Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

L.A. Noire

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released May 17, 2011

L.A. Noire is a detective thriller developed by Team Bondi in Australia and published by Rockstar Games.

Cheat Codes

VictoryBlixt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By VictoryBlixt

So this game looks to be an amazing story driven game with a refreshing focus on being an investigator and not being an annihilator and I for one am extremely pumped. This game also tries to  make you feel like a real cop and therefore you can't whip out your gun at any time and can only do so during missions and if you kill more than a couple of civilians through vehicular means then it's game over. So playing through this game will most likely be a delight but after you've beat the game there's really nothing left to do other than go collectible hunting. So am I alone in hoping for a cheat code that essentially enables GTA mode? I know that's not what this game is about and It's not what im coming to it for but I do think it would be a nice end of game unlock for if you just wanted to muck around for a couple of minutes.  Do you think this'll be in the game and would you want it to be?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic

i'm with you on that one.

i wanna go rogue cop and pistol whip pedestrians
    PaulRevere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By PaulRevere

I totally agree. That would be pretty awesome.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By lordofultima

You can replay cases and try to find different or more efficient branches of the investigation, to achieve a higher rating for that case. There are also a lot of small time crimes that will play over radio as you're traveling from one location to the next. And of course, you can collect things.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By wolf_blitzer85
    @lordofultima said:
    " You can replay cases and try to find different or more efficient branches of the investigation, to achieve a higher rating for that case. There are also a lot of small time crimes that will play over radio as you're traveling from one location to the next. And of course, you can collect things. "
    Aww damnit, that radio is going to keep sidetracking me every chance it gets. I just know it.
    VictoryBlixt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By VictoryBlixt
    @lordofultima: I understand that the game has other things to do once you finish it I'm just saying it would nice and easy of them to include a cheat code that essentially turns off to ingame switches and would provide all of 10 minutes entertainment ;)
    drmadhatten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By drmadhatten

Totally agree. With open world, and cheat codes there is so much replay value. I wish more people understood that. Saint's Row 2 did. I'm all for immersion, but it is a game, and I like to relax a bit.

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mfpantst

All of you are so dumb.  NO

Unless of course I can get bribed by a criminal and kill all the cops, and get away with it.  (Ie enter into a story where I now play as a cop on the run from the law)

Or if another option where you go renegade because the cops ARE the bad guys and you have to hide all the time.

But in general, FUCK OFF with your "I want this to be GTA in the 40's" Bullshit

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Vexxan
    @mfpantst said:
    "But in general, FUCK OFF with your "I want this to be GTA in the 40's" Bullshit "
    I agree, the last thing I want in this game is access to tanks, helicopters and other overkill crap.
    mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mfpantst
    @Vegsen said:
    " @mfpantst said:
    "But in general, FUCK OFF with your "I want this to be GTA in the 40's" Bullshit "
    I agree, the last thing I want in this game is access to tanks, helicopters and other overkill crap. "
    Thank you for the additional voice of crispy common sense.
    one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By one_2nd
    I'm with op on this one.

@mfpantst said:
    " All of you are so dumb.  "

@mfpantst said:
    "  FUCK OFF with your "I want this to be GTA in the 40's" Bullshit "

because we have a different opinion? calm down, bud. 
    mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mfpantst
    @one_2nd: Lol- not actually upset- though it does legitimately confuse my why anyone would want LA Noire to be GTA in the 40's.  Though have fun!
    Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By Daveyo520

Ooo this is the post Jeff thinks is stupid.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By SlightConfuse

If you want that then i suggest playing gta.
    I think people are forgetting this is made by team bondi and not rockstar

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By hatking
    @mfpantst said:
    " @Vegsen said:
    " @mfpantst said:
    I agree, the last thing I want in this game is access to tanks, helicopters and other overkill crap. "
    Thank you for the additional voice of crispy common sense. "
    I don't think anybody is talking about anything that'd ruin the story or sense of character in the game; in fact, the original post explicitly said "end of game unlock."  I think it is perfectly reasonable to want some sort of silly cheats or something just to mess with the game after you finish it.  And besides, cheats hardly effect those of you who are so dedicated to a game's universe you refuse to accept anything out of place--God knows what you'll do the first time a glitch comes by.

