Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monster Hunter Tri

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Apr 20, 2010

The first third-generation Monster Hunter game, Monster Hunter 3 (tri) represents a reboot to the franchise, with dozens of new monsters, items, weapons, and underwater combat.

Monster Hunter Tri - Updated visuals

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By demontium

SO it seems they are pushing Wii's hardware to maximum power. 

More to come 

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Willy105

Definitely not the best looking game on the Wii. I'm guessing it looks best in motion.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Al3xand3r

Updated from what? It looks the same as before to me. I mean, the game's released already in Japan and we have a ton of screens and videos from that version (man some of the bosses are insanely gigantic, seriously). It won't really change. Unless they added some new lighting or something which wouldn't show in screens. Anyway, those are far from the best screens, and I doubt the game fully exploits the Wii, considering the small chunks of areas and how it's optimised for network play which probably affected it in both visuals and size to ensure optimal performance. If they really wanted to push it they could have tried dynamic shadows and a streaming world or something, but this setup works well for the fans.

Though it's definitely a good step up from the PS2 games. These show the visuals better (any of the blinking buttons). Sweet monster animations.

jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By jimi

It looks like monster hunter. Do you like the way monster hunter looks? Well then you are gonna like this.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By demontium
    @Al3xand3r: I am trusting IGN in their news post that these set of images are "updated" 
    PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By PufferFiz

Updated? you mean capcom increased the bloom levels.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By demontium
    @PufferFiz: Thats still an upda- 

look IGN thinks this is news. 

I think the visuals look good, whether it is an update or not.
    raviolisumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By raviolisumo

The probably just touched up the bloom in an editor. It's well known that many companies have artists that exist solely to "touch up" screen shots. That may be the case here.

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By PufferFiz
    @demontium said:
    " @PufferFiz: Thats still an upda-  look IGN thinks this is news.  I think the visuals look good, whether it is an update or not. "
    I know I am just messing with you. I do think it looks ok. Not really what I wanted from a next gen monster hunter game, but it will do.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By demontium
    @PufferFiz said:
    " @demontium said:
    " @PufferFiz: Thats still an upda-  look IGN thinks this is news.  I think the visuals look good, whether it is an update or not. "
    I know I am just messing with you. I do think it looks ok. Not really what I wanted from a next gen monster hunter game, but it will do. "
    Its the gameplay that matters.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Al3xand3r

CAPCOM is just releasing images to get the game in the news and slowly start promoting the US version. Nothing about them is updated visually.

Trust your eyes, not IGN.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Meowayne

The bloom! It hurts my eyes!

Apart from the weird lighting, it doesn't seem different from what I played in the demo.

However, Monster Hunters Tri's "brilliant" graphics are very much less impressive when you take into consideration that the game world is broken up into very small pieces (with a loading time each) and that of what you see, only about 20% is accessible.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Al3xand3r

Yep, that's why I said if they wanted to push the Wii they would have made the world streaming instead. It should be doable with a little optimisation anyway, as loading is only a few seconds per area. Perhaps still keeping the "rooms" but intersected with still playable loading zones, corridors, paths, etc, (which can still have gameplay elements to them, like mining etc, or monsters able to follow you there) that don't break up gameplay. Still, that's the format fans have come to enjoy and I guess it could be too much work to adjust the fleeing of certain monsters to use the continuous world and other such elements if development began like that. Of course even their PC Monster Hunter Frontier didn't have any such changes. And looks worse now in everything but the possible resolution of course. Tri is a good step up in geometry, animations and texture detail.

I can't wait personally, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite hooked me despite the impossible camera control, though I play my PSP less and less.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SeriouslyNow

Looks like bullshots to me, Rockstar style. The Wii can't do that type of radiosity lighting can it?

