20 $ Ladies and Gentlemen..

• 127 results
#1 Edited by Juicebox (485 posts) -

PSN (Couldn't find direct link)

http://www.pixelitis.net/news/playstation-store-update-resident-evil-4-returns

XBM

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Resident-Evil-4/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024343081c

Resident evil 4 is .... $20

Code Veronica X is.. $20

EACH

IT IS NOT RETAIL. NO BOX. DIGITAL RELEASE FOR EU/NA.

------PS PLUS DEAL--------

You get half off with PS plus all you have to do is pay 17$ for a 3 month card and they'll discount you 10$

Or Be a Monthly Subscriber Pay 6$

And you'll save 10$-6$= $3 $avings

Making you have to pay only 16$ Almost a whole 10% discount!!!!! $AVINGS!!!!!

+

Also you get to rent

Resident evil 1, 2, 3.

as long you keep Paying. FREE GAMES

#2 Posted by chrismafuchris (1080 posts) -

20 USD for the two? That's not a bad price.

#3 Posted by ajamafalous (12152 posts) -

I'm not about to click through to Kotaku, but $20 for RE4 seems reasonable.

#4 Posted by Creamypies (4091 posts) -

That is a bit pricey, though they are retail length games... and arguably better than at least half of the downloadable space.

I would've said that RE4 should be 15 bucks, and Code Veronica should be 10. But this is Capcom...

#5 Posted by Juicebox (485 posts) -
@chrismafuchris said:
its for each one ,  for both its 40$
#6 Posted by OneKillWonder_ (1832 posts) -

@chrismafuchris: No, for each.

I think $15 would be a more acceptable price considering how old these games are, even if they have been HD-ified.

#7 Posted by Nottle (1915 posts) -

RE4 is a fantastic game but I already own it, BUT it's also good enought to own twice i my opinion. So maybe when it goes on sale. Also I never played Code Veronica.

#8 Edited by Toms115 (2317 posts) -
@chrismafuchris said:

20 each according to them
#9 Posted by Juicebox (485 posts) -

They look better on PC anyways .....

#10 Posted by ReyGitano (2467 posts) -

For $20 I rather just go play the original version, I only see this working if RE4 HD has a some new extras or something.

#11 Posted by SammydesinasNL (840 posts) -

Just to be able to play them well with a controller in 720p? I wouldn't mind if they had added some things, or ported them over to the RE5 engine, but this seems pricy.

#12 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8606 posts) -

Oh god, there might be hope yet.

#13 Posted by laserbolts (5365 posts) -

This doesn't seem to bad to me. I see much less value on store shelves now for 60 bucks.

#14 Posted by TEHMAXXORZ (1133 posts) -

SUPER MEAT BOY. 
That's all I have to say.

#15 Posted by lord_canti (1522 posts) -

what the hell i was under the impression that it was a disk release and together :|

#16 Posted by SuperfluousMoniker (2913 posts) -

I already own it on PS2... I dunno, maybe when this version is selling on Amazon used for 10 I'll grab it.

#17 Posted by benjaebe (2784 posts) -

Sold. $20 dollars is totally reasonable for an HD rerelease of a game. That seems to pretty much be the usual price point, considering $40 for Silent Hill 2 and 3, ICO/SotC, etc.

#18 Edited by Vexxan (4612 posts) -

$20 ain't that bad is it? Could be way worse...

#19 Posted by Surkov (990 posts) -
@Juicebox said:
They look better on PC anyways .....
Resident Evil 4 for PC was a piece of shit. It didn't even have mouse support when it was released. 
#20 Posted by Juicebox (485 posts) -
@benjaebe
Maybe SONY gamers are used to that. But here on xbox land  you can nab yourself great games for 15$
#21 Posted by Juicebox (485 posts) -
@Vegsen
Your right , In Japan It Was $60  for  both
#22 Posted by SoldierG654342 (1819 posts) -

Considering you can get the Resident Evil Essentials (4, Veronica, and Outbreak) for $30, this seems a little extravagant. 

#23 Posted by XenoNick (1481 posts) -

I don't mind. I paid £15 for a copy of CVX on game cube and £8 for RE4. So those prices don't bother me that much. Plus I'm kind of a sucker for anything Resident Evil.

#24 Posted by Jeffsekai (7052 posts) -

Is this coming out for 360?

#25 Posted by supermike6 (3641 posts) -

I have Resident Evil 4 for the Wii, and I think that was 50 bucks, so this sounds pretty reasonable to me.  

Though I've never actually played Resident Evil 4 past the first town.

#26 Posted by XenoNick (1481 posts) -

@Jeffsekai said:

Is this coming out for 360?

