Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kickstarter Funded

Concept »

Games that were funded through Kickstarter.

Weisman bringing back classic Shadowrun (this wks big KS news).

• 58 results
    alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By alternate

2 ppl kicked in 10k each. I don't do kickstarter as I don't like pre-ordering a year or more in advance but it is pretty exciting. Especially as, to keep costs down, they are almost all PC downloadable titles.

As soon as a high profile game or two sinks, taking all the money with it, this whole idea will lose it's appeal but it certainly makes for an interesting 6 months ahead.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By DeF

@1337W422102 said:

This is REAL Shadowrun, right? None of that "Counter-Strike with magic" bullshit from a few years back?

... just watch the video :)

HoboZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By HoboZero

I'm outside the US but I really want to chip in on this - does anyone know if there is a way to donate from Canada?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@HoboZero said:

I'm outside the US but I really want to chip in on this - does anyone know if there is a way to donate from Canada?

Anyone with a credit card can donate.
    HoboZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By HoboZero

@Brodehouse: Ah, thanks! - the last entry in the FAQ on that page made it look like backers had to be US based. Never realized kickstarter used Amazon checkout. So easy, maybe I'll take a look around for something else to back :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@HoboZero: May I suggest

The Banner Saga, a TRPG with an incredible art style that promises a mature storyline. It's designed by three devs who last worked on The Old Republic. Next to Shadowrun, this is probably the game I'm most excited about coming out of Kickstarter.

Wasteland 2, I'm sure you've heard of it. Designed by what seems like half of the old Interplay and assisted by Chris Avellone, probably the best writer in the history of this medium.

Aura Tactics, this one is much lower scale, but it seems like an interesting enough TRPG and you can get a copy for just 5 bucks.

Zippedbinders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57  Edited By Zippedbinders

Never played a Shadowrun game before, however this seems really cool. I should probably chip in.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By Aetheldod

Unlike a lot of people ... Im glad that more developers are taking this route , there is place for non "AAA" multi million games , more akin to the old age of videogames , which Im fine with. I dont need ultra high pc breaking graphics all the time to appreciate a good game and the best thing is that the developers gets their cash for making the game , they dont loose the money if the game doesnt becomes a hit (this meaning that it doesnt breaks even , not an excuse to make a subpar game) and if they want to keep making games this way they have to give their best ... not half assed lame games (in theory anyway).

ninnanuam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By ninnanuam

Maybe I sound like an asshole but I feel when it comes to video games, Kickstarter is a way for incredibly rich businessmen to make a product with no risk and make total bank. All they need to do is trade on nerd nostalgia.

This is the perfect case in point, I like Jordan, but the guy is pretty fucking wealthy, if he wanted to make a Shadowrun game like the old ones he could have put up 400K himself at any point over at least the last 10 years, but he didn't. It looks like he didn't even think of it until the whole doublefine/wasteland/kickstarter 0 risk option appeared.

That being said ill still be putting down at at least enough to get a copy of the game, because I love Shadowrun.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.