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Meowayne

Yeah, it can. Darkside Chronicles did it.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Al3xand3r
    @SeriouslyNow said:

" Looks like bullshots to me, Rockstar style. The Wii can't do that type of radiosity lighting can it? "

Watch the videos in the link I gave in my first comment then. It's just bloom style effects. Any visual effect that uses new technology can be replicated in some form on hardware it's normally impossible for if the programmers are clever enough. See Shadow of the Colossus on the PlayStation 2 with its self shadowing, stencil shadows, high dynamic range style lighting, and fur shader-like effects. It's all "faked" in a sense, but has a similar result. This is nothing that spectacular in comparison to that achievement, though at least this game has a smooth frame rate on top.
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @Al3xand3r: 

Yeah I see what you mean.  In motion it's definitely bloom and pallete shifting.  Looks awesome nonetheless.
    fuzzyponken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By fuzzyponken

How big is this game, really? From the videos and screenshots and the variety going on there it looks like a massive world, but I'm guessing it's not? 
    Gotta give it to the trailer guys for Monster Hunter Tri; everything I've seen of this game has made me drool with excitement...but I fear I'm setting myself up for disappointment. 

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Al3xand3r

The world is not continuous like a Zelda game or anything. It's set up similar to Phantasy Star Online since you haven't played MH. You have the city area which is your hub, then you pick quests to do and instantly transfer to the related area upon your exit from the village. There are basically different large areas with different themes so a quest may be in the desert, the jungle, snowy areas, etc. Different paths and spaces may be open for different quests in the same area. They're pretty large themselves though, but you learn them like the back of your hand pretty fast, then focus on the quests at hand. The main quests are to hunt specific monsters which supposedly cause troubles to the village. But to do that you most often need to do other types of quests first to prepare for the hunt. Gathering quests to explore areas and find items you need to combine them and craft potions, traps, and other useful things. The monsters themselves provide items most often needed to craft new weapons and armor as that's the only way to better your character, you don't level up. The item progression is insanely deep, MMO style, and the fighting is very technical and tough as you need to learn the monsters' attacks and movement patterns really well, as well as your own skillset (which differs per weapon type) to properly avoid taking damage. It's really cool and unique gameplay I haven't experienced in other franchises in anything but superficial similarities. At first it's simple enough then quests start getting tougher and more complex like taking out more than a single large monster in an area, or needing to get items that break if you drop them so trying hard to evade enemies in the area, etc. You find yourself preparing really well beforehand, taking the right items with you, buffing your character with the right food, using the proper equipment which enables different statistics, resistances, and skills, etc, as most of that can't be changed mid-quest. It's certainly more varied and involving than the simple "hunt monsters" theme implies at first glance.

I've written more about the franchise's gameplay in this thread and this thread (in some comments at least), if you want to find out more about it just ask, in a private message, I don't wanna keep bumping this thread as it doesn't do the game justice at all...

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By ToxicFruit
    @PufferFiz said:
    " Updated? you mean capcom increased the bloom levels. "
    exactly what I was going to say.
    Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#21  Edited By Driadon
    @Al3xand3r: I agree, games like Silent Hill Shattered Memories proved that near seamless loading of some very technically impressive and large areas on the Wii is more than possible. Oh well, in the end I guess I won't care much; it's more freakin' Monster Hunter.
    rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By rallier
    @Driadon: The real odd thing is that it are 2 second and less loading times we are talking about, I really wonder why they did not try and use some corridors to mask the loading.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Al3xand3r

Probably because the engine is the old one updated to superficially use the Wii's extra power for better lighting, textures, geometry etc alone, so its base wasn't made for streaming, even if a new Wii specific engine could in theory offer that. Maybe next time, though even the PC game is like that. Anyway, you learn to live with it, and in the end, its playability is probably better like this, as a long corridor would take more to traverse than the direct appearance to the other side of the loading zone. When a monster flees you just traverse a couple rooms and "jump through" their loading zones and reach it, as opposed to manually chasing it through the whole map. It's hard to explain if someone hasn't played the games. Though they could/should at least hide the loading with a fading out visual effect rather than the jarring loading screen... Oh well, still awesome.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By demontium

I guess I failed. 

