Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Oct 13, 2011

Spyro and friends are toys come to life in this new 3D platformer from Toys for Bob and Activision.

What franchise do u want to receive the Skylander's treatment?

• 69 results
    jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By jozzy

@awesomeusername said:

You guys are crazy. Why would you want to spend more money to buy things that should already be in the game. You people sadden me these days.

Why should they already be in the game?

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#52  Edited By Video_Game_King
    @Doomed

At the same time?
    TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#53  Edited By TheHT

Warhammer. Make a video game table-top game using the miniatures. Paint your miniatures ingame and play the game online.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#54  Edited By Brendan

Rapelay.

Too easy?

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#55  Edited By lord_canti

starcraft a model a unit ........have the feeling of being over run as you would need a model pre zergling

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By awesomeusername

@jozzy said:

@awesomeusername said:

You guys are crazy. Why would you want to spend more money to buy things that should already be in the game. You people sadden me these days.

I don't know... maybe because I'm already paying $65, yes, SIXTY FIVE DOLLARS!!! on the game and if I want different characters I don't want to have to spend more money because they want to make them into toys that connect to the game and give you content you shouldn't have to buy. Especially since I'm 19, do you honestly think me, or anyone for that matter would want to buy TOYS to unlock content? No. For example, what op said about Hasbro doing this with Transformers. It's like making the game with only Optimus Prime and Megatron as playable characters and saying, 'Hey, you want to play as Jetfire or Cyclonus? Go to your nearest Toys R' Us and buy the collectible little game figurines to use them in this game!'. That's absolutely ridiculous. I could care less about them doing this with Skylanders because Spyro died a long time ago for me. But for people to think this is a good idea to do this with more games is just absurd. As I said, the people who agree with this disappoint me.

@WinterSnowblind said:

I honestly don't understand why anyone thinks this is a good idea at all.

It seems to me that a lot of new users think this is a good idea. The community I knew 5+ months ago would hate this idea.

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By jozzy

@awesomeusername said:

@jozzy said:

@awesomeusername said:

I don't know... maybe because I'm already paying $65, yes, SIXTY FIVE DOLLARS!!! on the game and if I want different characters I don't want to have to spend more money because they want to make them into toys that connect to the game and give you content you shouldn't have to buy. Especially since I'm 19, do you honestly think me, or anyone for that matter would want to buy TOYS to unlock content? No. For example, what op said about Hasbro doing this with Transformers. It's like making the game with only Optimus Prime and Megatron as playable characters and saying, 'Hey, you want to play as Jetfire or Cyclonus? Go to your nearest Toys R' Us and buy the collectible little game figurines to use them in this game!'. That's absolutely ridiculous. I could care less about them doing this with Skylanders because Spyro died a long time ago for me. But for people to think this is a good idea to do this with more games is just absurd. As I said, the people who agree with this disappoint me.

@WinterSnowblind said:

It seems to me that a lot of new users think this is a good idea. The community I knew 5+ months ago would hate this idea.

Did you ever consider you are not the target audience? It's for KIDS. And if you think they'll give you 32 figurines for $65 you are insane. You get 3 figurines to start with and you can finish the whole game. As many reviews said the game is fine (for kids) and the figurines and the tech are cool. I am not a new user I am here a couple of years and a subscriber since the start so don't even go there. And Jeff thought it was pretty cool as well (FOR KIDS) so I am not sure where you are going with the community-changing rant. Consider that maybe you are just whining about a toy that is not meant for you, but is in no way more of a scam or a cashgrab than the majority of toys out there.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#58  Edited By Slaker117
    @BabyChooChoo said:

@Commisar123 said:

Warhammer would be great

This is actually an amazing idea. The figures already exist so all they'd have to do is put chips in them. Then people can play the table top game online. Games Workshop still gets paid and Warhammer fans can literally play whenever they feel like it. Everybody wins.

