Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Nov 01, 2009

Persona 3 Portable is an enhanced port of Persona 3 for PSP. New features include an additional female protagonist as well as certain gameplay adjustments introduced in Persona 4.

Protaganist fight.

blueman90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By blueman90

I just wanted to know if people thought it might be cool in future persona games to allow you to fight the previous games Protaganist. 

Thank's for your time! 

P.S. TWO Charlie tunokus! Is your mind blown?
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By Catolf

Unno..

there would have to be a reason for the cross fight..

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By iamjohn

I have often thought someone should make a Power Stone-style SMT crossover fighting game.  Then I could do my dream match of Chie vs. Akihiko!

masterherocard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By masterherocard

I know of at least a couple other games that bring back previous iteration's characters for bonus fights.  
    It probably wouldn't make any sense (or at least wouldn't be imporatnt) story wise, but i don't doubt they ould do it.
    blueman90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By blueman90
    @Catolf said:

"Unno..  there would have to be a reason for the cross fight.. "

It could just be an easter egg, but a reason would be good.
    jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

If you mean like a hidden boss fight like fighting Elizabeth in persona 3, then sure. 

Have them use their ultimate Persona;  Izanagi-No-Okami for Souji (P4) and Messiah for Minato (P3). 

Although, I can't see them finding a way to explain it.

ZeroRegistry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ZeroRegistry

Yeah, it could only really work as a secret boss battle or something... I don't know how you'd work that into a story.   

I think Digital Devil Saga (1 or 2, I can't remember) had something along these lines, what with the protagonist from Nocturne being a secret boss.

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

#8  Edited By Pepsiman
    @ZeroRegistry: Yeah, you could fight Nocturne's protagonist in a New Game Plus run of Digital Devil Saga 1. That's probably the one that makes the most sense plot-wise, given certain revelations made about that game's world in the opening hours of the sequel. If my memory is also correct, Raidou Kuzunoha replaced Dante in a special edition of Nocturne released exclusively in Japan to commemorate the release of the second Devil Summoner game on the PS2 as well.

@iAmJohn: I've had similar ideas about an SMT-based fighting game myself. It's naturally not the most intuitive genre shift for that series, but it would be interesting to see if a predominantly RPG-making development house like Atlus could actually pull it off well. And speaking of Chie vs. Akihiko:

No Caption Provided
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By FluxWaveZ

No Caption Provided
    Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Pepsiman
    @FluxWaveZ:  That picture needs Koromaru and then the game would be golden. Smash Bros. has Jigglypuff; the least an SMT fighting game could do would be to have some love for its own furry friend.
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By iamjohn
    @Pepsiman Since you better believe that I've been thinking about how this would work something fierce, the idea I've been working with so far is that the game would basically just be a more stat-heavy Power Stone - simple one or two button physical attack, directional based combat system, plus a skill attack button you can use at any time (instead of needing to get powered up like in Power Stone), tied to a recharging stamina bar below your health.  The idea I've been thinking of is you get three skills - one keyed to tapping the skill button that uses a small amount of SP, a hold-the-button skill that uses a lot of SP, and a super physical that uses health.  And where the stats come in is they dictate your strength, endurance, total HP, how quickly stamina recharges, etc.

Also: that is so becoming my new wallpaper on my laptop.
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @iAmJohn said:
    " I have often thought someone should make a Power Stone-style SMT crossover fighting game.  Then I could do my dream match of Chie vs. Akihiko! "

"Splendid idea, old fellow!
    donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#13  Edited By donutfever
    @Pepsiman said:
    " @ZeroRegistry: Yeah, you could fight Nocturne's protagonist in a New Game Plus run of Digital Devil Saga 1. That's probably the one that makes the most sense plot-wise, given certain revelations made about that game's world in the opening hours of the sequel. If my memory is also correct, Raidou Kuzunoha replaced Dante in a special edition of Nocturne released exclusively in Japan to commemorate the release of the second Devil Summoner game on the PS2 as well.

@iAmJohn: I've had similar ideas about an SMT-based fighting game myself. It's naturally not the most intuitive genre shift for that series, but it would be interesting to see if a predominantly RPG-making development house like Atlus could actually pull it off well. And speaking of Chie vs. Akihiko:

No Caption Provided
    "
    Not Teddie VS. Shinjiro?
    Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Pepsiman
    @DonutFever: I'd be down for that, too, but as far as I know, there's no awesome fan art of those two sparring, so Chie and Akihiko have to suffice for now. I apologize.
    donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By donutfever
    @Pepsiman said:
    " @DonutFever: I'd be down for that, too, but as far as I know, there's no awesome fan art of those two sparring, so Chie and Akihiko have to suffice for now. I apologize. "
    Oh, after that great Man Drinking Alone and Elizabeth fan-fic, I thought you made this.
    InTheEnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By InTheEnd

I don't even know if all the Persona games take place in the same universe. Sure there's always cameos and easter-eggs but if the two games are not canonically related; then I don't think there could ever be a good reason for the protagonist's to fight.

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Pepsiman
    @DonutFever: Nah, but I wish I had. Although I have very slight artistic streaks in me from time to time, I can't remotely do anything like that. As you might have noticed with the Man Drinking Alone fanfic, writing is typically my game these days.

Unless you count zany notebook sketches of Japanese cats doing old-timey dancing and whatnot. But that's done more to spite my lecturers than anything else.

No Caption Provided
    donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By donutfever
    @Pepsiman said:
    " @DonutFever: Nah, but I wish I had. Although I have very slight artistic streaks in me from time to time, I can't remotely do anything like that. As you might have noticed with the Man Drinking Alone fanfic, writing is typically my game these days.

Unless you count zany notebook sketches of Japanese cats doing old-timey dancing and whatnot. But that's done more to spite my lecturers than anything else.

No Caption Provided
    "
    Of course those count. In fact. they count for everything.
    donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By donutfever
    @eroticfishcake said:
    " @iAmJohn said:
    " I have often thought someone should make a Power Stone-style SMT crossover fighting game.  Then I could do my dream match of Chie vs. Akihiko! "

"Splendid idea, old fellow!
    "
    You have no idea how long I've been staring at that pic.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.