Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

One man army + grenade launchers= new ultra class?

• 82 results
    Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

This has been happening for a while. A friend of mine figured it out a few days after he originally unlocked One Man Army.

lolgreg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By lolgreg

Thanks for spreading the word about this, I'll make a class like this when I get the chance.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By Rowr
    @SeriouslyNow said:
    " @Rowr said:
    " @SeriouslyNow said:
    " @Rowr said:
    " @immike said:
    " @SeriouslyNow said:
    " @Rowr said:

" I love the way this game is talked about like a sport, and everyone freaks the fuck out everytime something like this is discovered. Its a video game, chill the fuck out. "

When a game is rushed to release and it's main longevity feature, multiplayer, is untested along with a whole new matchmaking interface which denies the use of mods and privater servers, IWnet, which also presents issues you can be sure that these issues could have been negated and avoided with some public beta testing.  That IW and Activision saw fit to skip this valuable process indicates that they see their customers as beta testers to some degree.  That's just plain insulting and has nothing whatsoever to do with people freaking out.  It has to do with lack of respect for your own product and the customers who purchase it. "
    I fully agree with this statement. Good job. "
    Heres an idea.  Dont play it? I think your freaking out, just a little. "
    What you think and what's really happening are two entirely disparate realities. "
    I think reality is what you need to sync up with. This is a video game, nothing more. If you have issues with it or the people who made it, dont play it. You seem overly invested. "
    Every time you respond in this manner you make it clear that you are the one who seems deeply invested in this game.  I made an observation and I don't think it was directed at you, nor did it involve you.  If you don't agree with my point of view I'm ok with that so just leave it at that. "
    You made an observation after quoting my post. It wasnt directed or involves me? Anyway. Whatever.
    ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
    @NinjaCupCaiks said:
    " @Hamz said:
    "  I expected more from IW, I really did. "

Quite literally took the words out of my mouth there .
    "
    Well...I say this to both of you. 

That was your first problem!
    immike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55  Edited By immike

lol this thread is getting a little out of control. I'll refrain from posting any more in this thread. The game is not worth fighting over...

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#56  Edited By gla55jAw

I've been playing this class since I saw your post this morning. It's okay. I use it when playing a team of noob toobers. I've gone positive when using it, but I havn't gone as crazy as you were talking about. It doesn't need to be fixed, it's not a glitch. I actually had some fun with it.
    Avatar image for aestheticsynthesis
    AestheticSynthesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is the reply button broken or something?  

I only used One Man Army to switch out of my Killstreak Killer class. This strategy doesn't interest me at all.
    Hannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Hannibal

I'm running around with this class every so often now. It's pretty good though he overstates how powerful it is by a lot. It's also pretty much useless on some maps.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @Daryl said:
    " I don't think COD MP will ever be balanced.  "
    the only way to will be balanced is if everyone has the same gun and perks . And they take the auto aim off ....so basiclly made like Halo
    jinpachistar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By jinpachistar
    @Ferros: With Scavenger, you'd have to run out into the open to the people you just killed, increasing the chance that you'd get killed yourself.

With One Man Army, you can hide and quickly change classes.
    WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#61  Edited By WickedCestus
    @immike said:
    " @Rowr: I'm not sure why everyone is quoting me saying that I am out of touch with reality lol. I simply stated my opinion on another individual's opinion. You guys are being a little weird lol. I didn't express any direct hatred towards the game at all. "
    They're not talking about you, idiot (using lol that much has proved that you are one). They are talking about the guy you quoted. They wouldn't get mad at someone for saying "I agree.".
    immike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By immike
    @supermike6 said:
    " @immike said:
    " @Rowr: I'm not sure why everyone is quoting me saying that I am out of touch with reality lol. I simply stated my opinion on another individual's opinion. You guys are being a little weird lol. I didn't express any direct hatred towards the game at all. "
    They're not talking about you, idiot (using lol that much has proved that you are one). They are talking about the guy you quoted. They wouldn't get mad at someone for saying "I agree.". "
    Idiot? What's wrong with you dude? Go take out your childish anger on someone with a similarly low IQ such as yourself. Thanks.
    WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#63  Edited By WickedCestus
    @immike:
    I have "childish anger" and a low IQ because I called you an idiot? I assumed you would have heard worse having played MW2. I was just answering your question.
    Moridin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Moridin

