)

Hopefully it won't play like Mortal Kombat though. That pre-canned combos shit is lame. Moves only flow together if the character you're playing has a combo that dictates so. It's such a clunky flow to combat; just guys spamming the combos they memorized, trading combos and blocking, blocking and combos. There's no freeform combat in the current Mortal Kombat. It's so clunky. THQ San Diego, back when they were Paradox, did much better combat for Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks. And now they're making WWE All Stars, which plays better than Mortal Kombat, so good for them. But NetherRealm needs to learn some animation blending and attack/block canceling, stat.

Ironically, MK vs. DC was probably the Mortal Kombat game closest to actually achieving freeform combat. It's more responsive; it's the closest they ever got to seriously competing with Street Fighter, Dead or Alive or Soul Calibur. Some of the PS2 generation MKs (the "Deadly Alliance trilogy") came sort of close to breaking out of MK's clunky, stilted combat too. So this team probably knows how to do it. They just need a new franchise to do it (so fanboys won't complain the fighting is too different from the garbage they played on SNES and Genesis back in the day). Hopefully Injustice will give them the opportunity to do just that.

zodstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271  Edited By zodstein

I'm getting pretty sick of Harley Quinn. She's fucking obnoxious.

EndlessLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272  Edited By EndlessLotus

I wonder what inane reason they'll come up with to justify any of the other heroes being able to even injure Supes....

DragonNinja789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273  Edited By DragonNinja789

@TinoXtreme: I agree. It's nice seeing studios going in their own directions, creatively

RUDEMIESTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274  Edited By RUDEMIESTER

SWEEEET.

Love everything about this!

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#275  Edited By onan

@moywar700 said:

@TinoXtreme said:

@Roflwaffles said:

@moywar700 said:

@onan said:

My point was that people are fine with thor vs captain america but are not okay with harley quinn vs superman?Talk about double standard.

Life is full of double standards.

Problem is MvC is just silly, and Japanese, and you just assume everything Japanese is doubly silly.

Netherrealm has a habit of trying to turn nonsense into a ridiculous story. I'm coming at it from the perspective of someone who played through and finished DC Universe vs Mortal Kombat. That game was RIDICULOUSLY BAD, plot-wise. I'd rather not have a plot. Make it like those batshit insane Mugen games or something. Everyone versus EVERYONE. I'm just afraid this game is going to take itself too seriously. I'd put money on it.

Tsai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276  Edited By Tsai

no sexy nuns? no buy!

BlatantNinja23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277  Edited By BlatantNinja23

As long as it doesn't play as MK i can't wait to try it out...

Avatar image for legendarychopchop
    LegendaryChopChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The arguments in here are... wow...

dropabombonit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279  Edited By dropabombonit

This looks like the game that MK vs. DC should have been

AriesDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280  Edited By AriesDog

‎1. Dark, gritty, armored, and evil is the wrong direction, for both concept and design. 2. The power levels of DC Universe is too wide to suspend belief. If this was limited to the Batman cast of heroes and villains, it would've been a tighter concept.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281  Edited By laserbolts

Went through a weird fighting game stage last year and i'm not sure if I can get back into it. Will have to wait and see more on this.

Rxanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#282  Edited By Rxanadu

Is it just me, or are the videos encased in iframes?  Why is that?

Also, this seems less like a re-hash of MK vs DC Universe and more like a proper DC fighting game with MK fighting mechanics.  I can dig it.

dvorak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283  Edited By dvorak

I'm a huge comic book guy, and I love MK, but I just don't find this exciting at all. This seems like a rehash of MK vs. DCU, without the MK half. If there is a cool character creator, then I might be interested, because I'm always a sucker for that.

CactusJack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284  Edited By CactusJack

This is looking good. After the last MK, I am looking forward to whats next!

