Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

L.A. Noire

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released May 17, 2011

L.A. Noire is a detective thriller developed by Team Bondi in Australia and published by Rockstar Games.

L.A. Noire. Fantastic game, but we need new consoles bad.

• 57 results
    SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By SSully

I ignore framerate drops on consoles, but they still can be annoying. On PC I refuse to play a game when it is under 30 FPS.

Joru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By Joru

I totally agree, in general when you're driving around the city, the only things that look good are the cars and people. Probably not enough horsepower was left for the environment. The textures could definitely be sharper, the framerate as well. The game would be much more immersive for me if it were.

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By benpicko

We need new consoles anyway, the graphics on current ones are looking noticeably shit. 

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Your absolutely right, everyone else just needs to raise their standards. The wii 2 seems to be the first console to get a boost in graphics, I predict it's 1080p for all multiplatform games so that's a start. But consoles better start to get a move on because we don't care about playstation move or kinect for a few more years. Also the graphics are barely tolerable if you are a pc gamer. It's like going back to upscaled dvds after watching blu ray. Something is lacking.

Hashbrowns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#55  Edited By Hashbrowns

Whenever new consoles are eventually released, we'll likely just see developers grappling with the new hardware and thus get shakey performance during early games.  Then we'll move onto the next phase, where they shoot for visuals that look like the best thing ever in screenshots, but aren't optimized to run smoothly.  For me, a CONSISTENT frame rate is far more vital than graphical detail.

And it is not petty to complain about poor performance in a game.  We're shelling out good money for a product and we should expect excellence in every aspect of every game, graphic quality included.  If graphics really don't matter, play with your eyes closed.

AgentofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By AgentofChaos

I only had an FPS problem in the first cutscene, and it dropped pretty badly. But other than that nothing noticeable.

biospank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#57  Edited By biospank

If we are going to a new gen of consolles they have to make the gpu in second gen dx11 not like what happend this gen where they used first gen dx9

SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#58  Edited By SpecTackle

Or we could stop beating around the bush and just use PCs instead of terribly designed consoles.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.