LOCK IT UP

coonana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By coonana
    @PufferFiz said:
    " @demontium said:
    I know I am just messing with you. I do think it looks ok. Not really what I wanted from a next gen monster hunter game, but it will do. "

Say what you want but the visuals are some of the best the Wii has to offer.
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By turbomonkey138

Looks shiny ...like they have something to hide ..

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By demontium
    @coonana said:
    " @PufferFiz said:
    " @demontium said:
    Say what you want but the visuals are some of the best the Wii has to offer. "
      There are much better looking games on Wii.  

and others.
    coonana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By coonana

and it circles again and makes no difference again.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By demontium
    @coonana said:
    " and it circles again and makes no difference again. "
    X + D = My face. 

That is nothing substantial. I give you two videos of games that are WAY beyond MHT's graphics, and then you say I am chasing my tail.
    Hermine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Hermine

I've played a fair amount of the Japanese version and it looks the same. Still looks great but it looks better in motion.

This thread not being in the Monster Hunter Tri forums confused the hell out of me. 

coonana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By coonana
    @demontium said:
    " @coonana said:
    X + D = My face.  That is nothing substantial. I give you two videos of games that are WAY beyond MHT's graphics, and then you say I am chasing my tail. "

*sigh* and you do it again...
    No I am saying it does not change the fact that MHTri still looks very good.  Its like saying LoZ:TP has bad graphics because SMG has much better graphics. They both look better than most Wii games. Not to mention MHTri is already commonly considered as outperforming LoZ:TP in the graphics department overall.

On top of that mess you made, they do not look way better. Its a complete overexaggeration and they are not even comparable to MHTri because they are completely different in artsyles.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By demontium
    @coonana said:
    " @demontium said:
    " @coonana said:
    X + D = My face.  That is nothing substantial. I give you two videos of games that are WAY beyond MHT's graphics, and then you say I am chasing my tail. "
    *sigh* and you do it again...No I am saying it does not change the fact that MHTri still looks very good.  Its like saying LoZ:TP has bad graphics because SMG has much better graphics. They both look better than most Wii games. Not to mention MHTri is already commonly considered as outperforming LoZ:TP in the graphics department overall. On top of that mess you made, they do not look way better. Its a complete overexaggeration and they are not even comparable to MHTri because they are completely different in artsyles. "
    It looks okay *looks back at the screens*... Ya it doesn't look amazing. It has some shiny effects, but the textures are really blury and undetailed. 

You should know that LoZ:TP is running off GCN specs, so beating TP is no accomplishment, especially since I like TP's artstyle more anyways (which tends to be the high graphical point on Wii). 

Really? Go back and look at TvC one more time and tell me that game looks better. Sure they are different artstyles, as they should be. TvC and SMG2 just look beautiful, and MHT looks really muddy.... 

Can anyone back me up on this? I feel like I am going in circles since this argument is so simple.... @oldschool: 's opinion would be nice since he is one of the Wii aficionados here. 
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33  Edited By Willy105

Monster Hunter 3 pales in comparison to Sonic and the Black Knight. That's the game to beat, not Zelda TP.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By demontium
    @Willy105: Exactly. 

Beating a GCN game doesn't get you any awards. An thank you for backing me up.  
    coonana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By coonana
    @demontium said:
    " @coonana said:
    " @demontium said:
    " @coonana said:
    *sigh* and you do it again...No I am saying it does not change the fact that MHTri still looks very good.  Its like saying LoZ:TP has bad graphics because SMG has much better graphics. They both look better than most Wii games. Not to mention MHTri is already commonly considered as outperforming LoZ:TP in the graphics department overall. On top of that mess you made, they do not look way better. Its a complete overexaggeration and they are not even comparable to MHTri because they are completely different in artsyles. "
    It looks okay *looks back at the screens*... Ya it doesn't look amazing. It has some shiny effects, but the textures are really blury and undetailed. 

