Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Prototype

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 09, 2009

Prototype is an open-world action game from Radical Entertainment. You are Alex Mercer, a human transformed by a deadly virus into a virtually invincible killing machine.

Waiting on a Review....

• 63 results
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#51  Edited By Jeust

If want more reviews on prototype keep an eye on metacritic... 

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/prototype?q=prototype (XBOX360)

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/prototype?q=prototype (PS3)

There are for all tastes and pleasures :)

cheers

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#52  Edited By Rhaknar

for the peeps waiting for the giantbomb review, be warned that brad will probably not rate it very high, been following his twitter and he doesnt seem to be having a good time, and his latest comment says it all:

"Getting Prototype finished today is taking years off my life."

it might just be because the game gets hard, but from his previous comments I think hes just not liking it much.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
    Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

For all those decrying this game: if you played Infamous I don't see how Prototype couldn't be more repetitive.  You fight almost one type of enemy the entire game for Infamous.  And while Prototype looks like a brawler, Infamous is basically a shooter, which is repetitive in its own way.  The game is going to have the same amount of thinking involved as Infamous.  Lets not try to make infamous into more than it really is.

I liked Infamous, don't get me wrong, but I think for some reason everyone is blowing it out of proportion (but maybe that's just my taste)

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By CenturionCajun

It could just be because it's difficult and he's trying to finish in order to get a review out in a timely fashion.

Cheapoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Cheapoz

Brad loved the crap out of inFamous, easy to get your hater pants on for Prototype then...

(Oh, and like SF IV, this game leaked in Australia, was available on Monday!)
    Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
    Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Over/Under the game that shall not be named is mentioned in Brad's review?

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Rhaknar

Infamous will be mentioned in Brad's review, and probably wont take too long to do it either.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By CenturionCajun

As was pointed out on the Bombcast this week story wise inFAMOUS AND [PROTOTYPE] were reading each others story notes. The general premise is almost exactly the same. So, comparisons as to who did it better are bound to happen in any review considering how closely together they were released.

AK47Kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#59  Edited By AK47Kill

Played 9 hours straight , TRUST me this game is GREAT!!!! i give it a 9/10.
    So far im 9 hours in got aload of abilties unlocked, the main story missions are intesnse and a blast to play.
    The side missions are fun and a nice way to boost your powers, the gameplay is freaking addictive couldnt stop playing lol. 
    for the 9 hours i played today i wasnt bored a bit and nothing was repetetive.
    I prefer the gameplay on this over the infamous demo, infamous is just zap dudes this you can do all kinds of crazy shit.

If youre intrested in Prototype forget the reviews and  go and buy it, you wont be dissapointed !!

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Rhaknar
    @CenturionCajun said:
    " As was pointed out on the Bombcast this week story wise inFAMOUS AND [PROTOTYPE] were reading each others story notes. The general premise is almost exactly the same. So, comparisons as to who did it better are bound to happen in any review considering how closely together they were released. "
    turns out brad didnt mention infamous in the review, so kudos to him
    fastkilr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#61  Edited By fastkilr
    @ShogunSupremacy said:
    " Well another thats funny is that I live in Virginia, (no thats not funny, well maybe?? heh) is that the game has a street date for June 10th here which is a Wednesday, and thats everywhere. All games I have ever bought have been out on Tuesday, so its been a weid situation from the word go! "
    That's so fucking hilarious I'm going to need to step away from my computer for a moment in order to contain myself. Great stuff. Have you considered a career in stand up?
    Avatar image for DELETE_chickenpants
    ChickenPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#62  Edited By ChickenPants

Eh, is there any explanation for the fact that Prototype was getting all 9+ reviews before the embargo lifted today?Now that the embargo lifted all the reviews are around 8... Just coincidence?

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By CenturionCajun

IGN's review came out two days ago and was a 7.5. While I doubt Prototype will be winning anyone's Game of the Year award it's being well received. From my top three online review sites it has gotten:

Gamespot: 8.5
    Giant Bomb: 8.0
    IGN: 7.5

That averages out to about an 8 overall. A damned fine score.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.