Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Silent Hill HD Collection

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Mar 20, 2012

The second and third Silent Hill games come to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in Silent Hill HD Collection with new high-definition graphics and voice acting.

Silent Hill HD Collection Delayed into March

lockeyness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By lockeyness

Joystiq reported that retailers were pushing the date back to March 6th, 2012. Konami has since confirmed that the title will be delayed at least until then saying, "[the] Silent Hill HD Collection release date has been changed. The game will now be released in March. We will be sending out definitive dates on all three Silent Hill games later this week."

Slightly upsetting since I was looking forward to playing through Silent Hill 2 and have never played the third, especially considering that January is bone dry now when it comes to releases.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Meowayne

Aw. ;_;

Well, they did recently manage to finally find Heather Morris, the last missing piece in the voice remake debate. So who knows, maybe they'll use the time to add in SH3's original voices too.

Or they just don't think it can stand on it's own and want to release it side by side with Downpour. In which case Fuck You, KoA.

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By benjaebe

You're killing me Konami. I've been waiting for this forever!

@Meowayne said:

Aw. ;_;

Well, they did recently manage to finally find Heather Morris, the last missing piece in the voice remake debate. So who knows, maybe they'll use the time to add in SH3's original voices too.

Or they just don't think it can stand on it's own and want to release it side by side with Downpour. In which case Fuck You, KoA.

Holy shit did they really? As far as I know that was the last VA they needed to find to have SH3 signed off on, so maybe they'll be able to include the original VA after all. That would be wonderful.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Meowayne

Yep, not too long ago. There is even an interview with her somewhere on Silent Haven, I think.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By kingzetta

aw they want to tie it in with downpour

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By xyzygy
    @Lockeyness said: 

Slightly upsetting since I was looking forward to playing through Silent Hill 2 and have never played the third, especially considering that January is bone dry now when it comes to releases.

Don't get your hopes up for 3. It's insanely short, dull, has a completely ineffective and annoying villain and the protagonist is just blah. And there aren't really any decent plot twists.  

The first time I played through it (PC version), it took me 5 hours and 50 minutes. I remember that exactly because I was so fucking disappointed. I had huge expectations coming from SH2, one of the greatest games created. 
    Avatar image for xtrememuffinman
    Xtrememuffinman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Xtrememuffinman

Doesn't Downpour come out in March too? Sales cannibalization?

Also, SH3 is definitely the creepiest one. SH2 has the best story, but I also found it kinda dull compared to 1 and 3 in the scares department. The story isn't that great, but it's still a great game, and the last great Silent Hill. Hopefully Downpour bucks the trend though.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kingzetta
    @Xtrememuffinman said:
    Doesn't Downpour come out in March too? Sales cannibalization?  Also, SH3 is definitely the creepiest one. SH2 has the best story, but I also found it kinda dull compared to 1 and 3 in the scares department. The story isn't that great, but it's still a great game, and the last great Silent Hill. Hopefully Downpour bucks the trend though.
    well everything but the combat actually looks really good in downpour. That combat looks really awful sadly.
    lockeyness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lockeyness

@xyzygy: That's a real bummer. Surely it can't be any worse than Homecoming, though, right?

@kingzetta: I guess it must be staying true to the series!

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kingzetta
    @Lockeyness said:

@xyzygy: That's a real bummer. Surely it can't be any worse than Homecoming, though, right?

much worse
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#11  Edited By Yummylee

@kingzetta said:

@Lockeyness said:

much worse

Wait, Silent Hill 3...? You're talking about Silent Hill 3? You're saying that Silent Hill 3 is ''much worse'' than Homecoming? But... what... I don't...

I mean reeeeeally now?

Silent Hill 3 is a great Silent Hill game and is easily the scariest of the lot; the story doesn't give as much psychological depth, but it ties in pretty well with the Alessa storyline introduced with the original. Also Heather's awesome. She has a lot of charisma and personality to her, and she's voiced very well, too.

Unlike SH2, Silent Hill 3 also plays a lot better, too. So there's that. It doesn't have the same breadth with its story and it doesn't contain a million and one underlying themes, but that doesn't stand in the way of it being a solid entry in the series. Also it is much better than Homecoming, which I still thought was decent, and anyone professing it to worse is speaking crazy talk.

EDIT: Oh, and the soundtrack's brill, but that kinda goes without saying for any Silent Hill game I guess.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kingzetta
    @Abyssfull said:

@kingzetta said:

@Lockeyness said:

much worse

Wait, Silent Hill 3...? You're talking about Silent Hill 3? You're saying that Silent Hill 3 is ''much worse'' than Homecoming? But... what... I don't...

I mean reeeeeally now?

