Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Apr 19, 2007

This expanded edition of Persona 3 adds additional content and a continuation of the original game's storyline.

P3:FES Coming to PSN

• 123 results
    andriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By andriv

@SMTDante89 said:

Well the store updated a bit earlier today, so this is available right now.

a troll?

andriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By andriv

@andriv said:

@SMTDante89 said:

Well the store updated a bit earlier today, so this is available right now.

a troll?

downloading!!

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#103  Edited By shadows_kill

Buying it a 2nd time! I really hope this means they will release 4 on PSN too.

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#104  Edited By phantomzxro

man i don't know what to do i have P3P and the ps2 P3 fes, but it would be nice to just play it on the ps3 without switching to the ps2.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#105  Edited By Phatmac

I BOUGHT THIS! DOWNLOADING IT NOW! YAY!

FunkyFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By FunkyFox

Downloading now. I have P3P but always wanted to play a version that kept cutscenes and the the town intact. Besides, my P3P file has a level 99 character with capped money, etc, and I don't have the mental fortitude to not New Game+ when I start a new game.

delorean99947

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By delorean99947

@TheWyotee93: Same here. I was debating to buy this, but I decided i'd just continue P3P on my Vita.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By strainedeyes

Downloading this now. My only experience with Persona is the Endurance Run, so I'm excited to get into this.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#109  Edited By Skald

This is great news. After I finish P3P with the female protagonist, I'm retiring my PSP for good.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#110  Edited By Hector

Downloaded and started playing...man this is awesome.

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By vikingdeath1

@AndrewB: Oh jesus you can't control your party members in the Ps2 version? I started playing P3P (after watching the ER) cause a friend of mine suggested it, and hell its a fantastic game, but the lack of actually seeing 3D models of the characters sorta takes a bit outta the experience, and it was the main reason I REALLY wanted to play FES..... but the less refined combat system....... Boy what a trade-off, which do you prefer?

The_Drizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By The_Drizzle

Any update on how the port to the ps3 is?

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#113  Edited By landon

@shadows_kill said:

Buying it a 2nd time! I really hope this means they will release 4 on PSN too.

I doubt they would do that, because it would conflict with The Golden for Vita.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#114  Edited By landon

@vikingdeath1 said:

@AndrewB: Oh jesus you can't control your party members in the Ps2 version? I started playing P3P (after watching the ER) cause a friend of mine suggested it, and hell its a fantastic game, but the lack of actually seeing 3D models of the characters sorta takes a bit outta the experience, and it was the main reason I REALLY wanted to play FES..... but the less refined combat system....... Boy what a trade-off, which do you prefer?

Your AI partners in P3 are incredibly smart. They will, like you, try to find the enemy's weakness and they will constantly exploit it when they find it. If an attack just gives the enemy more life or straight up doesn't work, then they will never use that attack on that enemy ever again. There are also a bunch of tactics options if you want to tweak what they do.

I've played RPGs before and the non-controlable partners in P3 work really well. I actually really liked that part of P3, no other game does that.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#115  Edited By AndrewB

@vikingdeath1 said:

@Landon said:

Your AI partners in P3 are incredibly smart. They will, like you, try to find the enemy's weakness and they will constantly exploit it when they find it. If an attack just gives the enemy more life or straight up doesn't work, then they will never use that attack on that enemy ever again. There are also a bunch of tactics options if you want to tweak what they do.

I've played RPGs before and the non-controlable partners in P3 work really well. I actually really liked that part of P3, no other game does that.

Since this is true, and it never really becomes too big of a problem because the game is designed around the fact that you don't control your AI party members, I really prefer playing FES (just look up the Marin Karin meme later and have a laugh). Traversal might take longer, generally, but it's more fun. Even the "dungeon" sequences are better rendered in FES. You just lose so much of the charm when you have to describe character actions in words rather than the goofy animations.

But you still miss out on the entire female main character plot, which has drastically different S-Link options. That might be more interesting for someone who's already played the game and is looking for something new, but it's still tough to miss out on going back to FES.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#116  Edited By jacdg

If I've never played a Persona game, would I be able to play this without too much trouble? I watched the Endurance Run I really liked the style, but how is the difficulty curve, and how much grinding is neccecary.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By McShank

@AndrewB said:

@Hailinel said:

To all that buy this game and play it for the first time through PSN:

Avoid The Answer like the plague. It is a miserable experience that ignores a large portion of what makes Persona 3 so great. The Journey is all you really need to play.

Yeah, this is my response. I've only ever watched a The Answer playthrough on Youtube because I realized right off the bat that it was... lacking...

I wish they'd combine P3P with FES to make the ultimate Persona 3 experience. Neither is perfect, but together they're better than Persona 4.

you do understand that p3p is the same as persona 3 on disk but with the custscenes taken out.. Fes just adds "The Answer" to the game. honestly there is nothing missing from p3:fes and the aspect of using the female heroine vs the original guy is not something that will make it better. The answer is only for those who have beat the journey and played all they can of it as it just adds differences to the game that are not good unless you have played the original part first.

upwarDBound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By upwarDBound

@JacDG said:

If I've never played a Persona game, would I be able to play this without too much trouble? I watched the Endurance Run I really liked the style, but how is the difficulty curve, and how much grinding is neccecary.

From what I recall it's not very difficult. I don't really remember grinding and I didn't have any problem with the fights. Nocturne on the other hand...

The_Drizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By The_Drizzle

BUMP, has anyone dl'd it on PSN? How is the quality?

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#120  Edited By Phatmac

@The_Drizzle said:

BUMP, has anyone dl'd it on PSN? How is the quality?

Okay Port, saw some bugs like coffins blinking, but other than that it is good so far. I'm on the third full moon.

Cootsnoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Cootsnoop

@rjayb89: I fucking love your honesty.

Sploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Sploder

While I agree that The Answer is a miserable slog to play through, the story content is worthwhile. I thought the ending in the main game was perfect on it's own but I really liked what they added to the ending. Anyway yeah P3 FES is a fantastic game that everyone here should play. I'll probably DL it even though I already own P3P and FES :p

Also for those Europeans here who don't know, Ghostlight are bringing The Digital Devil Saga games to PSN as well as releasing Devil Survivor Overclocked and Devil Survivor 2 later in the year.

BrainSonata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By BrainSonata

Got really excited this thread would be about a long awaited EU release of this in PSN but nope, someone just necro'd a 3 month old thread :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.