New Achievements Added to Mass Effect

#1 Posted by Bass (692 posts) -

I was just browsing through my achievements for Mass Effect since I have been finally playing through it the past few days here, and I noticed the achievement cap jumped from 1050 to 1200. So I'm guessing this is confirmation that the newest DLC for Mass Effect is soon on the way.  
Here are the achievements:  
Undisputed - Complete Ahern's survival mission  - 50 pts.
New Sheriff in Town - Take first place in any combat scenario on Pinnacle Station - 50 pts.
Best of the Best - Take first place in 12 combat scenarios on Pinnacle Station - 50 pts.

#2 Posted by ivaj (17 posts) -

Finally! Hopefully this is just a month away.

#3 Posted by One2three14 (14 posts) -

Awesome, I'd love some new Mass Effect content.

#4 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

Yeah, I saw this. That is crazy!! I did not realize they were still making more DLC for the game but I guess they are. It is pretty awesome because I have not played that game in a long time and I wouldn't mind playing it again.

#5 Posted by Aas (603 posts) -

Two years after it came out? Weird.

#6 Posted by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -
@Aas said:
" Two years after it came out? Weird. "
they are just trying to get in the news to promote mass effect 2. I hope its free for PC like last time.
#7 Posted by Bubahula (2197 posts) -

sweet, seems like there will be some ort of arena?
#8 Posted by ivaj (17 posts) -
@crusader8463 said:
" @Aas said:
" Two years after it came out? Weird. "
they are just trying to get in the news to promote mass effect 2. I hope its free for PC like last time. "
it could be that they are also maybe trying to bridge the two stories together even more.  Either way, awesome news!
#9 Posted by mracoon (4971 posts) -

Perfect timing. I'm nearing the end of my second playthrough (trying to get to 60 but most of the side missions are so repetitive) and this would really make it more interesting.

#10 Edited by Ninja (534 posts) -
@mracoon said:

" Perfect timing. I'm nearing the end of my second playthrough (trying to get to 60 but most of the side missions are so repetitive) and this would really make it more interesting. "

I've done all the side missions on my second playthrough and just about to steal the normandy back, think il need this DLC if I want to reach level 60 in this playthrough, so I'm quite happy.

Edit: Is it just me or do these combat scenarios mean infinate XP?
#11 Posted by Morter21 (8 posts) -

thank u the gods have answered us, i compleated the game a while ago and trying to make a new character for me2 for the carry over. i cant wait hopfully this will get me back into mass effect b4 me2 comes out 
now the question is how much do u think i will cost and when its gona come out,
#12 Posted by Bigandtasty (3203 posts) -

woooo mass effect

#13 Posted by TerraDelu (501 posts) -

This is great timing for me! I just kind of missed Mass Effect for some reason, but saw it on Games On Demand, looked at the $30 price tag, drove to Best Buy, got it for $20, and have been playing the SHIT out of it since. I have been grinding through though, stopping at every planet in every system and getting the minerals, artifacts, and side missions along the way. ANYwhoo, this is rad.

#14 Posted by mzuckerm (351 posts) -

This may be enough to get me to complete my 4th playthrough.

#15 Posted by ivaj (17 posts) -

the theme is now out on marketplace.  Pretty sweet.

#16 Posted by natetodamax (19206 posts) -

Cool!

#17 Posted by Chaser324 (6544 posts) -

I just noticed that yesterday when I was trying to figure out how the hell I only have a B on that game when I've played through three times, beaten it on Hardcore and Insane, and leveled up to 60.

#18 Posted by Gunner612 (4338 posts) -

Crap, now im going to have to install mass effect again and play through it for the 5th time.

#19 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11737 posts) -

Am I the only person who has finished Mass Effect once? The thought of doing the long beginning and the repetitive side quests over again really put a damper on my enthusiasm for that game. But I will probably beat it again anyways because Mass Effect 2 is coming out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.