This was my first thought after watching the quick look. There is already a fanbase that's into collecting figures, and a lot of them are probably into video games as well. It makes too much sense.
    Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#59  Edited By awesomeusername

@jozzy said:

@awesomeusername said:

@jozzy said:

@awesomeusername said:

@WinterSnowblind said:

Did you ever consider you are not the target audience? It's for KIDS. And if you think they'll give you 32 figurines for $65 you are insane. You get 3 figurines to start with and you can finish the whole game. As many reviews said the game is fine (for kids) and the figurines and the tech are cool. I am not a new user I am here a couple of years and a subscriber since the start so don't even go there. And Jeff thought it was pretty cool as well (FOR KIDS) so I am not sure where you are going with the community-changing rant. Consider that maybe you are just whining about a toy that is not meant for you, but is in no way more of a scam or a cashgrab than the majority of toys out there.

Did I ever say I wanted or cared for this game? Nope. No duh it's for kids. I never said it wasn't. If you didn't read my whole statement, I also said 'I could care less about them doing this with Skylanders because Spyro died a long time ago for me.' I could give 2 shits if they do it for kids games because obviously, it's not what I'm into. I said that it's stupid that people think this is a good idea for other games such as Transformers, which isn't a game intended for kids. I obviously am a fan of Transformers so I wouldn't want this stupid idea happening, especially since both Spyro and Transformers are published by Activision. In no way am I whining about this game or this games toys. I'm complaining about the people on this site who think it's a good idea to do with more games. If you even say that this should be done to more games like Pokemon, Super Smash Bros, Transformers, etc., then you're an idiot. The 'new users' comment isn't directed towards you if you've been using this site for years then, but there are people on this thread who commented that are new. If you would like to pay for toys to play video games, be my guest. I don't care, that's you. But because I don't like the idea for this being in other games is my opinion, not yours.

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#60  Edited By selbie

I have to say Pokemon, if only to entice Nintendo / Pokemon Company into hurrying the **** up with a Pokemon RPG.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#61  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@jozzy: Because all of the content is already on the disc. "Scanning" in the figures doesn't magically add them to the game, it reads a bar code and then unlocks them. It doesn't even download anything, it's all literally unlock keys. All the content for the different characters is on the disc and certain areas are completely locked off without buying more. I'm willing to bet that's something the game itself doesn't point out, and I see there being a lot of outrage when parents get wind of this.

I have no problem with kids game, I'm still a big fan of the Lego series and Pokemon, I just object to this, as much as I object to most forms of DLC. It's blatantly a scam that's designed to lure in kids and nothing more.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#62  Edited By Afroman269

POKEMON AND I WILL SPEND ALL OF THE MONEY TO HAVE THEM ALL!

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By jozzy

@WinterSnowblind said:

@jozzy: Because all of the content is already on the disc. "Scanning" in the figures doesn't magically add them to the game, it reads a bar code and then unlocks them. It doesn't even download anything, it's all literally unlock keys. All the content for the different characters is on the disc and certain areas are completely locked off without buying more. I'm willing to bet that's something the game itself doesn't point out, and I see there being a lot of outrage when parents get wind of this.

I have no problem with kids game, I'm still a big fan of the Lego series and Pokemon, I just object to this, as much as I object to most forms of DLC. It's blatantly a scam that's designed to lure in kids and nothing more.

I personally think it means jack shit if content is on the disk or not. You buy a game and it is clear what you get if you buy it. If they put 3 games on one blu ray but just let me play one that's fine with me, as long as it is clear what you are getting for your money. A game is a game and a disk is just one possible medium to play it, nothing more nothing less.

Of course it is designed to sell more toys just like every other collect-em-up, I don't see what's so evil about that as long as the game is good and it's clear what everything costs. If you think this is a scam then you must think magic the gathering or D&D or warhammer is a scam too.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#64  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@jozzy: The collectible figures aren't the problem (although the quality doesn't exactly seem to be great). I'm fine with the Pokemon TCG or Warhammer, etc, with those you're paying for what you get.

