Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 3

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 22, 2011

Killzone 3 continues the story of the invasion of the planet Helghan by the oppressive forces of the merciless Interplanetary Strategic Alliance. The game also features an improved multiplayer progression system and refined classes.

First Killzone 3 official trailer (non gameplay)

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Rhaknar
    OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By OmegaPirate

Yeah i was thinking the same thing about resistance 3 - i loved the 1st but the 2nd really underwhelmed me, and with all this focus on killzone 3 as you say its deffo gonna be overshadowed - Unless of course they manage to pull off something awesome!! (though im still sketpical) 

A little worried they are focusing so much on this Melee aspect of it rather than game play itself, though it totally looks like the kind of CQC you see in the metal gear games, and that shit always looked awesome and violent - it does mention in the article that Pachter got hands on with the melee stuff and was not impressed which scared me a little - but then i realised  

A) LolMichaelPachter 
    and 
    B)Kotaku...... 

So yeah im gonna take that with a huge pinch of salt, lets hope we get a gameplay trailer soon and something that looks relatively like the promo here in actual execution, as to avoid Killzone 2's ill fated Hype!

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By dbz1995
    @Rhaknar said:
     On a side note, is it me or does it look like a Resistance 3 announcement would be kind of silly now with so much emphasis on Killzone 3? "
    No, I agree with you. They'll want to maximese hype and puting KZ3 with R3 may tell people who want both games it's either one or the other.
    Avatar image for raccoonusdoodus
    raccoonusdoodus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By raccoonusdoodus
    @dbz1995 said:
    " @Rhaknar said:
     On a side note, is it me or does it look like a Resistance 3 announcement would be kind of silly now with so much emphasis on Killzone 3? "
    No, I agree with you. They'll want to maximese hype and puting KZ3 with R3 may tell people who want both games it's either one or the other. "
    *sigh* well if that's true, then it looks like it'll be a loooooong time before Resistance 3. Man, that sucks, R3 is way more important than KZ3...
    imo
    MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

There was 10 minutes of gameplay leaked for those who want to see the actual game.  It looks like Killzone 2 with snow and melee attacks.   

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By zero_

Imnsomniac should put R3 on hold - for K3 and to work more on their multiplatform games (which has, I think, a bigger momentum/hype than R3 behind it despite not being announced)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.