Who's your favorite Kombatant?

• 61 results
#1 Posted by jNerd (2019 posts) -

My old-faithful has always been Subzero, but as of MK9 I've gotten quite proficient with Smoke!

#2 Posted by AOR (70 posts) -

I like Noob Saibot and Smoke a lot. I've never been much of a Kano fan but for some reason I'm liking him in this one.

#3 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

I like Ermac and Kabal.

#4 Posted by craigbo180 (1739 posts) -

I like Kung Lao best so far. In the past I used to always play Jax or Reptile but I suck really badly with Jax and I don't like reptiles new design, I am totally going to buy his alternate costume when I can.

#5 Edited by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -

Stryker and Sub-Zero for me.

#6 Posted by TekZero (2686 posts) -

Let's see, with MK1; my guy was Scorpion.  When MK2 came out, I played Kung Lao exclusively.  And when MK3/UMK3 came out, my fighter of choice was Kabal/Ermac.

So it's tough for me to pick a favorite.  I'd go with Kung Lao for the nostalgia, but if I'm running tag teams, then it's Kung Lao/Kabal.  Which actually makes a good mix. 
#7 Posted by RobotHamster (4177 posts) -

I'm still deciding, but so far it's probably Noob, Lui Kang and Scorpion.

#8 Posted by Zidane_24 (740 posts) -

Smoke and Ermac for me.

#9 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

Johnny Cage by far!!! :)

#10 Posted by EpicBenjamin (630 posts) -

Jade.
#11 Edited by SolidestChimp (155 posts) -
Reptile and kitana i seem to be heading to, i love sub zero but cant get into him in mk9 :/ his attacks are so slow now
#12 Posted by vmehnert (227 posts) -

Johnny Cage for the win.  I still laugh every time he yells "HOOOO" when he executes a nut punch.  Cracks me up how much of a d-bag he is.  Crazy (Krazy?) juggle opportunities as well.
#13 Posted by damswedon (3200 posts) -

Mileena, Jade and Cyber Sub Zero.

#14 Posted by HadesTimes (827 posts) -

This new game seems more interested in you being good with around 5 characters rather than really good with just one. But so far I REALLY like Sindel, Smoke, Cyrax, and Nightwolf.

#15 Edited by Entreri10 (235 posts) -

Scorpion then Human Smoke but I do love all the ninjas and cyborgs.

#16 Posted by Pickingwings (182 posts) -

I'm liking Liu Kang and Johnny Cage right now.

#17 Posted by Joker_777 (326 posts) -

Kung Lao and Reptile for me.

#18 Posted by YoungFrey (1321 posts) -

Mileena.  I know nothing about MK (since my previous experience was >15 years ago), I prefer looking at female character models, I like nasty diseased characters.  So it's an easy choice for starters.  Maybe I'll switch once I know more.
#19 Posted by A_Dog (744 posts) -

I like Sektor but I'm pretty bad with him. I'm getting quite decent with Liu Kang and Ermac. 

#20 Posted by JJGIANT (755 posts) -

I am really into Sonya right now. Got a 30% combo down to a tee now!

#21 Posted by sagesebas (2004 posts) -

I like Reptile a lot

#22 Posted by N7 (3658 posts) -

I'm digging Ermac, Kabal, Smoke, and I'm pretty good with Scorpion and Johnny Cage.

#23 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

Smoke

#24 Posted by supermonkey122 (859 posts) -

Sub Zero
#25 Posted by sagesebas (2004 posts) -
@supermonkey122:  Cyber Sub Zero
#26 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

i like Sindel, sub-zero and Kitana

#27 Posted by Patman99 (1620 posts) -

I like Jax... I think I must be the only Jax player in the whole god damn world... I also like Kabal.

#28 Posted by ajamafalous (12129 posts) -

There was a thread on this literally yesterday.

Anyway, Scorpion.

#29 Posted by Skytylz (4037 posts) -

I like Kabal the best right now, his X-ray is pretty easy to set up with his dash that spins your opponent.  

#30 Posted by TekZero (2686 posts) -

Ermac is fun as hell to play.  

And I'm a little surprised with all the Smoke players. 
#31 Posted by Jazz (2294 posts) -
@TekZero said:
" Ermac is fun as hell to play.  

And I'm a little surprised with all the Smoke players. 
"
everyone loves a teleporter.