You should know that LoZ:TP is running off GCN specs, so beating TP is no accomplishment, especially since I like TP's artstyle more anyways (which tends to be the high graphical point on Wii). 

Really? Go back and look at TvC one more time and tell me that game looks better. Sure they are different artstyles, as they should be. TvC and SMG2 just look beautiful, and MHT looks really muddy.... 

Can anyone back me up on this? I feel like I am going in circles since this argument is so simple.... @oldschool: 's opinion would be nice since he is one of the Wii aficionados here.  "

TP is still one opf the best looking Wii games.

coonana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By coonana

If TP is one of the best looking Wii games and MHTri beats then what does that say about MHTri?
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By demontium
    @coonana said:

" If TP is one of the best looking Wii games and MHTri beats then what does that say about MHTri? "

Tp isnt even close to one of the best looking Wii games... I do not see your justification for that. 

It has some nice bloom and maybe 3 variations on the color brown and black in like every area. Beautiful for a GCN, standard for a Wii.

Best screen I could find. Water effects are basic. Detail is nice. 

@turbomonkey138

said: 

" Looks shiny ...like they have something to hide .. "

abusing the bloom effect again and again if you look in the background. Muddy textures and little variation on the color pallete like TP, but yes it does look better than a GCN game. 

Looks much better eh? Nice shading and brushed-bloom. No mud effects to hide the good detail like TP. 

A lot of rending in both the foreground and background. Multiple artstyles colliding together as well.  

Aside from some regurgitated textures and gray hallways, it has some amazing moments like these. Sharp detail while upholding a steady Framerate. 

Smooth, slick, and bright. Lots of background rendering. Looks beautiful. 

Lots of stuff on screen and no framerate hits. Beautiful character models, sharp detail and smooth animation. 

A little bit of color variation would do this game better at certain areas, like the caverns and byrron and such. Other than that every thing looks amazing. 

------------------------------------------ 

I could go on but you see my point: MHT is only better than TP, and maybe MP3 because its outdated (even though MP3's artstyle is more pleasing to me). 

Outdoing a 3 year old game and a GCN game doesn't help its position very much. 

-All of these are from IGN and thus are judged equally-
    coonana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By coonana

Ok so you do not agree with the subtilties  of how they allocate thier effects, but the tech is still at the top of the Wii game lists and so is LoZ:TP whether you like it or not. You may not like their artstyles in which they render these visuals but the games are still doing it better than 90% of the horrible looking games on Wii. MP3 is better competition but MHTri beats TP (still a beautiful game that competed with the likes of Oblivion). And MHTri does this with a more realistic artstyle not to mention connected online, with huge environments and sharp textures. 

Again you may not like the artstyle but it is pushing the technical side much harder than most Wii games. It was an excellent way for Capcom to get a more active audience in Japan. I do not think it will be as effective here.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By demontium
    @coonana said:
    " Ok so you do not agree with the subtilties  of how they allocate thier effects, but the tech is still at the top of the Wii game lists and so is LoZ:TP whether you like it or not. You may not like their artstyles in which they render these visuals but the games are still doing it better than 90% of the horrible looking games on Wii. MP3 is better competition but MHTri beats TP (still a beautiful game that competed with the likes of Oblivion). And MHTri does this with a more realistic artstyle not to mention connected online, with huge environments and sharp textures.  Again you may not like the artstyle but it is pushing the technical side much harder than most Wii games. It was an excellent way for Capcom to get a more active audience in Japan. I do not think it will be as effective here. "
    One thing you should know is great tech =/= great visuals. 

Its all about how it is executed.  

Its not that I do not like the artstyle, its that the artstyle is not original or pleasing at all, its pretty standard, doesn't deviate from your average fantasy game much. 