The problem with Spyro is that they make it seem like you need the figures to scan into the game so they can be used, and that's simply not true. They're locking off parts of the game, to make you buy very expensive DLC, and I don't think they make that clear at all. I'm pretty sure the majority of parents buying it won't know that's the case.

I'm against games trying to short change everyone with DLC, whether it's Spyro, Pokemon or Batman.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By GunslingerPanda

Medabots.

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By jozzy
    @WinterSnowblind

@jozzy: The collectible figures aren't the problem (although the quality doesn't exactly seem to be great). I'm fine with the Pokemon TCG or Warhammer, etc, with those you're paying for what you get.

The problem with Spyro is that they make it seem like you need the figures to scan into the game so they can be used, and that's simply not true. They're locking off parts of the game, to make you buy very expensive DLC, and I don't think they make that clear at all. I'm pretty sure the majority of parents buying it won't know that's the case.

I'm against games trying to short change everyone with DLC, whether it's Spyro, Pokemon or Batman.

Ok this is going to be my last reply. What you are calling the crux of this thing is actually what makes this thing special wether you agree with it or not. You buy a game and get to play 3 characters and finish it, cool. Wow, i drop a pirate ship on it and i get to instantly go to a pirate level, awesome!! Thats the way i think kids look at it and the parents too. Wether or not that pirate level is on the disk or not is irrelevant, besides making it able to instantly playing it when you drop the toy on it instead of downloading it first. A onlive type instant streaming service would give a similar result. I think kids and parents will be satisfied with the base game, the dock and the 3 characters for 70 dollars and in the end that is whats important, not what kind of extra stuff they developed.

God, you must think i am the publisher or developer of this thing...
    Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#67  Edited By Slag

@Masha2932 said:

For me the Transformers franchise is a perfect fit. Hasbro already has experience manufacturing toys and there are many characters in the universe allowing for a variety in the figurines and in the game. Imagine Optimus, Bumblebee, Megatron figurines.
    The franchise is also really popular at the moment with kids and adults alike. Also TRANSFORMERS ARE JUST AWESOME.

What I'm imagining is a number of games based on the different series from: 1.Generation 1 transformers
    2. Generation 2 transformers
    3. Beast wars
    4. Dinobots
    5.The Michael Bay films etc.

Transformers can also transform(as the name implies). This allows for various modes in the game and the player can even physically transform the car before placing it in the portal and vice versa.Imagine putting a bumblebee figurine in car form then placing it on the portal to get Bumblebee as a car in the game. Removing the figurine then transforming it into robot form allows you to play as the transformed version of bumblebee. The Chips/tags they are using could be on different parts of the figurine depending on their state of transformation.

Big +1 to what you said.

That'd be sick

Valkyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#68  Edited By Valkyr

Pokemon, Warhammer 40k, Warhammer, Persona, Torchlight/Diablo, a MOBA game (Dota,LoL,etc)

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#69  Edited By C0V3RT

I don't know if this has been said already, but I'd love to see the Mutant League sports series get a reboot with the Skylanders treatment. Hear me out.

You could go out and buy signature players (Bones Jackson, Scary Ice, and whatever new other new dudes you can come up with) as the toys. Each signature mutant would have it's own unique stats. You'd pick your team which has it's own name/colors/stadium and whatever, and can have 1 or 2 signature or whatever play on your team which are put into the game through whatever your portal of power equivalent is. You can bribe the ref by dropping a "money" toy on the portal. Get an extra power on a FG attempt... the possibles are endless.

To make it more attractive to the publisher, you make the character unique to the sport. Meaning you could have a Bones Jackson toy for football and a Bones Jackson toy for Hockey (and whatever other sport you decide to do).

Avatar image for ohthejawsoflife
    ohthejawsoflife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#70  Edited By ohthejawsoflife

Garbage pail kids man those kids need to get back in the main stream of things i want to play as frying Brian

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.