Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

Lucifer, Satan, wtF?

• 119 results
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#101  Edited By CL60

Yeah and you sure got me like you apparently think you did.

Oh noes, he called me a jackass for saying a joke and responding to somebody being a jackass about it. My worlds come crashing down.

Lets take a look at this. 

I make a joke saying whats so bad about satan gods killed more than him, somebody comes back at me saying I'm wrong because satan never killed anybody or something, I give him the 10 people Satan killed, that's not good enough for him because apparently "the words have been twisted" So than you come in and call me a jackass. Then continue being a jackass through the rest of your posts. Hmmm. Very interesting.

General_D23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#102  Edited By General_D23

@Tarsier said:

"What a beautiful thread.  Well done Giantbombers! "

@Muttinus_Rump said:

"@CL60: Haha, see ya. My work here is done.

@Tarsier: Aint it just... "

Indeed. Trying to reason with the guy is like trying to talk to a brick wall. I apologize to everyone for derailing the topic. Now, let's get back to what we were talking about.  

As has been said, and after I did some more looking into, Persona 3 really was a type of modern Messiah story. Saving the world from itself, the whole Answer epilogue, defeating death. Atlus used the two in P3 too, so I really don't think it's anything beyond artistic reasons.

General_D23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By General_D23
    @Tarsier said:
    "Cool. I kind of came to that conclusion as well after more research, but I have no trouble with keeping my stance that the people who made Persona are creepy bastards. =p "

I can't really disagree with you there. :)
    GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#104  Edited By GalacticPunt
    @CL60 said:
    " @Muttinus_Rump said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @Muttinus_Rump said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @General_D23 said:

" @CL60: And who tried to start a flame war? The very FIRST response you made in this thread is obvious flamebait. He was completely within reason to post the respones he made to you.    "

It's called a joke.(regardless of it being true) Go cry about it to somebody who cares. "
    Jesus Christ dude, stop being a jackass. "
    No, if somebodys arguing with me over something completely and utterly pointless and being a jackass about it, I'm coming right back at him. "
    Yes, because being a jackass right back to someone is a great way to prove a point. "
    Wow...I'm done talking to everybody in this topic,   

"You lie!" 

*For the record, Joe Wilson is a douche-nozzle and would fit right in as a poster to this thread.
    _Nuno_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#105  Edited By _Nuno_
    @ArchScabby said:
    " Satan gets a bad rap.  He's never killed anyone or broken the law, so wha'ts everyone's problem with him anyway.  Jeez. "
    You know who gets a bad rap? Pedofile Asian Satanists... Yeah...
    ZettaSlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#106  Edited By ZettaSlow
    @_Nuno_ said:
    " @ArchScabby said:
    " Satan gets a bad rap.  He's never killed anyone or broken the law, so wha'ts everyone's problem with him anyway.  Jeez. "
    You know who gets a bad rap? Pedofile Asian Satanists... Yeah... "

I hear pedophile asian satanists made Persona 4. It's pretty hardcore.
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#107  Edited By ajamafalous
    @TheMustacheHero said:
    " @Tarsier: Meh, I should perhaps. But I do think your thread was sort of "uber christian". This is basically what you were saying in your original post "THIS GAME HAS SATAN AND LUCIFER IN IT!  ANYONE WHO PLAYS IT ARE SATAN WORSHIPERS" "
    The vibe I got as well.
    vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#108  Edited By vaiz

This topic was dumb and OP should feel dumb.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#109  Edited By Hailinel

True story:  I got Satan as a fusion accident and he ended up inheriting Rakunda and Mediarahan.  Dude was my main Persona for pretty much all of December and the True Ending.  So awesome!

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#110  Edited By Hailinel
    @Tarsier said:
    " Does anyone else find that Lucifer and Satan are in this game with the titles "Seeker of Truth" and "Judge" a little bit disturbing?  Do we have a bunch of creepy pedofile asian Satanists possessing Jeff and Vinny's minds?? "
    And on a more serious note, I find nothing disturbing about this except your willingness to label the developers of the game as pedophile Asian Satanists.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By ryanwho

Im more impressed by their ability to summon their spectral forms and inhabit the minds of others. I had no idea pedofile asian Satanists could do that.

kuwabaratheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#112  Edited By kuwabaratheman
    @Turambar said:

" @Tarsier said:

Do we have a bunch of creepy pedofile asian Satanists possessing Jeff and Vinny's minds?? "

You know, when you try to paint a game development group as creepy pedophile satanists that somehow has the ability to "possess" others because of the appearance of symbolic religious icons that appear in a game filled with analogous from various religions and myths, I'd think you would expect others to have a much lesser view you... That said, while people are discussing religion on a more civil level, I'd like to for some thoughts on another issue.  Specifically, the idea that Satan/Lucifer/whoever "reigns in hell".  It's been quite awhile since I read the bible, but I do remember hell being a place of eternal punishment, not just for men who are not fit to enter heaven, but Lucifer and his fallen angels as well.  In that sense, wouldn't it be a more accurate view that hell is but another part of God's domain, and if Lucifer has a plane of existence where he is a ruler, it'd be Earth? "
    I'm far from an expert, so it may well go back much further than this, but the concept exists at least as early as Milton's Paradise Lost, in which Satan gives his famous speech where he says "Better to reign in Hell, then serve in Heav'n"

I'm unsure if he is actually the originator of the concept of Satan reigning in hell, or if it had been accepted as part of Christian dogma before Paradise Lost, but there are many accepted aspects of the faith that do originate from Milton's work.
    Mistral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#113  Edited By Mistral

This thread is another shining example of why we need classes teaching people what various religious texts actually say as opposed to the popular interpretations/misconceptions of them. The sound from the "wait, really?"s at the revelation that satan is not lucifer is not the antichrist is not the serpent from the garden of eden(and none of them are the devil, because there is no devil mentioned in the bible(as far as I remember; lots of demons mentioned, but nothing about "the devil")) alone would be loud enough to be heard from alpha centauri. And just think of the eyes buldging out when people realized that the bible has two seperate-but-similar creation stories stuffed together back-to-back. Or when they realized the completely different angles the four gospels take on Jesus' life(Matthew is really, really, REALLY concerned with making Jesus fit all the Old Testiment criteria for being the messiah, for instance).

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#114  Edited By AuthenticM

Rule #1 when posting in forums: Do not feed the trolls.

Rule #2: Do NOT feed the trolls.

GHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#115  Edited By GHT

all the personae are from some sort of mythology, you just don't recognize most of them.

you can read about them here

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#116  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @GHT said:
    " all the personae are from some sort of mythology, you just don't recognize most of them.

you can read about them here "
    There's information on the different mythology associated to every Persona when you go in the compendium in the Persona games, also.
    SilvarusLupus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By SilvarusLupus

Satan was in DDS 2 as a sub-boss. Lucifer was the final boss in Nocturne (for the true demon ending, I think). 
    I still don't know what everyone is whining about. . .Maybe being an atheist helps.

Urmean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#118  Edited By Urmean

This thread, great googily moogily.

Relax bros, and let's have a polite discussion of religious origins over some tea.

Shibbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Shibbles

Not to mention that all of the Personae of the Justice (I believe) Arcana are named after the rank of angels in Catholicism.

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By jeffgoldblum

Its a game about summoning demons. What did you expect?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.