Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 6

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 02, 2012

The technically eighth entry in the popular horror series features the return of leading protagonists Leon S. Kennedy and Chris Redfield, along with new character Jake Muller, to combat against the latest B.O.W. manufacturer Neo-Umbrella.

And here... we... go...

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#201  Edited By KaosAngel

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@KaosAngel said:

@Fawkes: Well explain how NeoGAF (the final word on gaming) says the game is great but these other people are saying it sucks. You saying NeoGAF is wrong or these people who played the game?

Clearly there's a disconnect here. Someone didn't get invited to the maybe super secret Capcom party.

You're saying all of NeoGAF got into the Capcaom party or is Capcom teasing invites to GAF users in hopes of stirring up positive praise? I need all of the facts, man.

I think this is the first time I'm excited for a Bombcast. Wanna hear about this drama first hand and hopefully they answer the hard hitting question, what is this maybe real capcom party!

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@KaosAngel: I'm calling bullshit if nobody asks the RE 6 devs about the party invites if that RE 6 podcast actually happens...unless the Capcom party is just that exclusive that even its own devs have no clue.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#203  Edited By KaosAngel

@Colourful_Hippie said:

...unless the Capcom party is just that exclusive that even its own devs have no clue.

This is post-Mega Man Capcom we're talking about.

ninjalegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#204  Edited By ninjalegend

I played the demo, and made it pretty far in Leon's part by just spamming the melee button. Kick, stomp, kick, stomp, repeat. While a bunch of bullets are required to take a zombie down, Leon's Chuck Norris training lets him take them down with one roundhouse and one ground stomp. I used to be horrified at the idea of running out of ammo in RE. While I'm all for insanity in videogames, this just doesn't fit Resident Evil. I think the demo is a fair representation warning myself that this game is not for me.

sthusby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#205  Edited By sthusby

@CrossTheAtlantic: Yes, well done.

takua108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#206  Edited By takua108

Man, nothing makes me giddier than drama surrounding poor (or evenless than perfect) critical reception of the latest entry in a beloved series. It's always my most favorite thing ever.

But I have a message for people who are (hysterically) trying to come up with conspiracy theories as to why RE6 is getting reviewed poorly, and imagine themselves to be a soldier in the trenches of the forums of the Internet, defending their beloved franchise to the death:

If a game being called "Resident Evil" means that it's automatically awesome in your mind, that's great, I'm super happy for you. Embrace that, and enjoy the thing you're spending sixty bucks on! Don't let any reviews from websites and people on the Internet take that away from you.

You don't need to justify your blind love of the series to anyone! They all have different opinions from you, and different tastes and stuff. Just ignore them!

But whatever you do, don't stop and think too hard about why you have blind love for a franchise. Because if you do, you might step back and realize, oh shit, maybe these games aren't the greatest things ever, maybe the company making them really is just feeding off my nostalgia for the previous titles and tricking me into keep on buying them, and maybe, just maybe, you aren't actually having fun playing them.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#207  Edited By Enigma777

Oh KaosAngel. You veep me warm at night.

algertman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By algertman

You people do know D'toid reviews are bought right?

algertman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By algertman

@KaosAngel said:

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@KaosAngel said:

@Fawkes: Well explain how NeoGAF (the final word on gaming) says the game is great but these other people are saying it sucks. You saying NeoGAF is wrong or these people who played the game?

Clearly there's a disconnect here. Someone didn't get invited to the maybe super secret Capcom party.

You're saying all of NeoGAF got into the Capcaom party or is Capcom teasing invites to GAF users in hopes of stirring up positive praise? I need all of the facts, man.

I think this is the first time I'm excited for a Bombcast. Wanna hear about this drama first hand and hopefully they answer the hard hitting question, what is this maybe real capcom party!

NEOGAF! WHERE THE VITA CAN STILL TURN THINGS AROUND!

Vashyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By Vashyron

@takua108 said:

Man, nothing makes me giddier than drama surrounding poor (or evenless than perfect) critical reception of the latest entry in a beloved series. It's always my most favorite thing ever.

But I have a message for people who are (hysterically) trying to come up with conspiracy theories as to why RE6 is getting reviewed poorly, and imagine themselves to be a soldier in the trenches of the forums of the Internet, defending their beloved franchise to the death:

If a game being called "Resident Evil" means that it's automatically awesome in your mind, that's great, I'm super happy for you. Embrace that, and enjoy the thing you're spending sixty bucks on! Don't let any reviews from websites and people on the Internet take that away from you.

You don't need to justify your blind love of the series to anyone! They all have different opinions from you, and different tastes and stuff. Just ignore them!

But whatever you do, don't stop and think too hard about why you have blind love for a franchise. Because if you do, you might step back and realize, oh shit, maybe these games aren't the greatest things ever, maybe the company making them really is just feeding off my nostalgia for the previous titles and tricking me into keep on buying them, and maybe, just maybe, you aren't actually having fun playing them.

I can't help but feel there is a lot of sarcasm in that. I could be wrong, but I feel my sarcasm sense tingling.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9e9473c7960
    deactivated-5d9e9473c7960

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Hector said:

@Mr_Misery said:

I guess I made the right decision not renting this from Gamefly Tuesday.

I made the right decision on renting this from GameFly instead of buying it! I'll try it out and if it is that bad I'll ship it right back to them!

The trailers, demos, and reviews have all confirmed it sucks. Renting a shitty game from Gamefly puts me out of playing something good 3 days minimum. Your stupid reply was pointless.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#212  Edited By TheHT

@Mr_Misery said:

@Hector said:

@Mr_Misery said:

I made the right decision on renting this from GameFly instead of buying it! I'll try it out and if it is that bad I'll ship it right back to them!

The trailers, demos, and reviews have all confirmed it sucks. Renting a shitty game from Gamefly puts me out of playing something good 3 days minimum. Your stupid reply was pointless.

1. Trailers and reviews cannot confirm that a game sucks for an individual. One is a commercial and the other is someone elses opinion. Reviews and demos should inform an opinion about the game, but ultimately cannot confirm that the final product wholesale sucks. Now if you've seen the trailers, demos, and reviews and consequently have no interest in it, so be it, but saying that the trailers, demos, and reviews confirm shit is stupid.

2. Not wanting to take the chance that is sucks depriving yourself of getting something else from GameFly that you're sure you'd enjoy more is completely reasonable.

3. Irony.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#213  Edited By Hector

@Mr_Misery said:

@Hector said:

@Mr_Misery said:

I wasn't trying to go against you... Just stating that I'm happy I rented it instead of buying it. That's up to you if you don't want to rent it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9e9473c7960
    deactivated-5d9e9473c7960

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Hector: Sorry yo

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.