Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Jak and Daxter

Franchise »

From innocent boy hero to edgy action movie hero, Jak, along with his wise-cracking friend Daxter, save the world from various perils and troubles all while trying to uncover the secrets of the mysterious Precursors.

Is there any Jak4 info?...

• 92 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
    deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I can't. :( Not in US, no access to PS3 atm..

I will next week when I go back though. Can't wait. :)

But I might even hold back on playing it until we get trophies for it, if we get trophies for it. O_O'

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52  Edited By fr0br0

Yeah, I'm holding out on doing my BBE run, waiting for any news for trophies.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By LiquidPrince
    Sentry said:
    "Huh? Nope, still haven't played MGS4 all the way, just a little, not the whole thing, so i have no clue what you are talking about, so shut up and don't spoil it for me. LOL. :P"
    Ah, damn. You referenced MGS without even knowing it.
    Avatar image for deactivated-612140337177a
    deactivated-612140337177a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly hope they do like insomniac did and switch between franchises for each new game they do. That way you're still getting gold , it changes things up and fans thrive for the new game.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By LiquidPrince

That would be the smart thing to do.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LiquidPrince said:
    "Sentry said:
    "Huh? Nope, still haven't played MGS4 all the way, just a little, not the whole thing, so i have no clue what you are talking about, so shut up and don't spoil it for me. LOL. :P"
    Ah, damn. You referenced MGS without even knowing it."
    I guess MGS is just so into my bloodnow I can forsee its future without even.. playing it? :S

hush404 said:
    "I honestly hope they do like insomniac did and switch between franchises for each new game they do. That way you're still getting gold , it changes things up and fans thrive for the new game."

Same here, so in late 07 we got Uncharted, just like in late 06 we got RFOM, both new franchises. So hopefully we get a new J&D game in 09, just like IG did with R&C in 07. But this would be better since its one per year, meaning more time to work on the game, which in the end means an overall better game.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By LiquidPrince

That's how MGS rolls.

Avatar image for deactivated-612140337177a
    deactivated-612140337177a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry said:
    "LiquidPrince said:
    "Sentry said:
    Ah, damn. You referenced MGS without even knowing it."
    I guess MGS is just so into my bloodnow I can forsee its future without even.. playing it? :S

hush404 said:
    "I honestly hope they do like insomniac did and switch between franchises for each new game they do. That way you're still getting gold , it changes things up and fans thrive for the new game."

Same here, so in late 07 we got Uncharted, just like in late 06 we got RFOM, both new franchises. So hopefully we get a new J&D game in 09, just like IG did with R&C in 07. But this would be better since its one per year, meaning more time to work on the game, which in the end means an overall better game."
    Yeah, that would be perfect.
    DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#59  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

i loke the Jak series

Jak > Rachet all day

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, its really hard to compare, but overall I guess I would like Jak more then R&C. Both are awesome though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I change my mind, i think Jak 4 will be their next tile not Uncharted 2.

It will be called Jak IV (not lost frontier) and debut at Leipzig (only a week away), probably just in the form of a teaser trailer. Can't wait baby, and you can bet me on it.

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By hazelnutman

I hope Naughty Dog takes the Insomniac approach to their two franchises. Make an Uncharted/Jak alternating per year pattern like Insomniac did with Ratchet/Resistance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol, hell no. XP

06- Resistance: Fall of Man (New IP from Insomniac Games)
    07- Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
    08- Resistance 2
    09- Ratchet & Clank Future: XXXX
    10- Resistance 3
    etc.

What Naughty Dog has done is VERY similar, except they didn't release their new IP as a launch title, but one year later, polishing it up for real quality.

07- Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (New IP from Naughty Dog)
    08- Nothing, year off.
    09- Jak IV
    10- Nothing, year off/
    11- Uncharted 2
    etc.

This is a better way to work, because as you can see their titles are of higher quality in terms of development. They do a game every other year, swapping from their new PS3 franchise to the old PS2 franchise, just like IG is doing, except they do it once a year.

