Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Ocean: The Last Hope

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 19, 2009

Star Ocean: The Last Hope is the fourth installment in the Square Enix/Tri-Ace RPG series to be released outside of Japan, and is the fifth game in the series.

Anyone else get this?

Galv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Galv

I just got it this afternoon. About 2 hours in and so far I'm liking it. Combats awesome, have no opinion on the story yet, and the voice acting isn't god-awful, yet.
    Wondering if anyone else bought it and is liking it.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#2  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I bought it, but it's being shipped by Amazon.  Might be another day or two yet.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Diamond

I'm 8 hours in and liking it a lot.  It feels nearly as solid as Tales of Vesperia, but it's more interesting, I feel more captivated.

ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By ttocs

Yeah, Tales of Vesperia is a really good comparison.  But, it doesn't have the same cartoony look and stuff is a little more believable, albeit sci fi...but more realistic looking.  I'm loving the game so far.

JJGIANT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By JJGIANT

Yeah I think I will, although haven't seen any footage of it actually being played but I really want a good rpg to sink my  teeth into

JJGIANT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By JJGIANT

Yeah I think I will, although haven't seen any footage of it actually being played but I really want a good rpg to sink my  teeth into

ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ttocs

I felt the same way.  It's something good to hold you over until FF13 comes out...whenever that will be.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#8  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I'm surprised at the sheer amount of depth to the game.  Collecting and creating alone have sucked up a lot of my time.  I like the story, but I'm not a huge fan of the characters.  They just don't really stand out.  And my other beef is with the sometimes wonky camera angles, though it's never really enough of a problem to ruin the experience.

Overall, I think if you like JRPG's, you'll dig the heck out of this game.  Fun stuff!

Galv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Galv

I'm really surprised with this game, its better than I thought it would be.
    I think I just got to the final dungeon. Combat is still awesome, the story is good but nothing spectacular (IMO), and the voice acting is.... well.... I wish Meracle would die. Honestly I can't stand her voice.

Ouroboros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Ouroboros

I got it, 40 hours in...mid-way through the second disk or so.  I like it so far but the field camera is really annoying since.  Typical roleplay, good story, characters some people will love and hate (battle wise) - I would suggest you pick it up.  Impossible achievements though - more so to 100% the game, I dont see anyone doing it for a very long time.

daz0608

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By daz0608

I'm looking forward to getting this when it finally comes to Europe

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Randolph

No, no one bought this game.  You are the only person on this site who has it.

ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ttocs
    Randolph said:
    "No, no one bought this game.  You are the only person on this site who has it."

Why?  Why would you come into someone's thread and just post useless text?  He asked a legit question...he wants to see if anyone on the forums picked it up and if so, respond...unless you have something positive to add to the thread, don't post.
    circaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#14  Edited By circaender

I'm about 40 hours in.. I love the combat. I feel like there are enough options to keep it interesting. The story is good, but some of the voice acting is comical.

I have been crafting a lot, but not doing many of the side quests you find in towns..im thinking about running through it again though so we'll see. I have
    not been so interested in getting 100% on all the monsters though...most the ones i take the time on give crappy stats on a monster jewl..
    So if anyone knows some good ones, let me know.
    Galv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Galv

I just beat it.
    All in all its an alright game, and I really enjoyed playing it. I will play more (optional dungeons) just to get more of the combat which is trully the games best part. In the beginning I liked the characters but towards the end I started to get really annoyed with every one of them and some of the ending cut scenes were almost painful to watch. Thats just my opinion though. Maybe I will write a review sometime with my entire thoughts.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Karmum

I seem to be the odd man out on this situation, I think the combat is pretty average, maybe even worse. I'm more of a turn-base RPG kind of guy, but I feel this game is too easy, especially when it comes to the combat. I only hope this is the case because I'm only 7 hours in.

Galv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Galv
    Karmum said:
    "I seem to be the odd man out on this situation, I think the combat is pretty average, maybe even worse. I'm more of a turn-base RPG kind of guy, but I feel this game is too easy, especially when it comes to the combat. I only hope this is the case because I'm only 7 hours in."

The combat stays easy throughout the entire game. The only exception being 2 or 3 boss fights and the bonus dungeons.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.