Personally I'd be interesting in playing with the universe in strange ways with cheats.  I mean if I unlock a cheat mode after finishing the story, that'd only increase the time I'd spend with it, right?  Of course, I don't think this will happen; Rockstar seems to avoid crazy cheats anymore.
    one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By one_2nd
    @mfpantst said:
    " @one_2nd: Lol- not actually upset- though it does legitimately confuse my why anyone would want LA Noire to be GTA in the 40's.  Though have fun! "
    Just to fuck around. If they did do this and you didn't like it, all you have to do is not use it. I don't see why anyone'd rage and make a big deal of it. And yeah, you too; I'm stoked. 
    VictoryBlixt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By VictoryBlixt
    @mfpantst said:
    " All of you are so dumb.  NOUnless of course I can get bribed by a criminal and kill all the cops, and get away with it.  (Ie enter into a story where I now play as a cop on the run from the law)Or if another option where you go renegade because the cops ARE the bad guys and you have to hide all the time.But in general, FUCK OFF with your "I want this to be GTA in the 40's" Bullshit "
    Well if you had actually read my OP you would know that I don't want this game to be GTA nor expect it to be. I specifically said it would be a fun cheat code for after you've beaten the game. I didn't say that I wanted the main game to be like that and didn't say I wanted it to be a game mode, I said I would like it as a fun cheat that I would use for all of 10 min. So why don't you actually try understanding what you read (or actually reading it at all) instead of making an ignorant comment
    mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mfpantst
    @VictoryBlixt: Because ignorance is bliss.  Ignorance is Bliss.
    VictoryBlixt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By VictoryBlixt
    @slightconfuse:  It's not what I want from this game and I know exactly what kind of game this is and am ecstatic about it, I just think it would be fun if this would be a cheat code that could be used after you beat the game
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @wolf_blitzer85 said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    " You can replay cases and try to find different or more efficient branches of the investigation, to achieve a higher rating for that case. There are also a lot of small time crimes that will play over radio as you're traveling from one location to the next. And of course, you can collect things. "
    Aww damnit, that radio is going to keep sidetracking me every chance it gets. I just know it. "
    i can't fuckin' wait for that to, erm, keep happening !
    Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By Dizzyhippos

R1, R2, L1, L2, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Right, up?

HoM3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By HoM3R

Does anybody even know how they go about this stuff like Shooting/running over pedestrian.
    Instant FAIL screen "im pulling you out Fisher"
    Maybe some slack and option for collateral damage and lower rating on your case score.
    Your  colleague turning on you and killing or arresting you (would make for a few fun minutes but would also make the game like GTA).

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @HoM3R said:
    " Does anybody even know how they go about this stuff like Shooting/running over pedestrian.Instant FAIL screen "im pulling you out Fisher"Maybe some slack and option for collateral damage and lower rating on your case score.Your  colleague turning on you and killing or arresting you (would make for a few fun minutes but would also make the game like GTA). "
    we're gonna have to wait and see ;/
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#24  Edited By Yummylee
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " @HoM3R said:
    " Does anybody even know how they go about this stuff like Shooting/running over pedestrian.Instant FAIL screen "im pulling you out Fisher"Maybe some slack and option for collateral damage and lower rating on your case score.Your  colleague turning on you and killing or arresting you (would make for a few fun minutes but would also make the game like GTA). "
    we're gonna have to wait and see ;/ "
    I know certain felonies like that will add to your overall Case score, and there'll be a limit of how much shit you can stir (though car-hijacking looks to be allowed). I'd wager that the case would most likely just end and would throw you back to the beginning, or the last auto-save or something. They could also moderate through a generalised meter that punishes in the same manner should you go over the lid. All we can do yeah, is just wait and see, though I really would hate to find that you'd actually become a criminal and be forced into a firefight with your colleagues...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.