Timnoldzim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#285  Edited By Timnoldzim

Looks like after doing both universes a tremendous injustice with MK vs DC, NetherRealm decided that their next 2 projects would have to make up for it.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286  Edited By Ghostiet
    @AriesDog said:

‎The power levels of DC Universe is too wide to suspend belief. If this was limited to the Batman cast of heroes and villains, it would've been a tighter concept.

I don't know, it's not like Marvel doesn't have dudes like Wolverine and The Hulk able to regrow skin and muscles after standing in the middle of a nuclear explosion, Deadpool being 100% immortal because of his healing factor and the deal with Thanos or Kitty Pride phasing a bullet through Earth and still flying through the universe for years. Or Ghost Rider, who is basically Superman with a failsafe.

Although I gotta say that MvC's excuse plot worked a lot, lot better than what they came up with for MK vs DC. It sounded like a neat idea at first and then just fell apart the longer it went.

D_train_lives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287  Edited By D_train_lives

Ok so DC Budokai... pass

universalize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 42

#288  Edited By universalize

@Xbox420: agreed

yukoasho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#289  Edited By yukoasho

@Mr_Faraday said:

I absolutely LOVE the idea but I HATE the way it looks. Seriousely its DC, its not supposed to look all dark and gritty.

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Killing-Joke-Alan-Moore/dp/0930289455

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290  Edited By napalm

"Well we need to do something with that DC license, I guess!"

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#291  Edited By Hailinel
    @YukoAsho

@Mr_Faraday said:

I absolutely LOVE the idea but I HATE the way it looks. Seriousely its DC, its not supposed to look all dark and gritty.

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Killing-Joke-Alan-Moore/dp/0930289455

Checkmate.
    Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#292  Edited By Undeadpool

Game aside (think it's interesting idea, hope it executes well, glad to see them not just rushing another MK to market), is anyone MORE enthusiastic/genuinely joyful in this industry than Ed Boon? The guy's like Judge Reinhold, he's got this infectious perma-grin.

Dynamo22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#293  Edited By Dynamo22

I'm not the biggest fighting game fan, mainly because I'm not very good at them...but holy shit that looked amazing.

FreedomTown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294  Edited By FreedomTown

@TheMasterDS said:

I don't like how Gamespot does interviews if that's how they do interviews. I feel like there are too many points where Jeff would've laughed if he was conducting the interview where Ryan Mac Donald said nothing and, additionally, I find the way questions have been edited out (presumably) pretty disturbing. I like an interview where the interviewer acts like a human. I suppose that's why I'm here and not at Gamespot. Game sounds really cool though, can't wait to see more of it including an interview with Jeff and Ed Boon.

Exactly. That is why Gamespot is garbage, and GB is great. It disturbs me I even have to see the word Gamespot when I come here to GB.

Interviews should be uncut, unedited, relaxed, and fun. Not Scared, boring, quiet, scripted, and "trying to hard" if that makes any sense

AxleBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295  Edited By AxleBro

this needs to be more than what they're saying it is for me to be interested in it.... hey look its mk9 with DC characters and no gore and the world isn't as interesting because its DC and not Face Tree Spike Pit world,

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296  Edited By Devil240Z

Its probably not for me but it looks cool.

mr_faraday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#297  Edited By mr_faraday

Thats Batman, Im talking about DC in general. There should be plenty of spandex and old fashioned cheese, not this New 52 crap.

RyShe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#298  Edited By RyShe

I would love a fighting game using all of WB's licenses made by these guys, kinda Smash Bros. but with good fighting.

yukoasho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299  Edited By yukoasho

@Napalm said:

"Well we need to do something with that DC license, I guess!"

It's not a license. WB owns both Netherrealm and DC, so this is pure in-house goodies now.

yukoasho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300  Edited By yukoasho

@Pop said:

No PC with this one either? God damn it! Well it looks good, I don't know if the FGC will like it, maybe if you can turn off background stuff and transition between backgrounds.

Of course the FGC won't like it, it doesn't say "Capcom" on the box.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.