What's funny is now, in 09, the next Jak game and the next Ratchet game will be going head to head. XD

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#64  Edited By Venatio
    chililili said:
    "eduardo said:
    "Wow, if they do bring a new Jak and Daxter game, I'll be very happy. When Jak 3 came out, they were pretty adamant about stating it was the closing chapter of the series.

I'm with pause422 - I hope they bring silent Jak back, the talkie one was awful.
    "
    Talkie Jak was ok I was most wtf tho about the whole lets forget keira and Torn in Jak3 and have Jak hook up wiht Ashelin, sorta useless move i my opinion
    "
    Yeah I agree with you there, it pissed me off a little actually, but then Keira and Jak hooked up again in Jak X and they kissed in the end, also Torn and Ashelin were together again.

Yeah I love the Jak and Daxter series, Jak 2 is my favorite game ever, I REALLY want a new Jak and Daxter game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I don't pay attention to Jak X whatsoever when thinking about Jak & Daxter. Hell, I haven't even really played the game. That's why the next J&D is called Jak IV, not Jak 5. :P

calf_exercises

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By calf_exercises

I am going to guess that naughty dog is doing a uncharted/ jak cycle, So Im guessing their next game will be Jak sometime next year. If not they will do another Uncharted then a Jak in 2010.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Right you are..

Sentry said:

"Lol, hell no. XP

06- Resistance: Fall of Man (New IP from Insomniac Games)
    07- Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
    08- Resistance 2
    09- Ratchet & Clank Future: XXXX
    10- Resistance 3
    etc.

What Naughty Dog has done is VERY similar, except they didn't release their new IP as a launch title, but one year later, polishing it up for real quality.

07- Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (New IP from Naughty Dog)
    08- Nothing, year off.
    09- Jak IV
    10- Nothing, year off/
    11- Uncharted 2
    etc.

This is a better way to work, because as you can see their titles are of higher quality in terms of development. They do a game every other year, swapping from their new PS3 franchise to the old PS2 franchise, just like IG is doing, except they do it once a year.

What's funny is now, in 09, the next Jak game and the next Ratchet game will be going head to head. XD"
    Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Otacon

I'm a little more skeptical,  I am a massive Jak and Daxter fan, and before that a massive Crash fan. I think NDI are really into the Uncharted vibe right now, which isn't a bad thing. I do hope that I am wrong though, an announcement next week would have me jumping for joy, literally.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Otacon said:
    "I'm a little more skeptical,  I am a massive Jak and Daxter fan, and before that a massive Crash fan. I think NDI are really into the Uncharted vibe right now, which isn't a bad thing. I do hope that I am wrong though, an announcement next week would have me jumping for joy, literally."
    I am going to trust a guy I know, as he is almost always right with these kind of things (industry insider), and he is pretty much 100% sure that it's Jak IV. When he asked ND (what's the next PS3 title from you guys), they said [something along the lines of] 'It's Furry'.

Done, and done.
    Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Otacon

Cool, Well I think that I am going to put my hope into this one. We know that they are making an Uncharted 2 as they have said as much, but I think they know what the fans want next. I'm not too sure about Leipzig though, unless Sony want to completely own the show which wouldn't be hard anyway as MS aren't doing a press conference and Nintendo aren't even bothering to make an appearance. Fingers crossed I suppose.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree, I think they do know what the fans want. They have said before that they are interested in seeing how/what they could do with J&D using the Uncharted engine. And recently they said another Uncharted is bound to happen, but that doesn't mean it is their next title exactly. :P

Oh, they also said we will know what they are working on 'very soon', and what is a better way to show it? Leipzig is the only big event coming up, apart from TGS, so this would be a no brainer.

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Otacon

I would go with Leipzig over TGS, A game like J&D might get a little lost there with the general western focus of it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Exactly. If they even show at Leipzig, it will most likely be in the form of a quick teaser trailer. And knowing Naughty Dog, most likely not much CGI.

PenguinNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By PenguinNerd
    Sentry said:
    "Otacon said:
    "I'm a little more skeptical,  I am a massive Jak and Daxter fan, and before that a massive Crash fan. I think NDI are really into the Uncharted vibe right now, which isn't a bad thing. I do hope that I am wrong though, an announcement next week would have me jumping for joy, literally."
    I am going to trust a guy I know, as he is almost always right with these kind of things (industry insider), and he is pretty much 100% sure that it's Jak IV. When he asked ND (what's the next PS3 title from you guys), they said [something along the lines of] 'It's Furry'.

Done, and done."
    Man everyone these days have industry insider friends.....I wish I did :(

But yeah, we need more Jak!
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#75  Edited By shadows_kill
    nerdboy said:
    "Sentry said:
    "Otacon said:

Done, and done."

But yeah, we need more Jak!"
    i cant wait for jak the last frontier. i wish i had inside friends too :(

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shadows_kill said:
    "nerdboy said:
    "Sentry said:
    "Otacon said:

Done, and done."

i cant wait for jak the last frontier. i wish i had inside friends too :("
      Supposedly it's not going to be called the lost frontier, just 'Jak IV'.
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By shadows_kill
    Sentry said:
    "shadows_kill said:
    "nerdboy said:
    "Sentry said:
    "Otacon said:

Done, and done."

i cant wait for jak the last frontier. i wish i had inside friends too :("
      Supposedly it's not going to be called the lost frontier, just 'Jak IV'."
    awww lost(or last) frontier sounds cooler. also didn't they say this is going to be a different trilogy?
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By LiquidPrince

Lost Frontier was a cool name. Jak IV is okay too... Can't complain. Concise.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who knows, maybe that's for an online game they are working on? Since that title did supposedly have something to do with online.

PenguinNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By PenguinNerd
    LiquidPrince said:
    "Lost Frontier was a cool name. Jak IV is okay too... Can't complain. Concise."
    I liked Lost Frontier as well. :D
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By shadows_kill

forget the name i want some gameplay

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Otacon

As Sentry said, its unlike NDI to make an out of Engine trailer, All I ask for is an in Engine Teaser, Like the first Uncharted trailer we saw at E3 2006.

PenguinNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By PenguinNerd
    Otacon said:
    "As Sentry said, its unlike NDI to make an out of Engine trailer, All I ask for is an in Engine Teaser, Like the first Uncharted trailer we saw at E3 2006."
    Yeah, so at least we can know what they are making.
    Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Otacon

Not showing up yet, maybe TGS then?

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#85  Edited By Soap

Gahh I hope they hurry up with this, I'm a huge Jak fan... I even loved Jak X lol XD

chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#86  Edited By chililili

I think they're gonna do ratchet and Clank episodes for a while

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#87  Edited By ProfessorEss

Jak was definitely my favourite PS2 franchise.

Can't wait for another one.

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Otacon

Every month I go on a Jak research hunt to find any new news. Did anyone catch those Youtube vids of never before seen cutscenes before they were taken down?

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

I want Jak4 also!

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#90  Edited By AndrewGaspar
    @DuhQbnSiLo said:
    " I want Jak4 also! "
    I remember this thread... it was pretty awesome. Even saw a couple of my old posts in here.

And you have ruined all of those fond memories by posting an unnecessary post that didn't at all comment on the irony of this thread, which I will not bother to do now since the thread has already been ruined.

Thank you.
    DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo
    @AndrewGaspar:  Idc.. i love Jak & Daxter i was just bumpin this thread
    Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#92  Edited By Lazyaza

Lost Frontier is the psp game they showed at E3, has a large focus on air combat.  Its set at the 'edge of the world' in the JnD universe. Probably wont be available until the PsPGo launches.
    I too would love to see a proper Jak 4, if they show it off at next years E3 I will likely need new pants.  God knows Even Wells has said 'we'd like to go back to the JnD universe some day' enough times already :P
    I always wondered if they did another game would it be set in Mar's time line or just continue on from where Jak 3 ended.  My guess is more time travel hyjinks are inevitable regardless lol.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.