Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mirror's Edge

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 11, 2008

In a futuristic totalitarian dystopia, a master courier (in a group of renegade "runners") investigates a conspiracy, while outrunning the deadly government military, in this parkour-inspired first-person action game.

demo tips (from me)

mugugipan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mugugipan

I feel like I have mastered the controls and gameplay, so I taught I might give some tips. See what other people have to add to my technique.

1st and foremost reduce the brightness and contrast 3 notches down (both of them 3 notches each).

2nd switch the trigger configurations, I think its called switch trigger in the menu screan.

3rd go through the training. Dont pay too much mind to the wall jump where you have to turn around.

4th anytime you jump and are expecting to hit the ground, tilt the view only slightly down. Practice rolling and this will make all the difference.

lastly when approaching a cop count to 2 seconds, real quick like, and on the second second press the y button. I nearly disarmed all the dispatchers. Wicked cool.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By get2sammyb

The brightness and contrast tip is very subjective to peoples TV/setup.

I wouldn't suggest tilting down before executing a roll because you may lose momentum looking back up, particularly if you need to follow up the roll with another move. But hey, if it works for you!

ltcoljaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By ltcoljaxson

Most of this is just personal preference.

But yeah, I only look down a bit to do a roll just so I can see where I am landing. And also, as the demo lets you know - you can slow down time when you are disarming an enemy so you can see the red flash to press the button again.

Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx

how to unlock the  extras??

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
    Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "how to unlock the  extras??"
    What extras? The time trial level? You have to preorder the game to get a code to get that.
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Vinchenzo

The best demo tip: turn on the leaderboard's best ghosts. Watch what they do and you are guarenteed to find the optimal path to shave time off of your record.

Avatar image for deactivated-590e87b419de4
    deactivated-590e87b419de4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I read that the preorder code was good 5 times ? any truth in that ?

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By Driadon

The only thing I have to remember is that I need to push a button to breakfall. I got used to games doing that for me automatically that I have to retrain my brain.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By oraknabo

I have to agree on changing the control scheme. To me, the left bumper should be the least used button since you're already using your left thumb to do most of the moving around. The default scheme makes it the most commonly used button and leaves your right hand doing very little except waiting for an occasional

The first time I tried the demo, I really didn't like the controls much, but since, I tried the "shoulder swap" scheme, I've replayed it about 10 times and enjoyed every second.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.