Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

This what will carry over from you Mass Effect save file.

• 104 results
    General_D23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By General_D23
    @Bubahula said:
    "will it acknowledge if you were a high level but not quite 60? "

You will get bonuses, but you'd get better bonuses for lvl 60. It sounds like even if you finished the game with a lvl 30 character, you'd still get some kind of bonus for importing him.

You also get bonuses if you finished a playthrough with the Rich achievement unlocked. I'm guessing that finishing the collect-a-thon quests will get you something too. (They damn well better, anyway, I've made sure to do them with each character I'm importing.).
    mastrbiggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By mastrbiggy

Very cool

Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By Mrnitropb

Wonder if they'll acknowledge that fact that I glitched on Noveria to get full Renegade and Paragon?

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By jmrwacko

The DVD actually explodes in your hard drive, and you're banned from buying Bioware games forever.

Jaws98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By Jaws98
    @marioncobretti:  Conrad actually becomes a lieutenant  in the Alliance in the second game. So if you treated him harshly in the first game, he might try to get you.
    SaintMits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#56  Edited By SaintMits
    @Solarus said:
    " Well looks like I'm going to need to play through the game again if they count whether you're level 60 or not (I assume it'll give you some kind of badge of honor or prize at the start of ME2). I did my paragon run on my first play-through, renegade on my 2nd, and hit level 60 on Insanity on my 3rd. On my 3rd play-through though, I skipped a ton of quests and can't remember what decisions I made, so if I can't just take my original run and maintain level 60 status, I may as well do another full play-through. Oh well, it'll prepare me for ME2 anyway I guess. "

This is basically what I was wondering.

I played through it once with all the decisions that i wanted to make and then I played it a second time to get to level 60. Does this mean that I'll have to choose my second save file to get the level 60 bonus? Or can I choose the first one, as it is with the same character, and still get the bonus?

General_D23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By General_D23
    @SaintMits said:
    "@Solarus said:
    " Well looks like I'm going to need to play through the game again if they count whether you're level 60 or not (I assume it'll give you some kind of badge of honor or prize at the start of ME2). I did my paragon run on my first play-through, renegade on my 2nd, and hit level 60 on Insanity on my 3rd. On my 3rd play-through though, I skipped a ton of quests and can't remember what decisions I made, so if I can't just take my original run and maintain level 60 status, I may as well do another full play-through. Oh well, it'll prepare me for ME2 anyway I guess. "

This is basically what I was wondering.

I played through it once with all the decisions that i wanted to make and then I played it a second time to get to level 60. Does this mean that I'll have to choose my second save file to get the level 60 bonus? Or can I choose the first one, as it is with the same character, and still get the bonus?

"

The lvl bonus is specific to each playthrough, i think. If you end your first playthrough at, say, lvl 40, you'd get what bonus you would, but you would get better bonuses for importing lvl 60. 

If you really want the bonus, you'd have to play it again. 

They might just check to see if you have the lvl 60 achievement unlocked, like they do with the Rich achievement, but I'm they will probably just check what your lvl is for the character.
    SaintMits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By SaintMits

Right, so I have to play through this again along with the 3 other games I haven't played yet and all this with a broken Xbox. Super.

Avatar image for deactivated-6204297b0c601
    deactivated-6204297b0c601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Does anyone know if you can re-spec/change your class if you import a save?  Since they're letting you change your appearance and start you at level 1, I would guess they would... 

Edit: Apparently you can, according to another thread I should have read before posting.
    Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
    Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Gooddoggy said:
    " Does anyone know if you can re-spec/change your class if you import a save?  Since they're letting you change your appearance and start you at level 1, I would guess they would... "
    Yep you have to do that all over.  The classes are the same name wise but very different going from the previews.
    Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61  Edited By TheMustacheHero

I don't remember Conrad...Other than that I made all the right decisions IMO.

And yes. I killed Wrex >:D

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I can't even patch the game anymore with bring down the sky because I moved the game to a different drive when it didn't give me an option to install it there. I probally won't be able to keep my save, which is utter b.s unless I uninstall using EA's deauthorization tool. It's all their drm's fault which already said I used three of them already when I only used 2.

