Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shadow of the Colossus

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Oct 18, 2005

Explore the Forbidden Land as Wander, a young warrior who must slay sixteen Colossi in order to restore the life of a sacrificed maiden.

Favorite Colossi? (Spoiler Alert)

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Red

It's probably the second smaller one you face. Number 14 if I recall correctly. He was the one where he would ram against you and you had to get him to knock down these pillars. It was probably the most thrilling, challenging, and fun boss in that game.

Props to the flying one in the desert. It's just so much fun to chase after it on Agro and then jump on it...man.
    damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By damswedon

the sand worm it was just so epic.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By atejas

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By TheFreeMan

The flying dragon-snake in the desert.

The giant tortoise that would shoot blasts at you (it made such a awesome blur effect and had a great sound effect.....it almost felt like you were in a war)

The knight, because if you were quick enough I think you could bail off the edge of the platform before the dark grabs you. Kind of a lame reason to like a fight, but the battle was interesting the first time around to figure out.

Also, props to the water snake and the first flying one your encounter, more so to the water snake-made me actually feel scared to do something in a game. Swimming in SoTC is a damn ordeal since you can't see what's down there, and anything could be O_o

Coleslaw893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By Coleslaw893

The two flying Colossi, I believe they were numbers 5 and 13. They were easily the most fun and thrilling for me.

chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By chililili

I really liked one of the last ones, he was I believe part-owl and was gigantic. You had to climb the walls to get to small bridges so you fropped fown on him. Also I really liked the very last colossus, (the one who threw fire and had a tornado for a lower body)

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Black_Rose

The one flying in the desert...forgot his name, but man, what an epic battle.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Meowayne

Aeris Velivolus, the flying desert snake, Colossus #13.

Most epic, memorable, brilliantly done, fun to play audiovisual experience that I have ever had. Absolutely stunning.

Damn, every time someone makes a thread about this game I am convinced to go and get a hold of a copy again. But it's so goddamn expensive, and PS2 games look so much worse on 16:9 HDTVs.

Tanuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Tanuki

The Desert Snake (#13), for me, as well.  Riding your horse along side the colossi to jump off onto the "wings" was sooo epic.

RipTheVeins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By RipTheVeins

I liked #4,#6, and #12? (the water one with projectiles) since they had the most personality when they would search for you, and I actually kinda felt bad for killing 4 since he came across as innocent and playful :(

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By TheGreatGuero
    atejas said:
    "
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    "
    Well, you just summed up my two favorites, in precisely that order. Good job.
    Rio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Rio

I dont think I could pick a favorite to be honest., they were all so well designed that I never felt one overshadowed any of the others. 

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By danielkempster

After playing through the game for a third time over the last few days, I can confirm that the thirteenth colossus is certainly my favourite. Epic is the only word capable of describing that fight, although I think even that description may fall short.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
    Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I loved the bird one in the big water level, just because of the initial "how the hell am I possibly going to get on this thing?".  In actually it was the easiest of them all for me, but it was a cool first sight.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.