Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

2 year old neph put paper in the disc drive, help!

kilzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kilzombie

Hey all, last night I left my game disc in my PS3 when I shut it off, today when I came home from school I found my ps3 was on, and the disc was by the side of it, sometimes my 2 year old nephew turns it on, I'm assuming he likes the beeping sound, he sometimes does this, and I'm never around to catch him. This time though I found a piece of card sticking out of the disc drive. Now I don't know if its just that one piece or if there's more inside, I couldn't see through the slot. I haven't turned it on to check yet, I'm nervous about it. Any thoughts on what I should do?
    Thanks in advance..

laticsfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By laticsfan

Oh Noes!!!! 

In all seriousness, I dont think theres much you can do to check without voiding any warranty (opening it up). Unless you could get a light and shine it in the disc tray. But the again I'm not currently around a ps3, so I would just have to say start it up and see what happens. Whilst crossing as many things as possible.
    kilzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kilzombie
    @Laticsfan: thanks, I don't want to open it up, but I'll turn it on and see later, I'll put in a old dvd, I don't want to risk having a game disc stuck in there.
    Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4  Edited By Hamst3r

Open it and make sure there's no paper in there. 

kilzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kilzombie

a little update.. I tried to put a disc in, theres more paper inside.. the disc wouldnt even go in halfway..
    I fucking hate kids right now -_-..

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Geno

Why would you allow a two year old next to your PS3? That's like putting your notes beside a lit fireplace. 

kilzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kilzombie
    @Geno:
    I never do, it just so happened that he decided it was a good time to mess with the beeping sounds and make greed and red lights appear, since no one was paying any attention to him at that moment.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Linkyshinks

My little nieces like the flashing blue pilot light on my Wii's, they've both tried to stick their fingers in on occasion, when they do, I tell them it'll bite them if their naughty, I suggest you do the same.

It would be wise to open it up and check.

pepsipat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pepsipat1

I would suggest opening it up. That might be the only way to save your PS3 without paying Sony to fix it.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By Evilsbane

Dude...that sucks, that kid would be dead in my house. But really there isn't much you can do besides opening the thing up, I don't think Sony's warranty covers small children. 

Oh man dude I just have to say sorry one more time, I feel sick just thinking about something like that happening. I mean damn I hate 2 year olds, just old enough to destroy everything you own.

regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By regularassmilk

Looks like you'll have to void a warranty to fix that. 
    Sorry Pal, thats really too bad.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By mikemcn

I think I tried that with the floppy disk drive on a computer when i was like 3......
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By eroticfishcake

Apart from cracking it open and manually removing the debris that could void your warranty I don't really know how to fix it I'm afraid. Probably difficult to do so but you could always place your PS3 in an elevated position so he can't reach it. Make sure to not to leave any wires hanging down either so he won't yank it down and damaging the PS3 (and possibly killing him as well).

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By zeforgotten
    @eroticfishcake said:
    " Apart from cracking it open and manually removing the debris that could void your warranty I don't really know how to fix it I'm afraid. Probably difficult to do so but you could always place your PS3 in an elevated position so he can't reach it. Make sure to not to leave any wires hanging down either so he won't yank it down and damaging the PS3 (and possibly killing him as well). "
    At least the new console will live safely.  
    So, I don't really see the problem
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @ZeForgotten: I see where you're coming from.

Alternatively, get those leases that stop dogs from running amok in your garden and attach that to your nephew instead.
    choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By choffy21
    @ZeForgotten said:
    " @eroticfishcake said:
    " Apart from cracking it open and manually removing the debris that could void your warranty I don't really know how to fix it I'm afraid. Probably difficult to do so but you could always place your PS3 in an elevated position so he can't reach it. Make sure to not to leave any wires hanging down either so he won't yank it down and damaging the PS3 (and possibly killing him as well). "
    At least the new console will live safely.  So, I don't really see the problem "
    Don't know why, but I find this incredibly humorous.
    hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By hatking

Sorry... like the others said you're probably going to have to open it up.   

Still, despite how bad it sucks... I find it pretty funny.  Don't know why... but I just think I'd start laughing if I saw a little kid doing that.

Junpei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Junpei

Opening it is really the only way. Sony won't cover that in their warranty (if your still covered by it to begin with) so either way you would have to pay them for a repair if you can't fix it yourself.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By tebbit

I'm thinking maybe if you had really thin tweezers or something, you could put them into the disk slot and yank the paper out. They're gonna have to be freakin thin though.

stephengotlost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By stephengotlost

Place a piece of  double sided tape to the edgeof a DVD. Then, place the DVD in gently and pull. I think I remember doing this once and retrieving a piece of paper from a small slit.

stinky51012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By stinky51012

Brb you should probably get it out of the PS3

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.