Saying how it does well in Japan and will not in Western territory does not aid you argument very much.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Al3xand3r

Your comparisons suck. Most of those games look much better in motion, those screens are rather bad and that they're all from IGN doesn't mean much at all. Your Wind Waker pic isn't even actually in-game (no cel shaded Link). TP looks nice aside from some muddy textures (even for GC). Monster Hunter Tri looks great. You only mention smooth animations and frame rate  for games you want to praise when MHTri also has that. The only downside in Tri is the way levels are segmented, but having experienced the series you get over that pretty quickly, and the visuals while similar at first glance are beyond the PS2/PC Monster Hunter games for sure. Sharper textures, better animations, more complex geometry both in the levels and the characters and monsters. And no, it's not "standard" at all as far as the art style is concerned, I never saw a Monster Hunter screen and didn't instantly recognise what game it's from. Sure, dragons, big swords, whatever. The games are unique in more ways than one.

I dunno what you're even doing anymore. First you made this thread to show the (not) "updated visuals" that use the Wii's "maximum power" now you're just shitting on the game with completely stupid comparisons with games that may look good but do completely different things (a beat em up? seriously? that's what you're comparing it to?!), or criticising its overuse of bloom when it looks fine in motion and changes depending on the area and time of day depicted, arguing seemingly just for the sake of arguing. It looks good in motion. It's a great game. That is all as far as I'm concerned, and I don't care how it does or doesn't do in sales (it's done great in Japan, it merely remains to be seen if it will do any better than the series traditionally does in the West, which it may) as long as I enjoy it like I do Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. Let this shit die already.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By demontium
    @Al3xand3r said:

" Your comparisons suck. Most of those games look much better in motion, those screens are rather bad and that they're all from IGN doesn't mean much at all. Your Wind Waker pic isn't even actually in-game (no cel shaded Link). TP looks nice aside from some muddy textures (even for GC). Monster Hunter Tri looks great. You only mention smooth animations and frame rate  for games you want to praise when MHTri also has that. The only downside in Tri is the way levels are segmented, but having experienced the series you get over that pretty quickly, and the visuals while similar at first glance are beyond the PS2/PC Monster Hunter games for sure. Sharper textures, better animations, more complex geometry both in the levels and the characters and monsters. And no, it's not "standard" at all as far as the art style is concerned, I never saw a Monster Hunter screen and didn't instantly recognise what game it's from. Sure, dragons, big swords, whatever. The games are unique in more ways than one.I dunno what you're even doing anymore. First you made this thread to show the (not) "updated visuals" that use the Wii's "maximum power" now you're just shitting on the game with completely stupid comparisons with games that may look good but do completely different things (a beat em up? seriously? that's what you're comparing it to?!), or criticising its overuse of bloom when it looks fine in motion and changes depending on the area and time of day depicted, arguing seemingly just for the sake of arguing. It looks good in motion. It's a great game. That is all as far as I'm concerned, and I don't care how it does or doesn't do in sales (it's done great in Japan, it merely remains to be seen if it will do any better than the series traditionally does in the West, which it may) as long as I enjoy it like I do Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. Let this shit die already. "

That isn't wind waker... thats brawl and its in-game.  

MHT runs @ 30fps, not bad, but most Wii games are better. Pushing the tech means pushing everything as to not let the framerate fall. 

I will not get into the actual gameplay since we are not discussing that. 

"Dragons, swords, ect" IS in fact part of the artstyle, and the fact that you did not recognize it means it further proves that it can blend in with multiple PS2 level graphics fantasy games. 

The thread was to show how this game is not really looking all that great visually. 

I agree, this thread is going no where... coonana is providing no evidence or support and thus spinning this argument in a looping circle. 

I even said myself when I got to show my photos, and before I started arguing my point, to lock it up.... remember?  

@demontium said: 

" I guess I failed.  LOCK IT UP "

Of course sarcastically I said it, but I assure you when I make a thread to prove a point, the point gets proven, and all is well, I will suggest to Lock it up!   
    coonana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By coonana

demontium you do not understand graphics comparisons. I do not need to give evidence. You posted games that were in a more cartoon artstyle that do not compare and do not simply make MHTri not one of the best looking games on Wii.  I mean while your at it you might as well compare NSMBW to this game.

