• 88 results
#51 Posted by John (828 posts) -

Thats one nice boxart, too.

#52 Posted by elko84 (1069 posts) -

what's with the watermark?

#53 Posted by bcfish (66 posts) -

holy shit, i can't wait!!!!

#54 Posted by Clockswork (87 posts) -

That is one good looking trailer and one ugly watermark you have there! Seariously, a transparent white box :P? You used to impress me Vinny..

#55 Posted by robbob88 (326 posts) -

Looks really fricken awesome.

#56 Posted by super_machine (1930 posts) -

This is the game Ive been waiting for. Hope its as much fun as RE4.

#57 Posted by Lev_Arris (103 posts) -

Is it just me or am I not seeing much gore?

#58 Edited by President_Evil (185 posts) -

I don't think it's either fair or right to compare this to games such as Left 4 Dead/Gears of War.  It's all in the pacing, and Resident Evil is more about that feeling of dread you get when you're outnumbered and slowly being herded into a corner by the mob.  The truth is, you don't want to move while aiming.  Such an "innovation" would break the flow of the game.  It's not about run 'n gun, it's about plotting out your moves in advance, navigating the masses, and carefully [skillfully] picking off fools when you're in a favorable situation to do so.

It's also about peeing your pants.
tl;dr- Play RE5, love it, pee pants.

#59 Posted by TinoXtreme (300 posts) -

RE5 is looking like an amped up version of RE4. I just wished that the infected in this game would keep running at you and not stop like 5 feet away from you and walk up slowly. Maybe this is just normal difficulty they are showing us, and it will be a lot more challenging when the difficulty is bumped up.

#60 Posted by ocdog45 (675 posts) -

game looks sick. i cant wait.

#61 Posted by Stevokenevo (573 posts) -

I think it could do with movement during shooting.  Seems like holding the flow of your character back for no good reason.

That logo is way too big in the vid.

#62 Posted by Brad (3009 posts) -

@get2sammyb

I was surprised by that in the Kotaku report too (AJ is a she, by the way) -- I didn't notice the two platforms looking markedly different when I tried the PS3 demo. I didn't scrutinize them side by side, though.

Staff
#63 Posted by kornholio360 (280 posts) -

Give it Dead Space controls and I'm sold day one. Otherwise, the Japanese demo completely turned me away from this game. :(

#64 Posted by AutoBarn (80 posts) -

Jesus guys... what's with the super-ugly watermark? Alpha channels Vinny... ALPHA CHANNELS! 

#65 Posted by Hughes (398 posts) -

Hmm... is there a merchant again?

/What are ya buyin?

#66 Edited by jakob187 (21671 posts) -

I love me some RE games, and I absolutely adored RE4.  However...and I don't want to sound like a pessimist about it...but this looked boring as hell.  It just looked like RE4 with a few more enemies, some recoil jiggle, and better graphics.  That's not necessarily a bad thing, but I'm missing the "survival" part of it at the moment.

Nonetheless, I'm still going to play the shit out of the game, so I don't know why I'm even bothering with the bitching.  =  /

Tearhead said:
"Sound effects when you shoot guys sounds amazingly disgusting.  What's up with the giant white watermark Giant Bomb??  It's really obstructive."
I thought the same exact thing!!!
#67 Posted by BoG (5191 posts) -

So, that's RE4 with better graphics.

Count me in.
#68 Posted by giantbombislame (1 posts) -

Ok, I have come to the conclusion that you guys are just copying everything that gamespot has on their site. Every day I go to your site and gamespot's and I always see the exact same thing on your site shortly after I see it on theirs. You even word things exactly the same, like this article. Check out gamespot, do you really expect us to believe it's a coincidence that your site says "resident evil 5:new hands-on impressions and video from capcom's looming horror opus," which is exactly what gamespot's article says which was put up shortly before yours? Whats gives? Are you still working for them or are you getting info from your ex employees or something? If anything, you would think you would get your own material jeff, since they canned you. Even if this is material that everyone in the gaming world has knowledge about and it is your duty to put it out, you would think you would word things differently and put different things up in a different manner than gamespot. It's like the two sites are exactly the same. Dude, cut the cord guys!

