Professor Layton Vs Phoenix Wright announced.

• 95 results
#1 Edited by Hyperfludd (373 posts) -
#2 Edited by VicRattlehead (1398 posts) -

holy crap!! level 5 x capcom lol?

#3 Posted by GoofyGoober (937 posts) -

Wow...Just WOW.

#4 Posted by thaijedi (139 posts) -

Objection! But professor!

#5 Posted by Addfwyn (1917 posts) -

Sold, I didn't want a 3DS, but now I have to.  CURSES! 

*hands Level-5 a blank cheque* Please fill out for the amount you see necessary for every game you are releasing next year.

#6 Posted by RoyCampbell (1096 posts) -

Wha- wha- wha- WHAT?!?!

#7 Posted by Turambar (6641 posts) -

Oh fuck.  Oh shit.  Oh fuck.  Oh shit.  OH FUCK.  OH SHIT.  OH FUCK.  OH SHIT.

#9 Posted by Kjellm87 (1728 posts) -

..................HOLY SH-   I DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING

#10 Posted by AlisterCat (5470 posts) -

Wait, what!? I desperately want a new phoenix wright game, but what is this? I doubt they could work courtroom drama in to professor layton...

#11 Posted by litrock (173 posts) -

Two of my favorite new franchises of the past decade put together?  YES PLEASE

#12 Posted by Kjellm87 (1728 posts) -

So how much info do we have yet besides the vid?

#13 Posted by Raymayne (1226 posts) -

HOLY FUCKING SHIT ON A CRACKER

#14 Posted by Synthballs (2193 posts) -

The...how...?

#15 Posted by CaptainObvious (2992 posts) -

Holy crossover Batman!

#16 Posted by Lumley (941 posts) -

FUCKING HELL... I love Layton. And I really love Pheonix. 

This is going to be AMAZING!

#17 Posted by busted1der (199 posts) -

OMG.

#18 Posted by Twazuk (178 posts) -

This is great news. I literally cannot wait. I'm squirming. 

#19 Posted by Hyperfludd (373 posts) -

#20 Posted by AlisterCat (5470 posts) -

Nice images. I'm not sure what qualifies phoenix wright to be solving puzzles though. He belongs in court.

#21 Posted by Hyperfludd (373 posts) -

It seems to be based on the Witch Trials, which is a nice way of bringing these 2 fellows together. The official website will open tomorrow.

#22 Posted by ShadowVirus (793 posts) -
@AlisterCat said:
" Nice images. I'm not sure what qualifies phoenix wright to be solving puzzles though. He belongs in court. "
Well, Phoenix does act like a detective half the time, so it could work.
#23 Posted by AlisterCat (5470 posts) -
@ShadowVirus: Yeah but that's not why people like Phoenix Wright. Even if it's just a Professor Layton game with Phoenix Wright in it it'll still be good though. Need more Maya and Phoenix. 3 games wasnt enough.
#24 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Say whhhhaaaaaattt ?!?!

#25 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

They should be working together!

#26 Posted by ShadowVirus (793 posts) -
@AlisterCat said:
" @ShadowVirus: Yeah but that's not why people like Phoenix Wright. Even if it's just a Professor Layton game with Phoenix Wright in it it'll still be good though. Need more Maya and Phoenix. 3 games wasnt enough. "
Yeah, that's true. But maybe they'll implement some sort of courtroom drama scenario into the game at some point in the game. 
Also yeah, I'm just glad to see more Phoenix.
#27 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

The anachronisms kind of bother me a bit. At least Miles Edgeworth would almost blend in.

#28 Posted by paradox121 (317 posts) -
@Kjellm87 said:
" So how much info do we have yet besides the vid? "
According to the article on Kotaku its gonna be a game based on 'puzzles full of contradictions'.
The setting is a place called Labryinth City where Phoenix/Layton are trying to help a girl who is accused of being a witch. And the baddie is a guy called 'The Storyteller' who has the power to write anything into existence. 