It is one of the best looking games on Wii as it pushes 30 FPS, huge environments, textures for 3d models are beyond most Wii games, and all while connected to other players. 

You are seriously confused on your opinion of its artstyle making it out to be some fact that the game's visuals are sub par. 

Thats nice you do not like the artstyle, but again it wins against most Wii games in a graphics race and definitely competes with the best. That is proof right there.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By demontium
    @coonana said:
    " demontium you do not understand graphics comparisons. I do not need to give evidence. You posted games that were in a more cartoon artstyle that do not compare and do not simply make MHTri not one of the best looking games on Wii.  I mean while your at it you might as well compare NSMBW to this game. It is one of the best looking games on Wii as it pushes 30 FPS, huge environments, textures for 3d models are beyond most Wii games, and all while connected to other players.   You are seriously confused on your opinion of its artstyle making it out to be some fact that the game's visuals are sub par.   Thats nice you do not like the artstyle, but again it wins against most Wii games in a graphics race and definitely competes with the best. That is proof right there. "
    No you do not need to give evidence for any of your opinions, its just something that really supports your argument. Just trying to help actually : ) 

Huge environments =/= good. You can split up most of the environments and load a lot of the game before it starts. Easily boosting the FPS there. BTW the wi-fi is nor-so good. 

No. Art style is separate from technical standing, and alls I'm saying is that the art style is a bland fantasy world mess. Nothing too fun there. 

Stating that it is one of the best games on Wii graphically and claiming it to be proof tells me two things: You haven't played many good-looking Wii games and you need to take a debate class. 

Well, thats being optimistic, you may have a crappy TV and thus this game looks better on your PC than the games you have played on your tv. Maybe you have.... bad eyes, IDK, but luckily I am not the only one who notices that: 

@Willy105 said: 
    " Monster Hunter 3 pales in comparison to Sonic and the Black Knight. That's the game to beat, not Zelda TP."   
     At least then I know I am not going crazy!
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Al3xand3r
    @demontium said:

"At least then I know I am not going crazy! "

You are because your comparisons still suck and this game still looks good and the art style is merely your opinion yet you just put down his. And when the fuck did you play it to know the online is "nor-so-good" then? All impressions of the Japanese release have been great, plenty of gameplay videos by users, not just PR media, showcase 4-player online boss fights with no network issues whatsoever, even among users from different regions, while we still don't know exactly what changes they're incorporating for the Western release. Not to mention you started this whole thing when he said it's one of the best looking Wii games, which it is, and you responded as if he said it's the best looking Wii game. Wtf?

@coonana said:

Shitty youtube quality aside, I don't see how one cannot agree with his simple statement, or believe it just barely beats TP or some shit. Yeah it has segmented levels, boo hoo, so does Half-Life 2 and its expansions. The areas are still large, packed with detail, and the bosses are insane.

Let this shitty thread with its shitty screenshots, shitty sarcasm, shitty comparisons and shitty opinion bashing die. It's not even in the right forum, and it has no reason to exist in the first place since there are plenty of other threads discussing the game's graphics with screenshots and videos that better showcase the excellent work CAPCOM did to update the franchise for its first Wii outing. No, it's no Super Mario Galaxy, but no other Wii game is. Not to mention the thread was built on a completely false premise, the supposed updated visuals, which weren't. Wtf? And lol @ your reply.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By demontium
    @Al3xand3r: ok sorry. 

