Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 27, 2009

Take the fight to the Helghast in this first person shooter from Guerrilla Games.

Top 1% = Me?

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Luke

Hello all... I am now Ranked 2,234 best Killzone 2 Player out of over 330,000+ people who've played online, this week.  Does that mean I'm in the Top 1% and will I get the Trophy for it?

Also, for how long do I have to keep my Weekly Ranking for?  Does it calculate on Saturday @ Midnight, or Sunday, or what?

In-addition, will the Top 3%, 6%, and 10% Trophies retroact for me, if I get the Top 1% Trophy?

Lastly, how in the hell did I get this high up on the Rankings?  I've never really played much FPS games, always thought they were kinda lame (all I do is pull the trigger when someone else's face is in my gun's sight), but Killzone 2 has me hooked hard!

Anyway, can anyone here answer my questions pweeze?  Thanks! :D

P.S. How is everybody else doing in this amazingly awesome game?!

PowerSerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By PowerSerj

The trophies are retroactive, and I believe the Top *% is just for that week, not for all time... I think?

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By fr0br0

At first I thought it was dumb for there to be a trophy for being a top % of ranking because there are always those people who abuse the points system.

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Luke

@ PowerSerj:  Thanks for the info, but do you have a link or something with the details, or did you get these Trophies last week?  Do you know when the week "ends" according to Killzone 2?

@ Fr0Br0:  What do you think now?  I don't think anyone can cheat/abuse or anything?

Magresda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Magresda

I got the trophy for top 10% percent when I powered up KZ last monday. It gave me a clear message beforehand. Just keep playing and you'll probably get it come monday.

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Luke

@Magresda: Awesome! Thank you!

I guess I'll let report back on Monday and let everyone know what/when/how it happens, to confirm.  Hopefully, I won't somehow slip below 10% before Sunday night :p

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By OmegaPirate

No dont follow magresdas word!!

No offence buddy there is ssolid reasoning, the game stats reset twice last week by mistake and those who got the trophies on sunday night/monday morning (i was one o them) only got them as the stats had also reset on saturday night at midnight - meaning the trophies were handed out at the second reset by mistake -and those of us tht had played solidly ll sunday got a decent rnkage due to the fact that - y'know we'd played it madly.

As far as i am aware the stats reset on a saturday at midnight (if the first reset is the correct one) - and in order to get the trophy you must quit out o multiplayer and load it back up again -you will be presented with a congratulations screen and you honour rank colours, followed by the trophies.

I too am pushing for the 1%^ -within the top 1000 atm so reckon i got a good shot, my recommendation would be to play until saturday midnight (or 12:30 to be safe) close the game, boot it back up and log into multiplayer, you should bee awarded trophies, if not make sure you ARE in top 1% - if you are then sundays reset is the one to aim for so repeat the procedure for sunday midnight.

You do not get awarded the trophy in real time as far as im aware, you must 'log-in' to the multiplayer in order for it to read.

I could be wrong but based on my experiance and the nature of the resets im kidna figuring this is correct - good luck buddy! lemme know if you get it!
    Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Luke

@OmegaPirate: Dude, you rock!  Thanks a lot for the info!  I hope to be breaking into the thousands today, myself :p

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Diamond

I am AMAZED how much some people are playing this game.  I started off the week with the intention of going for the top 1%, but most of those people seem to be playing 8+ hours DAILY.  It's nuts and I'll be really surprised if I even get top 5% played.  I always score high when playing online, so it's just a matter of played time.

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Luke

I think my GF would be mad at me if I played 8+ hours daily... maybe 6 or 7, but not 8! :p

I have set aside a good 14 hours or so though, of straight killing, on Saturday! :D  I need that Top 1%!!!!!!!

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By OmegaPirate
    Luke said:
    "I think my GF would be mad at me if I played 8+ hours daily... maybe 6 or 7, but not 8! :pI have set aside a good 14 hours or so though, of straight killing, on Saturday! :D  I need that Top 1%!!!!!!!"
    My GF has been told thata she has no say in this and saturday midnight she will get my attention, and until then - she must be quiet

Truth!

This is retaliation for making me go see spiderman 3
    JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By JoelTGM

I think it updates every Sunday at around 8PM GST if I remember correctly.  Yes honor ranks are given out depending on rankings for the week. 

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Luke

Whelp, I'm now sittin' pretty at Rank 1,893.  I'm gunna play all day tomorrow, hopefully improve my Rank, and also hopefully lock-in my 1%.  I can't wait 'til Sunday to see what happens! :)

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By get2sammyb
    Diamond said:
    "I am AMAZED how much some people are playing this game.  I started off the week with the intention of going for the top 1%, but most of those people seem to be playing 8+ hours DAILY.  It's nuts and I'll be really surprised if I even get top 5% played.  I always score high when playing online, so it's just a matter of played time."
    Sadly, I will never, ever commit that much time to Killzone 2 purely for a trophy. I just don't have that kind of dedication.
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By Karmum
    Diamond said:
    "I am AMAZED how much some people are playing this game.  I started off the week with the intention of going for the top 1%, but most of those people seem to be playing 8+ hours DAILY.  It's nuts and I'll be really surprised if I even get top 5% played.  I always score high when playing online, so it's just a matter of played time."
    I really have no idea how people have that kind of time to play hours on end. I hope at least if they are doing that, they are doing it at night. I wouldn't waste my whole day on a single game, sorry.
    Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Luke

Errr, it's now 5:20 PST in the morning, and I can't stay-up any longer... I'm gunna crash-out and leave my current Ranking @ 1,772 out of 398,000+.

Hopefully, my Rank won't drop below 3,980 over the next 6.5 hours and hopefully I'll get the 4 Trophy dings when I wake-up around noonish :)

Gewd night and wish me luck.... oh, and gewd luck to anyone else trying to get these crazy-ass Trophies that are slightly killing me :p

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Luke

I got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, what a long week it was.  Here are the pics of my exploits! :D

1% Ribbon, Baby!
    1% Ribbon, Baby!

Gold Valor Grand Cross Trophy = pwn
    Gold Valor Grand Cross Trophy = pwn

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.