As such, Kung Lao, Kitana and Smoke for me...though I like Noob and Ermac as well...oh and Cage and Sonya...errr
#32 Posted by dbz1995 (4790 posts) -

I've definitely got Nightwolf in there, and am now experimenting with Sektor, Baraka, and Kabal.

#33 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

Sub-Zero and Kung Lao have been my favourites since the original games.

#34 Posted by JackSukeru (5950 posts) -

Right now, Reptile. been practicing some (easy) combos and liking it. I'll probably try playing Stryker a bit more once I've unlocked everything, maybe some Jade as well.

And I really wanna se if I can get something going with Cyrax, bombs are hella fun.
#35 Posted by DonChipotle (2811 posts) -

Sonya. Always has been. Always will be.

#36 Posted by Thoseposers (789 posts) -

Noob Saibot cause he looks the coolest :P

#37 Posted by thebatmobile (983 posts) -

Sub-Zero!

#38 Posted by Bakumatsu (372 posts) -

I really dig Cyrax. It was the first character I finished the arcade mode with. Also Smoke.

#39 Posted by Ghost_of_Perdition (735 posts) -

Sub-Zero has always been my go-to fighter. Cyrax is my runner up - setting up traps with bombs and anti-air/spinning blade is always fun to pull off. Liu Kang is slowly turning into a favorite.

#40 Posted by JammyJesus (770 posts) -

Smoke, Reptile or Kabal. 

#41 Posted by DazzHardy (786 posts) -

Mainly Sonya, but since finishing the story, I've found I quite like Jade, Stryker and Kung Lao too.

#42 Posted by Ben_H (3412 posts) -

Kung Lao, Nightwolf, and Reptile.  I have the klassik kostume for Reptile and it is awesome.  Too many people play Smoke and Noob Saibot.

#43 Posted by JTB123 (1050 posts) -

Scorpion is currently my best, which is usually the case. Cyber Sub Zero is a close second though, and I can't believe that I'm getting ok with Kabal, I still have visions of fighting him in MK3.

#44 Posted by Redbullet685 (6068 posts) -
@Underachiever007 said:
" Stryker "
@xhavoc86 said:
" Johnny Cage by far!!! :) "
These two.
#45 Posted by ZombieHunterOG (3530 posts) -

Ermac

#46 Posted by KamikazeCaterpillar (1179 posts) -

I've just been playing through the story since the PSN is down and I must say that I like almost all of them. With the exception of Sub-Zero i have yet to play a character that I didn't enjoy playing but I had to pick one it would either be Liu Kang or Cryax. They are both just a lot of fun to play.

#47 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2041 posts) -

I've gotten used to Stryker, he wasn't too difficult for me to pick up and his moveset seems versatile enough for me that I've never been overpowered in a fight. 

#48 Posted by fox01313 (5088 posts) -

Been playing a lot of different ones but been pretty happy with Kung Lao, Jade, Ermac & Noob. So far haven't found a character yet that I can't at least figure out a few things on & enjoy playing them.

#49 Posted by Slaker117 (4843 posts) -

I've been playing a lot of Scorpion. Messed around a little with Liu Kang, but not really feeling it. As happy as I've been with the Hell Ninja though, I know there is a stigma around using him, and he doesn't seem to have a lot of options as far as play style, so I'm thinking about picking up another. Maybe Raiden, Sub-Zero or Cyber Sub-Zero, just because I like the way they look.

#50 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

I've only been playing Kung Lao and Reptile. I've got a couple solid 35 ish % combo's for both of them and way more using meter, and both have the ability to rush people down pretty good with their specials. Kung Lao more so than Reptile. But reptile can do more damage with less hits. So I'm starting to lean towards him since there's some lag online and it's easy to fuck up Kung Lao's  Kombo's with any input lag since he moves so quick and hits so many times.

Nightwolf..And really just about everyone in this game is pretty great. But I'm not gonna bother trying to get good at more than 1 or 2 at a time. Specifically, I'd like to get all my matchups down with Kung and Reptile. Even more specifically, get more comfortable dealing with Noob, Smoke, and Ermac. 3 very annoying projectile and teleportation based keep away characters who everyone seems to use a whole lot. Especially noob. I wish I was in a position to play with more people in person instead of spending all my time worrying about how to beat laggy projectile spammers.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.