Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mother 3

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Apr 20, 2006

Mother 3 is the third game in Shigesato Itoi's critically acclaimed Mother series. In the game, Lucas and various other protagonists fight to defeat a large army known as the Pig Army who are ruining their otherwise peaceful lives.

THE TRANSLATION IS DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Endogene

Finally the mother 3 translation is done.

After more than 13 years of waiting, the sequel to EarthBound is now in English! I hope fans of the series, new and old, will find MOTHER 3 to be just as unique and interesting as its predecessors. We tried our very best to make a worthy translation, and I think we came close to hitting that mark. With any luck, the translation will seem just as "strange, funny, and heartrending" as the original Japanese version.

MOTHER 3 is filled with secrets and rarities. Characters say new things after even the tiniest of events. Take your time to explore the game's intriguing world - you won't be disappointed! And when you're done, be sure to come back here, because we've prepared many more goodies for fans to check out and enjoy post-game!

Enjoy your time in the world of MOTHER 3!

their site explains how the patching work
    http://mother3.fobby.net/

Enjoy !
    Avatar image for deactivated-5aeccee38cdf9
    deactivated-5aeccee38cdf9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

sweet

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By oraknabo

good stuff

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By PureRok

I wonder why I never received my e-mail.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Endogene
    PureRok said:
    "I wonder why I never received my e-mail."
    Now that you mention it neither did i, perhaps they have yet to send them out.
    OfficialJab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By OfficialJab

My friend is gonna lose his mind haha. Looking forward to trying it.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Willy105

Yay!

Roy42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Roy42

God, this game is AWESOME!

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By Undeadpool

In the words of the doctor from Eternal Darkness:
    It woooorks! I knoooow! Iiii've DONE it!

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By JJOR64

I really wish Nintendo would just release this game stateside on the DS or something.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By xyzygy

Just curious, how is it possible to play this game? Are illegal methods the only way?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By xyzygy
    @Diamond: Ah, I should have said is there any other non-illegal way for me to get it without Importing it :P
    Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Pazy
    @xyzygy said:
    " @Diamond: Ah, I should have said is there any other non-illegal way for me to get it without Importing it :P "

It was only ever released in japan on the GBA so you could import (which costs a lot), get the hardware to dumb it (not sure of the cost), dumb it yourself (which may or may not provide a good result compatable with the translation patch) and then patch it like a normal Rom. There are also the illegal ways.
    StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By StarFoxA
    @Pazy said:
    " @xyzygy said:
    " @Diamond: Ah, I should have said is there any other non-illegal way for me to get it without Importing it :P "
    It was only ever released in japan on the GBA so you could import (which costs a lot), get the hardware to dumb it (not sure of the cost), dumb it yourself (which may or may not provide a good result compatable with the translation patch) and then patch it like a normal Rom. There are also the illegal ways. "
    Although even that is technically illegal.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#16  Edited By Hailinel

I think that the only truly legal way anyone in North America or Europe could play this game is by buying an import copy and learning enough Japanese to understand the game.

That being said, the fascination with Mother 3 truly baffles me.  People still hold EarthBound up like it was the second coming.  Don't get me wrong; I played EarthBound back in the day and enjoyed it, but there's a select group out there that's cult-like to the point that they're ready to paint all of their possessions blue just to get Nintendo to reconsider a U.S. release.  It's like Nintendo's very own Shenmue 3.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Diamond
    @Hailinel: Well there are fanboys, but I liked Earthbound a lot personally.  Not as much as Chrono Trigger (which came out within about 2 weeks of Earthbound, and I cursed myself for getting it instead of CT), but it was still a neat game.  Great music, interesting style and theme.  Solid gameplay.  Weird in a way that could freak you out more than the ham fisted horror of say the Silent Hill series.

I played through Mother 3 in Japanese and I think it's an even better game than Earthbound was.  Way more diversity and excellent storytelling for a 2D game.  The freak out factor is even more powerful.
      The music is fantastic and the story is still moving.

Games like Mother 3 and Shenmue are excellent in their own ways.  They don't try to do everything a game like Modern Warfare 2 does, they take their own path.  They are undeniably (despite people denying the facts) great games, they just don't do everything by the book.  Some people can't accept that, but those people are probably best left playing their cookie cutter action games anyways.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.