Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Left 4 Dead 2

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Nov 17, 2009

In the sequel to Valve's cooperative zombie shooter, a new team of four ragtag survivors must work together to survive the apocalypse, facing new Infected threats as they fight their way across the Southern United States.

Seriously? (Got kicked out)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for killer_meatballs
    killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By killer_meatballs

I was just playing online campaign and got kicked out..  The three other members kicked me out.   
    But why? 
    I  admit, I suck at games,  and am even worse online, but I was helping out, and even pointed out the witch,  which some guy still shot and got attacked. 
    WTF? 
    All three booting me?  I don't get it. 
    I did shoot some of  my team members, but accidently, and stopped when I found out I was doing that. 
    Maybe this is the reason?  
     I just thought is was F'd up. 

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64
    @killer_meatballs: Welcome to the world of Xbox Live.  (If you are talking about the 360 version.)
    killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By killer_meatballs

Yes, i was playing on the 360.  And this is my first ever Xbox.   I  always had a Playstation, and just never thought about getting an Xbox.   I couldn't turn down the MW2 edition.   
    So this is what to expect with Xbox LIve?  Crazy.

RankRabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RankRabbit

Yeah, idiots do that on Left 4 Dead. Both of them. They'll do it to make room for their other buddies, or they'll blame their crappy connection on you and stuff like that. It would probably be better if they didn't let you kick people from games for stupid reasons like that.

CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By CowMuffins
    @killer_meatballs said:
    " Yes, i was playing on the 360.  And this is my first ever Xbox.   I  always had a Playstation, and just never thought about getting an Xbox.   I couldn't turn down the MW2 edition.   So this is what to expect with Xbox LIve?  Crazy. "
    This is why I havn't played my Xbox in...4 months?
    ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By ImperiousRix

You should definitely think about getting some people you know to play with you.  In a game like L4D where it's almost solely cooperative, it would seem like it could be ridiculous trying to get some of the douches online to work as a team.

killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By killer_meatballs

But that's why I was so surprised.  I was helping, and if one member dies, isn't it almost impossible to get through a level with even just three?  When I was left for dead (3 times) they got over come pretty quickly.

OctaneHugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By OctaneHugo

If you really were playing like shit, I fail to see how you could be angry.

If you were making a few mistakes and tried explaining you were new, they probably just didn't want an inexperienced player.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By EpicSteve

L4D is a game that is easy to get kicked. It's very common in game I've participated in for the host to kick anyone making the slightest mistakes.

Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By captain_clayman

mean people are mean.

Dark_Jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dark_Jon

I got kicked out in a vs game. Some guy said tk and called a vote and I got kicked for no reason at all. I was trying to help my team too, what a bunch of assholes. This was on the PC btw.

Avatar image for collegefootballguy
    CollegeFootballGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killer_meatballs:
    im sorry to laugh at your pain but yeah, this IS xbox live in a nut shell
    zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By zombie2011
    @killer_meatballs said:
    " Yes, i was playing on the 360.  And this is my first ever Xbox.   I  always had a Playstation, and just never thought about getting an Xbox.   I couldn't turn down the MW2 edition.   So this is what to expect with Xbox LIve?  Crazy. "
    No, this is what you should expect to happen with an online team game when you yourself said you suck and shot your teammates. It's not just Xbox Live.
    SolemnOaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SolemnOaf

Nah, don't try to blame it on him.  I've been booted from a L4D game for plugging in my mic so I didn't have to hear my teammate's voices through my speakers.  Seriously.
    Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

I was playing Left 4 Dead 2 Versus the other day, and me and two other players decided to kick this other guy because he kept going far away from us and holding us back constantly. He was a guest on another player's account that was on the opposite team, and he sent a message saying "Why?". I didn't get a chance to respond to it since it was at the beginning of the campaign.

If they had a mic, and had explained to us that they were new or something, then there wouldn't have been a problem. But when one player who doesn't talk is constantly doing things to cause our team to lose, and thus causing us not to have as much fun, then yes, they should be kicked.

It sounds like you had a mic though, and that you were helpful. In this case, they might have been friends who wanted another friend to join, or for some other reason. Either way, you don't know their reason, so I wouldn't take it personally. It is easy to hop into another game, and more often than not you should have a good experience.

Edit: Don't let his one experience ruin your perception of Xbox Live. Like anywhere else, there will be a lot of assholes and people who like to ruin the experience of others, but there are also many great people too that you will have a ton of fun playing with. I have experienced several of my greatest gaming experiences ever playing online. Keep playing, make some friends on the service, and you won't have to worry about stuff like this as much.

empfeix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By empfeix
    @killer_meatballs said:
    " I was just playing online campaign and got kicked out..  The three other members kicked me out.   But why? I  admit, I suck at games,  and am even worse online, but I was helping out, and even pointed out the witch,  which some guy still shot and got attacked. WTF? All three booting me?  I don't get it. I did shoot some of  my team members, but accidently, and stopped when I found out I was doing that. Maybe this is the reason?   I just thought is was F'd up.  "
    @Dark_Jon said:
    " I got kicked out in a vs game. Some guy said tk and called a vote and I got kicked for no reason at all. I was trying to help my team too, what a bunch of assholes. This was on the PC btw. "

It happens to everyone, don't let it bother you too much.  Sometimes someone decides to call a vote for seemingly no reason at all.  And honestly if your losing sometimes I think people just all vote yes because they are down. 