I use OMA in my stealth class. Silenced SCAR-H and C4/Claymore. Haha. Never though about using it like this, and I'm not going to now.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#65  Edited By natetodamax
    @Rowr said:
    " I love the way this game is talked about like a sport, and everyone freaks the fuck out everytime something like this is discovered. Its a video game, chill the fuck out. "
    People are paying $60+ for this game. They expect it to work properly.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
    deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@natetodamax said:
    " @Rowr said:
    People are paying $60+ for this game. They expect it to work properly. "
    But IW don't have any responsibilty to make it work properly. They can bitch all they want but IW don't need to fix anything, no matter how broken it is. If enough people stop playing it then maybe IW will notice but as it is it's still the most played game by miles. Seriously, IW owes anyone who bought the game nothing. I don't know why people think they do.
    Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Rowr
    @zudthespud said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    " @Rowr said:
    People are paying $60+ for this game. They expect it to work properly. "
    But IW don't have any responsibilty to make it work properly. They can bitch all they want but IW don't need to fix anything, no matter how broken it is. If enough people stop playing it then maybe IW will notice but as it is it's still the most played game by miles. Seriously, IW owes anyone who bought the game nothing. I don't know why people think they do. "
    Theres definitely some sort of mentality that people are owed. I think its just the size of the game. I'm positive you have all had your 60 dollars worth, quite acting like you were short changed people. The game didnt ship flat out broken, theres a little bit of exploitation SO WHAT, you get this in practically every shooter released. When you have such huge amounts of people playing this game so religiously, this is what you get. I can hardly see a beta making that much difference, when issues are only surfacing a month in with the millions that are playing.
    evanbrau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By evanbrau

Oh god, this thread has gone insane, what have I done etc etc.

Didn't see this until recently so I thought it was a new thing. I think that it isn't shows that the guy in the video is probably wrong, I watched it again and the fact he knows how to use the grenade launcher combined with his killstreaks probably makes this class seem way more dangerous than it actually is. I've noticed people using more but if they aren't good with the grenade launcher then they aren't going to do well.

One positive thing about it is that its shown me that OMA is an insanely useful class aside from this.

jack_daniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By jack_daniels
    @Jiquk said:

" The guy in the video is annoying as shit but i agree this is a problem. "

I don't really think he is annoying. I find his commentary pretty honest. Just think how much worse it could be.

EDIT: Just tried it. Works really well. I got 24-2. Chopper gunner all the way. Although it doesnt work as well in wide open maps like trainwreck.
    Butchio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Butchio

this is the reasons i dont play mw2 anymore. too many people glitching/cheating and then the other extreme where too many people take it wayyyyy to serious. It not fun anymore, IW has created a monster. I believe IW think they are better than they actually are, they thought they could create a perfect game and therefore didnt need a beta, the were wrong.

Obviously with so many people playing the game, glitches will be found, but the amount of glitches has been totally unacceptable. People are essentially paying for a product that has a lot of faults, but as gamers we tend to do that (example: Xbox 360) My main problem isnt the actual glitches, its the players that abuse them to gain an advantage. The javelin glitch so far has been the most serious glitch and was used by one if not a couple of people in every game. Akimbo 1887's were a problem but they were not a glitch.

I think IW has messed up MW2 completley with its over the top SP and its part broken multiplayer. The main base of fans in the cod franchise are back playing mw1/waw or like myself arent playing a cod game at all. This game involves a lot of cheating by a lot of players (example: nuke boosting) and it has completley ruined the experience for all the honest players who wanted to play it.

