Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

I don't know what to do!!

lemon360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By lemon360

Before the endurence runs i was thinking of getting P4, so i watched all of them up until now and i'm seriously considering getting it, but the ER spoiled so much and if i play the game it will be like sitting through 10 hours of the same shit that i've already seen. And the vids are really good and i enjoy watching them, but what would be the point of playing the game if i'm gonna watch all the battles/bosses/story develpoemnt before i actually get there? So should i get the game that so much has been ruined or should i just continue watching ER? Fucking GiantBomb, putting me in this predicament.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Just get the game.

lemon360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By lemon360

Do you have the game? and if u do do you still watch the endurence run? That would be wasting about 30 minutes each day

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#4  Edited By LordAndrew

Get the game. You'll still be able to tackle quests and Social Links that they won't do due to the nature of their playthrough; and it shouldn't take too long to pass them, especially since you already know some strategies.

ChrisTaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By ChrisTaran

I've played the game, and watching the ER now, and have started a second playthrough thanks to it.
    If you're really concerned with spoilers, trust me they aren't even half way through the game yet. You could easily stop watching now, start playing, and get a bit ahead of them and watch the parts of the game you've already played through to get their take.

That's what I'm doing with my 2nd playthrough at least.  Works well for me!

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By endaround

They are only about 25-30% through the game (if that) so there is a lot left to experience.

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By weltal

I played through the game before the ER and am currently playing it again with the ER. It's a great game. Really, it's up to you to decide if the spoilers ruin the game for you.

WasteBasket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By WasteBasket

I bought the game immediately after the I LOOOVE THEM BAAAAALLS part and ended up beating before they got to the second dungeon. After I beat that I bought P3 and I'm about halfway through that.  It isn't too hard to catch up to them since normally they play for about 30 minutes on average.

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

#9  Edited By Pepsiman

The nice thing about playing through Persona 4 is that the Social Links, scheduling system, and whatnot make it a game which can be easily tailored to your own personal tastes and what you want to experience. I guarantee you that Vinny and Jeff haven't remotely seen everything there is to see both in the story and just in the gameplay in general and they most certainly will still be that way even by the end. I say just get the game and play it how you want. There are so many nooks and crannies to delve through that your experience with the game will differ from theirs pretty quickly.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.