mmtimmytime's Resistance: Jinrui Botsuraku no Hi (PlayStation 3) review

Fun game from the makers of Spyro

I really like Insomniac as a developer. The Spyro games were a cornerstone of my childhood and the Ratchet and Clank games have always been solid as well. Resistance was the first ever game I owned for the Playstation 3 and wow, the graphics and physics of this game are stunning. However, as the box art suggests the whole thing is a very drab grey and brown which gets a bit sickly after a while. The best part of this game is the weapons, though, and that's why I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a good console FPS.

Also the co-op is top notch!

Other reviews for Resistance: Jinrui Botsuraku no Hi (PlayStation 3)

R:FoM "used to be" a good game. 0

This game is one of my favorite FPS games.  Nathan Hale is my favorite character in this game because he plays a major part of the story.  The chimera race comes to invade the region of Europe, spreading around the world from there.  Nathan Hale and his squad is trying to stop the chimeras from taking over the world but throughout the game, Hale is half-chimera and half-human.  However, the chimera part gets worse as the story goes.. it's spreading like a virus and gets the worse out of Hale.  H...

Mediocre story, but solid AI makes a fun challenge throughout. 0

Looks can be deceiving when it comes to the PS3's launch "killer app." At first glance, Resistance looks like a fairly run-of-the-mill space marine shooter with lackluster graphics and a forgettable story. But what emerges (quickly) is an extremely challenging FPS that keeps you engaged not through pretty environments or a riveting plot, but tough fights that often require multiple attempts and different methods of attack to figure out how to survive. The "easy" difficulty is no safe haven -- ...