This new ultra class isnt a glitch or cheating , but it is cheap. I could only imagine how infuriating this is for players on the receiving end of it and it can only make them people either use the class and annoy more people with it or make them stop playing the game. Either way the real losers are the players and IW couldnt care less because guess what? They already have your money

Butchio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Butchio
    @TomA said:
    "and while they're at it, fire that fucker Robert Bowling. "
    Also, this is the greatest line ever.
    I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#72  Edited By I_smell

7 minutes 40: "This is retarted!"

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By CornontheCobbe
    @Jack_Daniels said:
    " @Jiquk said:

" The guy in the video is annoying as shit but i agree this is a problem. "

I don't really think he is annoying. I find his commentary pretty honest. Just think how much worse it could be.  EDIT: Just tried it. Works really well. I got 24-2. Chopper gunner all the way. Although it doesnt work as well in wide open maps like trainwreck. "
    Haha Trainwreck ;) Derail maybe?...

But yeah man it does work really well indeed. 24-2 is fairly impressive! What other perks did you use with it?
    iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By iam3green

there is another glitch kind of like this. just use scavenger perk and u can get unlimited ammo. it is kind of cool glitch though.

najaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#75  Edited By najaf

It is not an end all, be all, class. The players he was facing were terrible and his team was dominating despite the kill streaks. One, its call a stinger, and you point the tube at the plane that is murdering everyone and it goes down. Next, the airport map is one of the few were nube tubes are that affective because there are relatively narrow 'hallways' and people cluster up. 

Yes, the spawning is a bit hectic, but he is playing ground war which is pushing the limits of appropriate numbers of players in these maps. The game type is made for grenade spam and danger close. 

I see the point the guy is trying to make with 'unlimited grenades'. Still, I've ran into plenty of players doing this and it is easily countered by some teamwork, stingers, sprinters, and flash grenades.

Rehehelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Rehehelly
    @Najaf said:
    " It is not an end all, be all, class. The players he was facing were terrible and his team was dominating despite the kill streaks. One, its call a stinger, and you point the tube at the plane that is murdering everyone and it goes down.  "
    I agree the other team was bad, however when there is only one flag under their control the enemy team spawns near it (if i remember correctly) and therefore with dangerclose and chopper gunner he didn't even need to aim AT the people, just shoot into the room and up goes his kills again.  

This is just another reason why I won't be buying MW2. 
    Avatar image for deactivated-594edfbbc45ca
    deactivated-594edfbbc45ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turbomonkey138 said:
     And they take the auto aim off ....so basiclly made like Halo "

Halo has auto aim, thats why it's easier to kill enemies than say betray teammates as the auto aim doesn't lock onto them.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#78  Edited By jakob187

This isn't a problem.  The other team is just retarded for never killing the guy. 

I mean, hell, I did this with a Vector last night: 

Team Deathmatch.  I'm the 31 - 8.
     Team Deathmatch.  I'm the 31 - 8.

Did that consistently for about 10 matches last night before I decided it was unfair for me to be killing the shit out of noobs. 

Hell, I have a Danger Close kit with One Man Army.  Sometimes, a match has a ton of kills.  Sometimes, it doesn't because the other team isn't retarded.  It doesn't matter. 

Also, this dood needs to learn the definition of "decimate".  It means to cut down by a tenth.  I think the whole of mankind needs to learn the meaning of that damn word.  DEVASTATE, that's the one you are looking for.
    stealthdf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By stealthdf2

umm whats to keep him from getting shot in the back? he is acting like this kit makes him invincible. i dont see this working on maps that are more wide open. but props to the video maker for spreading the word to the masses, if it wasnt a problem before it will be now.
    WildFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#80  Edited By WildFire

Win

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#81  Edited By Griddler

Yeah I don't really like Wings of Redemption either, I'm subscribed because he as good tips though

And this is a powerful class, I got a 29 killstreak with this in my first game using it., that's my highest so far btw.

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#82  Edited By dethfish

People have been doing this a lot lately. It's really annoying.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.