Sometimes people do it to let a friend in but they dont bother to ask first.   

And in my experience, most people (on pc) dont vote to kick even if your bad - people seem pretty good about it or just ragequit instead.  
    aerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By aerious

I remember in the original left 4 dead I was playing online splitscreen with one of my mates. I was quite inebriated and was slurring insults at everybody and the funny thing was my mate ended up getting votekicked instead of me. 

Another time we were playing versus and he got kicked because his infected score was "too low" he was just having a shitty game, it happens and really winning isnt everything.

Dark_Jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Dark_Jon

Yeah, I just got unlucky there, I was just playing earlier today and I swear we had the best team ever. We cleared two campaigns on advanced effortlessly.

killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By killer_meatballs

Thanks for the replies.   I'm over it now, but it did bother me when it happened.   Never happened to me before.  Just to clarify though, I don't  think I was doing THAT badly.  Yes, I did shoot them a couple of times, but it wasn't that many times!!
    But I will play better!!!

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By CornontheCobbe
    @killer_meatballs: Damn man, i feel your pain. I always used to get kicked from Left 4 Dead and Far Cry 2 for no reason. People are just plain rude sometimes. Heck i got kicked because i was too tired to plug my mic into my controller and communicate with them once!
    MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22  Edited By MysteriousBob
    @killer_meatballs said:
    " I was just playing online campaign and got kicked out..  The three other members kicked me out.   But why? I  admit, I suck at games,  and am even worse online, but I was helping out, and even pointed out the witch,  which some guy still shot and got attacked. WTF? All three booting me?  I don't get it. I did shoot some of  my team members, but accidently, and stopped when I found out I was doing that. Maybe this is the reason?   I just thought is was F'd up.  "
    This happens all the time and if three people out of three agreed, then it was probably well founded. Get over it.
    killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By killer_meatballs
    @MysteriousBob said:
    " @killer_meatballs said:
    This happens all the time and if three people out of three agreed, then it was probably well founded. Get over it. "
    Wow.  What's it like to be cool?   I wanna be just like you.  Get a life, seriously.  
    If you bothered to read my reply completely I SAID I was over it.  
    Left4deadgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24  Edited By Left4deadgirl

I find it funny how a lot of people kick me for no reason. I mean i don't suck or anything in fact in scavenge im usually the one to get the most gas cans. I have noticed i have been kicked by a lot of girls it may be because I'm a girl myself maybe they feel offended, maybe they feel i have to be the queen of the castle and no girl can be better then me. I find it humorous. I just have learned to deal with it. But thing is I'm glad i have good memory on who kicks me because later eventually they join my games and i kick them for no reason :) Because i have to be the queen of my castle for god sakes lmfao

killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By killer_meatballs

LOL

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By Snail

THEY'RE TROOOLLLLLLIN'.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#27  Edited By TheHT

get over it. really, if you're going to continue pubbing and you don't get over it, you're going to cry yourself to sleep LOL.

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By sodiumCyclops

Has happened to me a few times (PC version), but only because I wasn't doing to good on the infected side. Survivors FTW!

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By End_Boss

Hey man, if you ever wanna' play L4D2 hit me up on XBL: TheSulkingDead.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ch13696

Thats what you would expect on the 360 version. Happens to me all the time unless Im playing with friends. Unless you play the PC version. I don't run into that problem there.

codycody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By codycody

It has happened a few times in games I've been in on the PC version too.  I think most people take L4D way too seriously (especially in VS mode) and in my opinion this makes the game less fun than having a shitty player on my team.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#32  Edited By natetodamax

Welcome to Xbox LIVE. Expect that to happen at least once everyt ime you play.

L4wz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By L4wz

Say hello to Xbox Live
    mthe1337one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By mthe1337one
    @Fragstoff said:

" they had a friend coming, or you do really suck "

as harsh as the latter reason may be, it's usually not far from the truth.  it's fast joining a new game anyway (i'm guessing the 360 version has the same lobby system that PC players use on Steam) and there's plenty of ppl online who are willing to not kick people lol
    killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By killer_meatballs
    @End_Boss said:
    " Hey man, if you ever wanna' play L4D2 hit me up on XBL: TheSulkingDead. "
    Thanks, will do.

And mods, can you close this thread?   I get it, I get it: I SUCK!!!
    angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By angelkanarias

friends do that frequently, I remember I assaulted counter strike servers with my friends and we just kicked and banned everyone out, it was quite fun at expense of those who were kicked. Welcome to the internet.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Locking at request of OP.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.