The Sniper: Ghost Warrior wiki last edited by BlackLagoon on 04/15/13 03:16AM
View full history
This is the second sniping-dedicated game from City-Interavtive, as a follow up to Sniper: Art of Victory. Sniper: Ghost Warrior is a budget title, originally retailing for 39.99 USD. Its release date was repeatedly pushed back, leading Vinny to question the multiple times it showed up in the 'new releases' section of the bombcast.
A United States Government run Uranium mine has fallen into the hands of terrorists. It is up to Sgt. Tyler Wells and his Delta Force squad to inflitrate the compound and stop a potential nuclear crisis. Snipers are very effective in mines and large industrial areas.
- A ballistic system that takes distance falloff and environmental effects such as wind, fog and rain into account.
- The realistic need to manage your breathing for increased accuracy of shots and to cooperate with your spotter.
- Bullet Cam mode, which will enable you to see your bullets strike the enemy with pin-point accuracy.
- 12-Person multiplayer with 6 maps.
Sniper: Ghost Warrior is an attempt at making a sniping simulator. It goes as far as to not only factor in environmental factors such as rain and wind, but also implements a breathing and heart rate system that affects accuracy.
- One Shot, One Kill
- No Man Left Behind
- Dangerous Grounds
- Take Down the Rigs
- An Alliance to Save Rodriguez
- Weaken the Regime
- On Your Own
- A Simple Rendezvous
- Steal From Under Their Noses
- The End is Near
- The Hunt is On
- Steal From Under Their Noses Part 2
- A Marksman At His Best
- Guardian Angel
- The Showdown
- Seek And Destroy
On August 12th, GAME.co.uk listed that a special edition of Sniper Ghost Warrior was going to be released. While it was not stated what was going to be in this "special edition" it was priced up at a some what discounted £29.99. Closer to it's release date of August 19th it was soon dropped to £19.99. The game was then pushed back to a more generic September 2011 release window.
Included in this "extended edition" of the game are four additional singleplayer maps, a new multiplayer mode (capture the flag), as well as extra two weapons for the games singleplayer.
- OS: Windows® XP (SP3) / Vista™ (SP1) / 7
- Processor: 3.2 GHz / AMD Athlon 64 3500
- Memory: 1GB for XP / 2GB for Vista and 7
- Graphics: Nvidia 6800 or ATI X1650, 256 MB RAM, Shader Model 3.0
- DirectX®: DirectX® 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 6GB
- Sound: Compatible with DirectX® 9.0c