Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle is the second installment of Grasshopper Manufacture's surreal action series on the Nintendo Wii. Taking place three years after the original game's conclusion, the sequel streamlines many of that games features into a more tightly paced adventure.

Suda 51 blew my mind today and it's mildly spoilerific!

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Edited By Dalai

Sponsored by Travis Touchdown: he loves strawberries on his shortcake.
    If the title didn't already give it away, expect some minor spoilers right... now! 

While most people are getting their Mass Effect or MAG on, some of us are playing a little game called No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle. And in the first two hours, I exercised my kitty, played some 8-bit throwback minigames, witnessed a broken 4th wall, pressed the A button a lot, turned into a tiger, fought a giant robot full of cheerleaders, beat up an Irish rapper, and watched a pretty dirty anime video with a glimpse of naked cartoon ass (no naked cartoon pussy unfortunately.) And there's probably another 12 hours yet to go... I couldn't imagine what the fuck is ahead of me. 

Double the beam katana, double the fun.
    The game begins 3 years after Travis' run to the top of the UAA at a time where Travis has fallen from grace... I think. They don't really get into any details. Santa Destroy looks a bit more developed and Naomi looks even more developed (they look much bigger.) He is now ranked 51st (har har har) and we find him fighting Skelter Helter, the brother of Helter Skelter, who Travis killed to become the 11th ranked assassin last time around. The circle of life, I suppose. The battle is a tutorial more-or-less, but if you've played the first game it's pretty unnecessary. The controls are not very complex anyway... button mashing is still the control style of choice. The actual game is similar to the first: slash a few dozen dudes, collect some knick-knacks, take a shit, and battle some wacky boss to the death. And the one boss fight is a old-school Japanese giant robot fight straight from the Voltron playbook. There's more to the story, but I don't feel like giving away Bishop's death and the whole "Travis is out for revenge" plot in the game. Did I mention the spoilers? 

Two bosses in and things finally started to get interesting.
    That's the beginning of the game in a nutshell, but I can tell there's more to like in No More Heroes 2 already. The odd jobs have been replaced by short 5 minute games that remind me of games circa 1988. All the games I played so far have been masterfully done and adds to the variety the game needs because let's face it, the actual game is mad repetitive. Also improved is the eradication of the open world. While it was pretty fun cruising around town collecting T-shirts, Santa Destroy was an empty and soulless town. However Travis' apartment got an extreme makeover. This is your hub, the place where you play with Jeane, watch TV, get your shmup on in Bizarre Jelly 5, and poop. It's all those little distractions that boost No More Heroes 2 from good fun to crazy awesomeness. 

If you have a Wii, you should add No More Heroes 2 to your library. Simple as that! 

Oh, one final thing. Boob physics are aplenty... manboob physics are also represented. Naked cartoon pussy is nowhere to be found yet, but I'm only a couple hours in.
    Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Dalai

If the title didn't already give it away, expect some minor spoilers right... now! 

While most people are getting their Mass Effect or MAG on, some of us are playing a little game called No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle. And in the first two hours, I exercised my kitty, played some 8-bit throwback minigames, witnessed a broken 4th wall, pressed the A button a lot, turned into a tiger, fought a giant robot full of cheerleaders, beat up an Irish rapper, and watched a pretty dirty anime video with a glimpse of naked cartoon ass (no naked cartoon pussy unfortunately.) And there's probably another 12 hours yet to go... I couldn't imagine what the fuck is ahead of me. 

The game begins 3 years after Travis' run to the top of the UAA at a time where Travis has fallen from grace... I think. They don't really get into any details. Santa Destroy looks a bit more developed and Naomi looks even more developed (they look much bigger.) He is now ranked 51st (har har har) and we find him fighting Skelter Helter, the brother of Helter Skelter, who Travis killed to become the 11th ranked assassin last time around. The circle of life, I suppose. The battle is a tutorial more-or-less, but if you've played the first game it's pretty unnecessary. The controls are not very complex anyway... button mashing is still the control style of choice. The actual game is similar to the first: slash a few dozen dudes, collect some knick-knacks, take a shit, and battle some wacky boss to the death. And the one boss fight is a old-school Japanese giant robot fight straight from the Voltron playbook. There's more to the story, but I don't feel like giving away Bishop's death and the whole "Travis is out for revenge" plot in the game. Did I mention the spoilers? 

That's the beginning of the game in a nutshell, but I can tell there's more to like in No More Heroes 2 already. The odd jobs have been replaced by short 5 minute games that remind me of games circa 1988. All the games I played so far have been masterfully done and adds to the variety the game needs because let's face it, the actual game is mad repetitive. Also improved is the eradication of the open world. While it was pretty fun cruising around town collecting T-shirts, Santa Destroy was an empty and soulless town. However Travis' apartment got an extreme makeover. This is your hub, the place where you play with Jeane, watch TV, get your shmup on in Bizarre Jelly 5, and poop. It's all those little distractions that boost No More Heroes 2 from good fun to crazy awesomeness. 

If you have a Wii, you should add No More Heroes 2 to your library. Simple as that! 

Oh, one final thing. Boob physics are aplenty... manboob physics are also represented. Naked cartoon pussy is nowhere to be found yet, but I'm only a couple hours in.
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Godwind

The boobs turned me on.

L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By L33tfella_H

I might be remembering wrong, but didn't you non-interactively kill Helter Skelter in the first game. As in, he was the '11th' ranked hitman, and you killed him and then you started the game going after the 10th ranked hitman.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Snail

I totally have to get that game.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Godwind
    @L33tfella_H said:
    " I might be remembering wrong, but didn't you non-interactively kill Helter Skelter in the first game. As in, he was the '11th' ranked hitman, and you killed him and then you started the game going after the 10th ranked hitman. "
    Yes, but this is Skelter Helter, not Helter Skelter.  Huge Difference.
    Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dalai
    @L33tfella_H said:
    " I might be remembering wrong, but didn't you non-interactively kill Helter Skelter in the first game. As in, he was the '11th' ranked hitman, and you killed him and then you started the game going after the 10th ranked hitman. "
    You're right. You actually don't fight him. The first boss would be Death Metal... kinda worded that wrong or forgot or something. Been a while since I touched the first game.
    rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By rallier
    @Dalai: Finishing the SSHUMP gives you something quite close to naked cartoon pussy, that surprised me quite a bit.

The boob physics in this game are indeed awesome, Naomi in particular.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.