Yeah for Games On Demand.

#27 Posted by lavaman77 (565 posts) -

Im just going to get RE4 since Veronica isn't really worth 20 bucks.

#28 Posted by Juicebox (485 posts) -
@lavaman77:  true but  20 is just capcom being greedy
#29 Posted by MisterChief (832 posts) -
@supermike6 said:
I have Resident Evil 4 for the Wii, and I think that was 50 bucks, so this sounds pretty reasonable to me.   Though I've never actually played Resident Evil 4 past the first town.
The best part of the game. I also finished the Wii version so probably won't be picking it up if it's $20.
#30 Posted by Landon (4164 posts) -

If it's the Wii version with HD graphics and achievements, then $20 is ok by me.

#31 Posted by ikaruga (194 posts) -

lol, I paid $20 for a used game cube and RE4 and this was back in 2007. What a joke, should have just bundle both games for $20.

#32 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Sounds pretty reasonable to me!

#33 Edited by RE_Player1 (7526 posts) -

@Juicebox

@benjaebe:
Maybe SONY gamers are used to that. But here on xbox land you can nab yourself great games for 15$

Excuse me, what? I have no clue what you are saying. Did I just fall for a troll?

#34 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -
#35 Posted by FateOfNever (1855 posts) -

Hmm, not sure how I feel about this.  On one hand I think "oh, 20$ isn't that bad." on the other hand I think "but it would make so much more sense to package both together for 30$" and then by comparison to that idea I think "there's no way I would pay 20$ for veronica in HD when it will still has the old game play style and the old graphics."  RE4 for 20$ doesn't sound awful, I mean, you might get it for that used in non-HD, right?  And that game might actually look somewhat decent in HD as opposed to Veronica which just looks fucking weird, and kind of blurry.  Really seems like the better idea would have been both for 30$ to me, but, I'm sure all the obsessed RE fans will flock to both games no matter what.  They could probably charge 40$ a piece and get away with it.  Oh well.

#36 Posted by Stonyman65 (2871 posts) -

I really loved RE4, or at least I did during that time in my life. One of those nostalgia things. I might pick it up, that game is worth $20, HD or not.

As for Code Veronica, I hated that game. I think it is the worst in the series, including the Gaiden spin-off and all of those crappy light gun games. NO THANK YOU

#37 Posted by Juicebox (485 posts) -
@RE_Player92:  No , I had a s3 wipeout hd was 20$  and sony gamers tend to embrace and buy hd collections more. All i'm saying is keep that on ps3 where its a success. Most people won't fall into buying  a game they played 3 years ago for 40$
#38 Posted by ChristianCastillo (1162 posts) -
@RE_Player92 said:

@Juicebox

@benjaebe:
Maybe SONY gamers are used to that. But here on xbox land you can nab yourself great games for 15$

Excuse me, what? I have no clue what you are saying. Did I just fall for a troll?

lol SONY gamer noob
#39 Posted by Skullo (646 posts) -
@supermike6 said:
I have Resident Evil 4 for the Wii, and I think that was 50 bucks, so this sounds pretty reasonable to me.   Though I've never actually played Resident Evil 4 past the first town.
BOLDED FOR WRONG.

It was 35 to 40 bucks on the Wii.
#40 Posted by ajamafalous (12152 posts) -

@RE_Player92 said:

@Juicebox

@benjaebe:

I think it's pretty obvious that you did.

#41 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1216 posts) -
@Juicebox: Why do you capitalize all of Sony whenever you type it?
#42 Edited by Juicebox (485 posts) -
@TheVeteran13
idk. Everyone else does it, i assumed it would be disrespectful if i didn't.
#43 Posted by supermike6 (3641 posts) -
@Skullo said:
@supermike6 said:
BOLDED FOR WRONG.  It was 35 to 40 bucks on the Wii.
I didn't actually buy it, my brother did. Thanks for the correction.
#44 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1216 posts) -
@Juicebox: What an odd thing to say
#45 Posted by JohnDudebro (924 posts) -

I have played RE4 like three times through already, on two different platforms. I see no need to play it again.

#46 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

So is the Ps3 version going to have Move Support? That would make sense.

#47 Posted by HistoryInRust (6401 posts) -

Is it bad that I'm okay with this?

#48 Posted by TotalEklypse (1000 posts) -

Pass

#49 Posted by MatPaget (1112 posts) -
@Juicebox: There's plenty of great games for less than 15 bucks on PSN.  

Anyway, I'm a PS+ member, so they'll probably be cheaper for me when they first come out.
#50 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

How much is that in English money?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.