I also heard that those who bought the first game on steam might not be able to carry over their save either. Which is dissapointing.  

I also heard if you don't have a save like I can't even install a patch and the game might not even reconise my save, wrex will die, ashley will live, council dies, ect, racid queen will die. Maybe I have to reinstall and use up another install limit if I don't deautorize. I'm glad there is only a securerom disc check for the next game.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Pibo47

OMG! This game has me so pumped its not even funny! Damn this is gonna be some hot stuff!

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#64  Edited By DoctorTran
    @TheMustacheHero said:
    " I don't remember Conrad...Other than that I made all the right decisions IMO.  And yes. I killed Wrex >:D "
    Space racist.
    Jiggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Jiggah
    @HitmanAgent47 said:
    "

I can't even patch the game anymore with bring down the sky because I moved the game to a different drive when it didn't give me an option to install it there. I probally won't be able to keep my save, which is utter b.s unless I uninstall using EA's deauthorization tool. It's all their drm's fault which already said I used three of them already when I only used 2.

I also heard that those who bought the first game on steam might not be able to carry over their save either. Which is dissapointing.  

I also heard if you don't have a save like I can't even install a patch and the game might not even reconise my save, wrex will die, ashley will live, council dies, ect, racid queen will die. Maybe I have to reinstall and use up another install limit if I don't deautorize. I'm glad there is only a securerom disc check for the next game.

"
    What a load of malarkey.  The saves should be saved in the Bioware folder in My Documents whether you bought the game from Steam, EA, or retail.  Even if you change the game install location the save games does not change.
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By HitmanAgent47
    @Jiggah: I'm looking and it's not there. Mirrors edge is there under EA games, however not mass effect after I copied and pasted the game to another drive. Unless I can reverse engineer it by copying the save file to documents.  

I hope mass effect will give me the options to install it in anything else besides your default drive.
    Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Death_Unicorn

I don't know if this has been posted but whatever.

Carryover Details from ME1 to ME2

ME2 Dev at CES confirmed that there are 100 decisions that directly carryover into ME2, only 12 decisions did NOT carry over.

Mineral collection quest will carry over, again not in a story affecting way but it will increase the minerals you start with for ship upgrades.

Exp. How you "treat nassana will affect how the new biotic girl first reacts to you he told me."

Decisions from Mass Effect Galaxy that are made when registered to your EA Account  CONFIRMED to influence ME2

Level 60 Bonus translates into extra starting Credits, bonus also extends, but to a lesser degree, to levels 35 and 50, no futher clarification if those are the only bonuses

On ME1 DLC Decisions-> " Will Download decisions carry over.....Yes but not in a main storyline affecting way, for example if you let the terrorist batarian go he may return *grinned*"

FROM THE OXM ME2 REVIEW->
    1.Geth control the Dholen system
    2.Random colonists you saved will pop up
    3.Origin story and reputation follow if you imported your Shep. Along with paragon/renegade bonuses. Mineral bonuses, Money and Exp.
    4.Exp is giving through missions, not kills.

http://docs.google.com/View?id=dd78xshh_79hdw6ksgp

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Dany

I was about to post that but yes, it is larger then a few things.

I'm excited but also scared that characters from ME1, will just have one line where they remeber you and that would be it...

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By MrKlorox

Holy crap, I remember about half those events, and the choices for half of those things that I remember happening. I should abought this again cheap on Steam and replayed it so I'd finally have a PC save file. The damn problem is I'd have to re-sculpt my face in the editor.

I wish that damn editor or stats menu showed values for easy facial reconstruction.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Dany
    threeve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By threeve

I know I'm late to the party, but my biggest question is, If I have made an Adept with Assault Rifle or a Vanguard with Singularity for example (any character with extra ability from achievement unlock), will that be reflected in the imported character?

I'm thinking NOT, especially after watching the soldier video: "The soldier is the ONLY class that can use the assault rifle."