But hey, this could be a game with nothing more than them dancing for two hours and Id still buy it. Soooo much finger pointing.
#29 Posted by Hyperfludd (373 posts) -

'Ace Attorney creator Takumi Shuu will be working on the title, and the game's theme will be puzzles that are full of contradictions. Sounds perfect for a legal puzzle mash-up.  "

Annnd theres your hook.

#30 Posted by Creamypies (4044 posts) -

Just put Phoenix Wright in MvC3 already!

#31 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

Wtf? This is awesome

#32 Posted by punkxblaze (2948 posts) -

My thoughts on the matter, as read by M. Bison.
#33 Posted by LordAndrew (14419 posts) -

For those who want to know more, Wikipedia already has a bunch of information about the game. That was fast!

#34 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3002 posts) -

This is why I still respect Capcom.

#35 Posted by ShadowVirus (793 posts) -
#36 Posted by illmatic19 (964 posts) -

Just a matter of time until MK vs SF. 

Good on you Capcom. 

#37 Posted by damswedon (3173 posts) -

I just want to repeat what I put in the other topic. 
 OhFuckOhFuckOhFuckOhFuckOhFuckOhFuckOhFuckOhFuckOhFuck    

#38 Posted by Killerfridge (301 posts) -

Wow. Just...wow

#39 Posted by nick_verissimo (1380 posts) -

Man, I wasn't going to buy a 3DS based on the projected price, but now I'm starting to think that I just might have to get one. Damnit!

#40 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -

This will be so damn awesome. I'm buying a 3DS solely for this game & the new, stand-alone Layton. I'm so happy, you have no idea. The puzzle solving from Layton, the crazy, over-the-top shenanigans from Phoenix Wright plus the awesome characters from both games? Sign me up! 

This crossover already makes up for the lame Sonic/Mario and Tekken x Street Fighter games.

#41 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

I only know about those two games based on the content on this site and what the bombcast have said in the past and I'm excited, and I don't even have a wii/ds

#42 Posted by eroticfishcake (7782 posts) -

That's the biggest surprise I've seen in the gaming industry all year. Wow. Really, that is...holy shit.

#43 Posted by Falconer (1680 posts) -

I was too cheap to ever buy an Ace Attorney or Layton game. Then I sold my DS not too long ago. 

Yeah, consider a 3DS bought Nintendo, you ass holes...

#44 Posted by Jasta (2217 posts) -

Ace Attorney creator Takumi Shuu will be working on the title, and the game's theme will be puzzles that are full of contradictions. Sounds perfect for a legal puzzle mash-up.

from Kotaku.

I couldint think of a better way to fuck with someones head.

#45 Posted by SBYM (1219 posts) -

I'm a little upset with myself that all it takes to get me way stoked about a game is to put two franchises together, neither of which I have played all that much of.

#46 Posted by ikabubu (201 posts) -
@Turambar said:
" Oh fuck.  Oh shit.  Oh fuck.  Oh shit.  OH FUCK.  OH SHIT.  OH FUCK.  OH SHIT. "
WORD...
#47 Posted by Apathylad (3066 posts) -

3DS game, huh? I'm more excited about this game than anything that has been previously announced on the platform. 

#48 Posted by IkariNoTekken (990 posts) -
@Dany said:
" I only know about those two games based on the content on this site and what the bombcast have said in the past and I'm excited, and I don't even have a wii/ds "
Same, never played them myself but I have seem both in action on a friends DS. I might need to pick up a DS at some point...but I guess its probably best to wait until the 3DS arrives.
#49 Posted by NekuCTR (1663 posts) -

A choice quote from Jeff Gerstmann of Giant bomb fame, "You combine anything with anything, I'm in!"

Nuf said.

#50 Posted by Dipstick (547 posts) -

Jesus christ, I haven't been this excited in a long time haha. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.