Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rogue Legacy

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 27, 2013

A "genealogical rouge-lite" that combines elements from "Metroidvania" platformers and roguelike games. Explore the ever-shifting rooms of Castle Hamson as a lineage of knights, with each ancestor's death potentially improving their offspring's chance for success!

Jeff told me to buy it so I did! ;)

07ron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By 07ron

I picked up this game after hearing Jeff talk about it on the Bombcast this week and it's really interesting. I believe this 2 min video giving you the info on Rogue Legacy adds significantly to the conversation here on GiantBomb.

Rogue Legacy - The Wrap

How far has everyone gotten in this game?

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Still only gotten around to beating my first boss in it. The Giant Eyeball. (Oh no, spoilers oooh, aaah)

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I beat it last week. Warning: The earlier bosses are not much compared to the final boss.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Humanity

@07ron: Well! If Jeff told you to jump off a bridge would you?!

..I would..

Tonic7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eujin: Really?! I found the final boss to a real breeze. Beat it in 2-3 attempts, I believe. I found the Dungeon (zone 4) boss to be quite easy, too. Although the later zones are definitely tougher, the bosses at the end were slightly disappointing. I may have also just gotten lucky and rolled paladins and barbarians at the end (my two favorite classes). I finished the game around level 90-93ish. Hooray for NG+!

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still sorta suck at this game, but having a lot of fun with it. It's definitely a "one more run" kind of game, with just enough progress between runs to keep you going, and going, and going... I'd love to say I'll see it through to at least a NG+, but I can't guarantee it. Extremely well made game though.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By reisz

All done with my NG+. My playthroughs were all messed up though. I think I made too much progress early on, upgraded the castle too much too early. The whole thing fell apart and I lost all sense of progress. I'm through it but all my enjoyment came from that first really great run early on.

Progress would have been way more fun if the Enchantress was a shop rather than a dice roll. Too much of it is up to chance, the castle just wasn't enough incentive on it's own. Especially with one too many runs getting within 100 gold of the amount you need to make that next upgrade.

It's a bummer, I get why the game could be great but none of that played out for me. I could have restarted but I knew if I did I wouldn't have come back.

All in all, glad to have supported it, glad I don't need to play it again.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I'm now at NG+3 and have only a few items to get before I S-rank the game and I can put it away for a long, long time.

Totally worth the 30+ hours playing it.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spend 13 hours is the game and countless of good men and women who have died.
    just defeated the 3rd boss. was an awesome run made a little over 45k gold so that was a good run. now i just need to defeat the boss in the lower area before taking on the final boss

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I beat the game in 17 hours, collected all the runes and upgraded quite a lot of the castle, I think I'm done with it now though. It was fun while it lasted but I don't feel compelled to keep playing in NG+.

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Silver-Streak

@tonic7: Zone 4 boss is easy. Just get a spellsword with the fire shield and you're in business. The final boss can be problematic, as unlike the other bosses his attack styles vary a lot. You can simplify the phases by being super safe with a Barbarian or a Paladin, though.

Come to think of it, I may have won with a Spellsword and Fire Shield again, though.

07ron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By 07ron

@humanity: If Jeff held my hand I think I could do anything... :P

Seeing generations of my family slain is tough but makes me determined to see it through 'til the end. The different traits make each run interesting too and I sometimes take the 'gimp' traits just for the lolz :)

I think the game warrants its price-tag for sure.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#13  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I dunno guys, Jeff told me that Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe was a great game of the 5-star variety. He seems like a shifty fellow to me.

In all seriousness, Rogue Legacy is pretty rad.

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i really want this. but i feel that we are just a few week away from a steam sale and i can wait.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.