EDIT: NVM -_- you are just trying to promote your own threads besides linkyshinks. This is the most recent.... so it makes sense that the discussion is happening here.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By demontium

Thank you @MattyFTM: 

coonana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By coonana
    @demontium said:
    " @coonana said:
    " demontium you do not understand graphics comparisons. I do not need to give evidence. You posted games that were in a more cartoon artstyle that do not compare and do not simply make MHTri not one of the best looking games on Wii.  I mean while your at it you might as well compare NSMBW to this game. It is one of the best looking games on Wii as it pushes 30 FPS, huge environments, textures for 3d models are beyond most Wii games, and all while connected to other players.   You are seriously confused on your opinion of its artstyle making it out to be some fact that the game's visuals are sub par.   Thats nice you do not like the artstyle, but again it wins against most Wii games in a graphics race and definitely competes with the best. That is proof right there. "
    No you do not need to give evidence for any of your opinions, its just something that really supports your argument. Just trying to help actually : ) 

Huge environments =/= good. You can split up most of the environments and load a lot of the game before it starts. Easily boosting the FPS there. BTW the wi-fi is nor-so good. 

No. Art style is separate from technical standing, and alls I'm saying is that the art style is a bland fantasy world mess. Nothing too fun there. 

Stating that it is one of the best games on Wii graphically and claiming it to be proof tells me two things: You haven't played many good-looking Wii games and you need to take a debate class. 

Well, thats being optimistic, you may have a crappy TV and thus this game looks better on your PC than the games you have played on your tv. Maybe you have.... bad eyes, IDK, but luckily I am not the only one who notices that: 

@Willy105 said: 
    " Monster Hunter 3 pales in comparison to Sonic and the Black Knight. That's the game to beat, not Zelda TP."   
     At least then I know I am not going crazy! "
    No you basically did not understand what I said again, but thats fine. 

When I said I did not need to give proof, I said that claiming you have not given proof yet, You have given us nothing as to why this game is not one of the best looking Wii games except you dislike the artsyle. You gave bad comparisons. Its a matter of apples( MHTri realistic grand style) to oranges(Punch-Out!! closed environment cartoon style). They both look very pretty but they are on different planets in terms of visuals. 

Huge environments done right =/= very good. Obviously some games do not pull it off but games like GTA: San Andreas did it. And if you can do it without painful loading or ruining the framerate too much then that is a huge technical achievement and its why San Andreas is one of the nicest looking games last gen. Yes the framerate is going to take a hit and I actually do not know how much loading there is in MHTri. 

I never said artsyle is intertwined with technical standing. Art style is almost entirely opinion based while technical speecs are factual (it either does or it doesn't). Seeing as MHTri fills landscapes that are detailed and pretty does have a good artstyle. 

I have played all the good games on Wii and I have a great TV. Back handed internet talk does not make your baseless claim, that MHTri is basically shovelware in the visual department, any more true. All you can is you do not like the style that is as far as you can go on this.
    coonana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By coonana
    @Al3xand3r said:
    "@demontium said:

"At least then I know I am not going crazy! "

You are because your comparisons still suck and this game still looks good and the art style is merely your opinion yet you just put down his. And when the fuck did you play it to know the online is "nor-so-good" then? All impressions of the Japanese release have been great, plenty of gameplay videos by users, not just PR media, showcase 4-player online boss fights with no network issues whatsoever, even among users from different regions, while we still don't know exactly what changes they're incorporating for the Western release. Not to mention you started this whole thing when he said it's one of the best looking Wii games, which it is, and you responded as if he said it's the best looking Wii game. Wtf?

@coonana said:

Shitty youtube quality aside, I don't see how one cannot agree with his simple statement, or believe it just barely beats TP or some shit. Yeah it has segmented levels, boo hoo, so does Half-Life 2 and its expansions. The areas are still large, packed with detail, and the bosses are insane.

Let this shitty thread with its shitty screenshots, shitty sarcasm, shitty comparisons and shitty opinion bashing die. It's not even in the right forum, and it has no reason to exist in the first place since there are plentyofother threads discussing the game's graphics with screenshots and videos that better showcase the excellent work CAPCOM did to update the franchise for its first Wii outing. No, it's no Super Mario Galaxy, but no other Wii game is. Not to mention the thread was built on a completely false premise, the supposed updated visuals, which weren't. Wtf? And lol @ your reply. "

Could not have said it better myself.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.