No I was saying downpours combat looks much worse than any other Silent Hill game.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Yummylee

@kingzetta:

Oh, well considering that you clearly misunderstood who he was replying to about what, it was an easy mistake to make - unavoidable even =X

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#14  Edited By cornbredx

Its cool, I can wait. I have them all on my PS1, PS2, XBOX, and PC (various) already. I hope the HD- ification is cool and all but I don't suspect it will do much more then make it look right on modern day TVs and even then it's still a gamble it will turn out ok. 
    Don't get me wrong, I'm getting it, but I can wait.  

Oh and you peeps saying SH3 had no big revelations- that moment with Vincent. Are you kidding me? That was huge!

Also, just cus its been mentioned I really hope downpour is awesome and goes back to what makes SH great- that being psychological horror.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kingzetta
    @Abyssfull said:

@kingzetta:

Oh, well considering that you clearly misunderstood who he was replying to about what, it was an easy mistake to make - unavoidable even =X

This is why you don't jump into the middle of conversations
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By xyzygy

I just looked the game up and apparently the PC version was plagued with terrible controls. I plaed it on PC so I found the whole experience extremely annoying. I'll definitely play through it again and this time on a big TV with better controls so maybe my opinion of SH3 will change.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Yummylee

@kingzetta said:

@Abyssfull said:

@kingzetta:

lol no, this is why you should read who's replying to whom before then replying to them. It's your own fault for getting your replies mixed up.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kingzetta
    @Abyssfull said:

@kingzetta said:

@Abyssfull said:

@kingzetta:

lol no, this is why you should read who's replying to whom before then replying to them. It's your own fault for getting your replies mixed up.

No I said downpour had bad combat then Lockeyness said  " I guess it must be staying true to the series!"
    then I said "much worse". Then you ran in and said "you hate SH3?!?!?!? raaaaaaage"  There you have it,  you are wrong I am right. good day sir.
    lockeyness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lockeyness

@Abyssfull: Now I'm conflicted. I'll definitely be playing SH3 when the HD collection (eventually) ships.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Yummylee

@kingzetta said:

@Abyssfull said:

@kingzetta said:

@Abyssfull said:

@kingzetta:

No I said downpour had bad combat then Lockeyness said " I guess it must be staying true to the series!"
    then I said "much worse". Then you ran in and said "you hate SH3?!?!?!? raaaaaaage" There you have it, you are wrong I am right. good day sir.

You said ''much worse'' because you thought he was replying to you with his reply directed at xyzygy about whether SH3 ''surely couldn't be any worse than Homecoming?'' I mean it doesn't make any sense otherwise. You can go with the idea that you did reply ''much worse'' to ''I guess it must be staying true to the series!'' if you want, since each scenario makes you look like a plum all the same.

I know you're now just trying to wriggle out of making yourself look like a tit, but Holy Hitler in Hell just give it up.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By kingzetta
    @Abyssfull said:

@kingzetta said:

@Abyssfull said:

@kingzetta said:

@Abyssfull said:

@kingzetta:

No I said downpour had bad combat then Lockeyness said " I guess it must be staying true to the series!"
    then I said "much worse". Then you ran in and said "you hate SH3?!?!?!? raaaaaaage" There you have it, you are wrong I am right. good day sir.

You said ''much worse'' because you thought he was replying to you with his reply directed at xyzygy about whether SH3 ''surely couldn't be any worse than Homecoming?'' I mean it doesn't make any sense otherwise. You can go with the idea that you did reply ''much worse'' to ''I guess it must be staying true to the series!'' if you want, since each scenario makes you look like a plum all the same.

I know you're now just trying to wriggle out of making yourself look like a tit, but Holy Hitler in Hell just give it up.

Wow you can't admit your wrong. You are the worse kind of person.
    RuthLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RuthLoose

Something in my gut keeps telling me that this HD collection is going to be very difficult to find after the fact. That's not to say I don't think it will eventually become a Greatest Hits title, but that I think Konami is very cheap and unsure just how large their Silent Hill fan base is in 2012.

I'm calling it: a short, quick run followed by months of waiting for supply to catch up with demand.

Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#23  Edited By Manachild

I liked Silent Hill 3. But it has a more shock gore angle than SH2's psychological tone. Its definitely not as good as silent hill 1 and 2 but silent hill 3 has moments that I definitely remember fondly.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By kingzetta
    @Abyssfull said:

@kingzetta: [Post deleted]

Well you have proven the old saying  "assumptions make an ass out you."
    stubbleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By stubbleman

Well, I hate to interrupt this little lover's spat, but I just wanted to say that Silent Hill 3 is as good as or better than 2. It has the best scares and the best puzzles. It has just as much emotional depth if you let it and Claudia is an amazing villain. Everyone has their favorite and that's understandable. But mine is 3 all the way for sure.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By kingzetta
    @Abyssfull said: wow you're getting really mad. especially after I proved you are wrong and you refuse to admit it.
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#27  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I'm not going to lock this thread up because I think it has a chance yet, but silly forum disputes like the one in here don't help anyone. Please try and keep things civil.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I've gone from optimistic to cautiously optimistic, to kind of trying not to care about Downpour. If I keep my expectations as low as possible, it will take the sting off when it comes out and is mostly awful with some great promise and a few cool sequences.