Haven't seen any info about this at all. 

essaregee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By essaregee
    @Dany: I wonder, will the weapons be ME1 style? I mean how you had 10 AR that look the same other than some minor color variations, or will there be a distinct weapon difference - i.e. one weapon was an AK the other was a G36.
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#73  Edited By citizenkane
    • Saved Ashley
    • Wrex lives
    • Let the Citadel Council die (they were just a bunch of wussies anyways)
    • Had sweet space sex with Ashley (she was just begging for my penis)
    • Destroyed the Rachni Queen
    • Told Conrad Verner to get lost.
    • Completed Asari Diplomacy
    • Returned Nirali Bhatia's body to her husband.

It will be interesting to see how it all turns out.
    belaraphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By belaraphon

ah, poop. i was so intent on running through the game to beat it on insanity i skipped everything except the main story missions. i hope this doesn't come back to bite me in the ass.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By penguindust

I would have thought that any of these, and specifically "UNC: Cerberus" would be brought over.   All of these missions involve Cerberus, who are featured in ME2, so understanding them would have impact of your impressions.

Also, there was a quest that ended with a conversation involving the Shadow Broker.  I know you could choose to "play ball" or not.  Unless, the guy (or group) isn't in the sequel, I'd have expected that to carry over to your new game, as well.
    essaregee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By essaregee
    @CitizenKane: Saved Ashley OR Kaiden, missed that part
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By citizenkane
    @essaregee: Kaiden was a feel-good pansy.  He deserved to die and nothing less.
    belaraphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By belaraphon
    @CitizenKane: there should have been an option to let them both be snuffed out. i didn't care for kaiden all that much but ashley was a narrow minded space nazi!
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By citizenkane
    @belaraphon: She may be a jingoistic bigot, damn that ass was fine.
    belaraphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By belaraphon
    @CitizenKane: haha, maybe! but liara was equally sexy! and blue to boot!
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By citizenkane
    @belaraphon: Meh, I didn't care much for her.  To each his own, I guess.
    essaregee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By essaregee
    @CitizenKane: Well what if your female Sheppart was not into.... Asari.... What then?
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By citizenkane
    @essaregee said:

" @CitizenKane: Well what if your female Sheppart was not into.... Asari.... What then? "

They should have had a love option with Ashley.  Fox News would have loved that*.

*As would I
    Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Andorski
    @PenguinDust said:
    " I would have thought that any of these, and specifically "UNC: Cerberus" would be brought over.   All of these missions involve Cerberus, who are featured in ME2, so understanding them would have impact of your impressions.
    Bioware said that one of the things you couldn't change was your back story (colonist, war hero, etc.), and those choices select which UNC mission you get.  So while it isn't listed in the choices that are carried over, the fact that you cannot change your back story might mean those missions will have some effect on your story in ME2.
    wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

I let the Rachni queen live so I'm kinda excited to see how that pans out. This game has me so giddy. Yeah the gameplay looks fantastic and I'm definitely ready for more, but I am mostly ready for for story as that's what totally grabbed me the first time I loaded up ME1. Also I hope the codex voice dude returns. I could listen to that voice read me stuff all day!

threeve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By threeve
    @CitizenKane said:
    " @essaregee said:

" @CitizenKane: Well what if your female Sheppart was not into.... Asari.... What then? "

They should have had a love option with Ashley.  Fox News would have loved that*.

*As would I "
    They did.  Play it again!
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By citizenkane
    @threeve said:

" @CitizenKane said:

" @essaregee said:

*As would I "
    They did.  Play it again! "
    I thought you couldn't have a love story with Ashley if Shepard is female?
    essaregee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By essaregee
    @CitizenKane said:
    " @threeve said:

" @CitizenKane said:

" @essaregee said:

*As would I "
    They did.  Play it again! "
    I thought you couldn't have a love story with Ashley if Shepard is female? "
    You can't. However this game needs to be equal, therefore there should be an option to do it with Ashley, Kaiden, Liara , Joker, Wrex, Garrus, Tali, hell even Anderson and Udina (and maybe, just maybe Saren as well). This game needs more romance choices.
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By citizenkane
    @essaregee: A video game romance story with Seth Green would be awkward to me.  I just don't trust short people.
    essaregee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By essaregee
    @CitizenKane: And his alter ego - Cripples aka Joker. 
    Imagine this plot. While having a 'romantic encounter' with Joker, you break both his legs and he is unable to pilot the Normandy and Bam! End of the game right there because the Normandy crashes into the Citadel. 
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
    deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I might just play ME2 from scratch. If all that is carried over are your choices, and you get to choose them at the start anyway, I'll do that. I made terrible choices on my last play through.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#92  Edited By mordukai
    @zudthespud said:
    " I might just play ME2 from scratch. If all that is carried over are your choices, and you get to choose them at the start anyway, I'll do that. I made terrible choices on my last play through. "
    I know that Bioware has stated in the past that if you import a character you'll get a bonus (though what it is I don't know) and the higher the level of you character the greater the bonus is. 
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#93  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @zudthespud said:
    " I might just play ME2 from scratch. If all that is carried over are your choices, and you get to choose them at the start anyway, I'll do that. I made terrible choices on my last play through. "
    It has been stated that you can only change some of the default choices, majority you cannot change if you start from scratch in ME2.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in europe so when I get the game it will be 3 days after the US so I will know what I can or cannot do by the time I get it. Thanks.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @zudthespud said:

You get to answer some questions at the begining, but this only decides a few of the choices.  For example, if you're starting a new character in ME2 the council and Wrex are always dead, there's no option to change these things.

It's also worth pointing out that the list posted by Mordukai on the first page is incomplete and in actual fact almost every choice made from the first game will carry over to some degree, including smaller dialogue options and the fate of a few bit characters like that old woman that wanted you to wipe out her gang rivals so that she could take over.

@Mordukai said:
    I know that Bioware has stated in the past that if you import a character you'll get a bonus (though what it is I don't know) and the higher the level of you character the greater the bonus is.  "
    You get stat bonuses for your character being level 40, 50 or 60. So having a level 60 obviously gives you the most bonuses.  You also start off with extra money and minerals, allowing you to craft some better equipment early on, so that it doesn't feel like your level 60 Shepard from the first game is starting again completely from scratch..

Zaapp1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#96  Edited By Zaapp1

Verner, really?  I assume the actual list is probably a bit longer than this one, with all the possibilities being what they are.  It's nice to see that us level 60s will at least be acknowledged...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WinterSnowblind: Thanks for the info. On my last play through I killed Wrex and the Council, so I might power play it over the next week to save Wrex.  

Any idea whether you can change you character's appearance? My Shepard looks like Moe from the Simpsons but ripped.
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @zudthespud said:
    " @WinterSnowblind: Thanks for the info. On my last play through I killed Wrex and the Council, so I might power play it over the next week to save Wrex.   Any idea whether you can change you character's appearance? My Shepard looks like Moe from the Simpsons but ripped. "
    Yeah, you definitely get to re-edit your character if you want (although you can't change gender) but I'm not sure if there's any new facial options at all, or if it's exactly the same system from the first.  I'm hoping for a few new hairstyles at the very least..

@Zaapp1 said:
    " Verner, really?  I assume the actual list is probably a bit longer than this one, with all the possibilities being what they are.  It's nice to see that us level 60s will at least be acknowledged... "

Like I said, that list is definitely incomplete.  The reason Conrad Verner is carried over because all of the side quest options are   :)
    Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, so the dude on the Bombcast did say you get to pick your story if you don't have a save, right?  I have ME1 on PC, but my PC won't run ME2, so I'll have to go it on Xbox.  I would hate for the game just to make the decisions for me.

amrose2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By amrose2
    @xobballox said:
    " Ok, so the dude on the Bombcast did say you get to pick your story if you don't have a save, right?  I have ME1 on PC, but my PC won't run ME2, so I'll have to go it on Xbox.  I would hate for the game just to make the decisions for me. "
    I thought this as well. Unfortunately, this isn't the case. There are alot of things you don't get to change if you start a fresh ME2 game. Honestly though, how do you know your PC won't run ME2? It's the same game engine as the first one. You can turn down the graphics options pretty drastically.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.