#69 Posted by Thrawn1 (1340 posts) -
giantbombislame said:
"Ok, I have come to the conclusion that you guys are just copying everything that gamespot has on their site. Every day I go to your site and gamespot's and I always see the exact same thing on your site shortly after I see it on theirs. You even word things exactly the same, like this article. Check out gamespot, do you really expect us to believe it's a coincidence that your site says "resident evil 5:new hands-on impressions and video from capcom's looming horror opus," which is exactly what gamespot's article says which was put up shortly before yours? Whats gives? Are you still working for them or are you getting info from your ex employees or something? If anything, you would think you would get your own material jeff, since they canned you. Even if this is material that everyone in the gaming world has knowledge about and it is your duty to put it out, you would think you would word things differently and put different things up in a different manner than gamespot. It's like the two sites are exactly the same. Dude, cut the cord guys!"

I can't find anything on gamespot that sounds like: "resident evil 5:new hands-on impressions and video from capcom's looming horror opus."

Is it too much trouble to back up your claims with a link?

#70 Posted by Foxillusion (150 posts) -

That is the most disgusting watermark I have ever seen. It's like a massive cube of ugly.

Come on, guys. Or, Vinny, probably, this is all your fault. Clean that act up son. Christ. That video was utterly painful to watch.

#71 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6299 posts) -

I've been waiting for years for this thing. RE4 was my favorite game of the last generation.

#72 Posted by Mago (129 posts) -

I still wish that the controls were more refined... =O

#73 Posted by DECA555 (400 posts) -

its nearly here! 

#74 Posted by ManMadeGod (1561 posts) -

Me likes the cover art.

#75 Posted by Metamorphic (383 posts) -

I played the RE5 demo... somehow ;) and I really don't like the controls, specially after beating and playing Dead Space for a while. Though I played Resident Evil, 2, 3, zero, etc. but never 4.

#76 Posted by kardon16 (80 posts) -

I hate the sound of the bullets penetrating the flesh, it sounds like they are stepping on fruits or some kind of food

#77 Posted by The_Icon (573 posts) -

Cant wait for the demo!

#78 Posted by bwooduhs (1617 posts) -

Good this comes out on my B-day.

#79 Posted by artofwar420 (6289 posts) -

I think I'm gonna freaking love this game, having played RE4 to completion makes me thirsty for more. It's like giving a lion man meat (sounds wrong), this lion is now hungry for this delicious man meat.

#80 Posted by AutomaticSnake (390 posts) -

this game will be ok and nothing more. what they should do is change the name cuz resident evil is dead, this aint the resident evil i used to know. RIP RE

#81 Posted by Gregomasta (1541 posts) -

I don't see a watermark.

#82 Posted by StickyMicky (78 posts) -

i have the 360 demo on CDR and i am hoping that the uk/usa release has slightly different controls, hopefully this is why the demo was supposed to be jap only, but i doubt it :(

#83 Posted by Vigorousjammer (2503 posts) -

how hyped up am I for Resident Evil 5, you ask, Brad?
Well, It's only my number 1 most anticipated game of 2009 so far!!!

#84 Posted by FuzzYLemoN (1600 posts) -

I went to great lengths to burn a ghetto demo disk with the Japanese 360 demo... totally worth it. It has restored my faith in gaming, just like RE4 did.

#85 Posted by I_am_Lono (193 posts) -

I hate the new direction Resident Evil has taken since 4. I've played the demo of 5 and it's just nothing new, it doesn't feel tense or scary at all. RE2 was, and always will be, the best in the series.

I'm not interested in RE5 one little bit.

#86 Posted by Media_Master (3283 posts) -

This game will be great!

#87 Posted by chebba (6 posts) -

sweet

#88 Posted by BlazingWookie (175 posts) -

holy shit

#89 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -

didnt like re4... more than likely wont like this

#90 Posted by ep_driver (446 posts) -

Not too into this. I hate having to shoot things 48 times for it to die, I got enough of that in Far Cry 2.

#91 Posted by ComradeCrash (559 posts) -

Sweet! I loved the demo.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.