And hey, maybe it's incredible. Maybe it's the greatest game ever made. It's probably the greatest game ever made.

IAmNotBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By IAmNotBatman

Hopefully this means they're not gonna be lazy about it and actually put effort into this.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#30  Edited By Dagbiker

The only silent hill I have ever played was the wii one, shatterd memories. And i loved it. So I'm looking forword to the hd remake as well as downpour. But I know they will be totally diffrent.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By eroticfishcake

While we're here, has anyone heard about an EU release date? I can't seem to find anything on it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@Dagbiker Shattered Memories is an aberration for Silent Hill. Also the far most playable one. Being older games, the older Silent Hills are mired in the idea of permanent losses. There are only so many healing items in the game, so if you play sloppy for a bit or miss something, you can make the game extremely tough on yourself. Or you wind up in those awful immersion-destroying scenarios where you're better off just dying and restarting a checkpoint then progressing with mistakes. Then you see the jumpscare again and know the enemy placements... glad they've found ways around that.

I played those games on easy because there's nothing worse than being at the second to last dungeon and realizing you don't have the resources to finish the game.

At the same time... Silent Hill 1 is incredibly unsettling (and kind of gorgeous for a PS1 game), and Silent Hill 2 is absolutely landmark in storytelling. It actually takes the arbitrary nature of stupid survival horror and makes it a plot point. It's like the BioShock of survival horror.
    lockeyness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By lockeyness

@Dagbiker: I loved Shattered Memories. That game had the most ingenious use of the Wii remote's speaker. Just putting that thing up to my ear sent chills all over every time.

@eroticfishcake: No official word yet on the EU release. Konami may make a statement when they announce those "firm" release dates they were talking about for all three SH titles later this week.

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By benjaebe

On the topic of the HD collection, fuck them for not including Silent Hill 4. That was actually a really great game in my opinion. I mean, the combat was a bit different but it did enough things right that I overlooked some of it's flaws. Plus it had such a brilliant soundtrack.

I think Akira Yamaoka is what I'm going to miss most in Downpour.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By eroticfishcake

@Lockeyness: I'll keep a look out then when they do. Thanks.

lockeyness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By lockeyness

@benjaebe: Right? So strange that they wouldn't include The Room. Or even Origins? Heck, the MGS HD pack included Peace Walker. I'm sure they would've had to pay even more voice actors if they included more games, god forbid.

Didn't get a chance to hear Yamaoka's work in Shadows of the Damned, but he's working on that next Suda game too. Definitely a 180 switch from the subtle creepiness of Silent Hill.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#37  Edited By handlas

@kingzetta said:

@Abyssfull said:

@kingzetta said:

@Abyssfull said:

@kingzetta:

I'm with Abyssfull on this one... maybe quote better friend.

@Lockeyness said:

@Abyssfull: Now I'm conflicted. I'll definitely be playing SH3 when the HD collection (eventually) ships.

SH3 is the 2nd best in the series imo. I played thru it multiple times. It's very good. Vincent is one of my favorite characters in the series.

StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By StrikeALight

@Lockeyness said:

@Dagbiker: I loved Shattered Memories. That game had the most ingenious use of the Wii remote's speaker. Just putting that thing up to my ear sent chills all over every time.

@eroticfishcake: No official word yet on the EU release. Konami may make a statement when they announce those "firm" release dates they were talking about for all three SH titles later this week.

Fuck. I thought they had already scheduled the EU release.

What is with Konami and their late-ass EU publishing? First the Metal Gear HD collection, and now this.

Get with the times, Konami.

lockeyness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By lockeyness

@StrikeALight: @eroticfishcake: Looks like EU will see the HD Collection on March 9th, a few days later than NA.

Konami confirmed all of their Silent Hill release dates earlier today, which coincidentally all ship in March.

StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By StrikeALight

@Lockeyness said:

@StrikeALight: @eroticfishcake: Looks like EU will see the HD Collection on March 9th, a few days later than NA.

Konami confirmed all of their Silent Hill release dates earlier today, which coincidentally all ship in March.

That makes everything better now, and me a little more foolish.

Thanks for the info!

lockeyness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By lockeyness

@StrikeALight: Hey no worries! You guys get shafted enough as it is.

BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#42  Edited By BasketSnake

Better have inverted axis options. YES IT DOES.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.