Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Oct 26, 2010

Following the events of the first game, Darth Vader clones a replacement Starkiller, who again rebels against his master.

He´s a clone !!! (The Force Unleashed II plot)

• 56 results
    kingclaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By kingclaw

So after spend 45 minutes watching the new trailer over an over again, I came with some ideas for this game plot to make any kind of sense and make it more interesting:

• This Starkiller is a clone of the one in TFU
    • The game is in the future year after The Return of The Jedi.
    • He´s confused and he´s trying to kill the new order of the jedi.
    • We will see fights against Luke, han solo and his sons.

I wish i could say more but my english is pretty limited, and I dont know much of the saga after the movies. 
    So what are you thought? 
    You like my idea?
     Would you expand them a little more? 
    What other ideas do you have for this game to have a little of sense in the SW canon?
    hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By hatking

I'm not sure how I feel about this game really.  I enjoyed the first one, but I choose to become a good guy at the end, so they killed me.  I'm not sure if that means this is continuing the idea of him being evil and controlling the galaxy or if this is like an alternate reality where he didn't die there and he helps the Rebels fight the Empire.  Really what I'm hoping for is that he didn't actually die there at the end, maybe they will pick it up right at the end there, and he escapes.  Honestly I enjoyed the first one, but I think I'd rather them have used the same ideas with a new character.
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By DystopiaX
    @HatKing said:
    "
    I'm not sure how I feel about this game really.  I enjoyed the first one, but I choose to become a good guy at the end, so they killed me.  I'm not sure if that means this is continuing the idea of him being evil and controlling the galaxy or if this is like an alternate reality where he didn't die there and he helps the Rebels fight the Empire.  Really what I'm hoping for is that he didn't actually die there at the end, maybe they will pick it up right at the end there, and he escapes.  Honestly I enjoyed the first one, but I think I'd rather them have used the same ideas with a new character. "
    well Lucasarts has confirmed that the light side ending is canonical (which is also why the novel adaptation is of the light side), so idk how this'll work.
    Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Brendan

Eh, force unleashed is alright, but i want a combo of jedi knight and FU.  Meaning I would like deeper lightsaber combat and not playing hack and slash with a lightsaber.
    hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By hatking
    @DystopiaX:
    Yeah that is what I heard.  So either this game is either taking place concurrently with the events of the first one, maybe just missions that weren't shown.  I think it can be safe to say that Vader sent this guy out on more missions than were on this game.  Or this game is just completely torn from the fiction of the series and therefore they can go as hogwild and batshit crazy as they want.  I'm kinda thinking them just going totally crazy would be fun to play...
    jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By jkz
    @Brendan said:
    " Eh, force unleashed is alright, but i want a combo of jedi knight and FU.  Meaning I would like deeper lightsaber combat and not playing hack and slash with a lightsaber. "
    Me too. Unfortunately, I believe that TFU has replaced the Jedi Knight series as the star wars action game, disappointing though that may be.
    Burns09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Burns09

Well Vader resurrected Starkiller once, maybe he can do it again?

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Venatio

I just think that its a resurrected version of Starkiller sent to an arena place to fight monsters for other peoples entertainment 

And that it still takes place before the original trilogy

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Venatio
    @HatKing said:
    "
    I'm not sure how I feel about this game really.  I enjoyed the first one, but I choose to become a good guy at the end, so they killed me.  I'm not sure if that means this is continuing the idea of him being evil and controlling the galaxy or if this is like an alternate reality where he didn't die there and he helps the Rebels fight the Empire.  Really what I'm hoping for is that he didn't actually die there at the end, maybe they will pick it up right at the end there, and he escapes.  Honestly I enjoyed the first one, but I think I'd rather them have used the same ideas with a new character. "
    If it was evil Starkiller then he would like like Darth Vader so it cant be like that
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10  Edited By Willy105

Honestly, I have no idea how Lucasarts will handle this story.

@Burns09 said:

" Well Vader resurrected Starkiller once, maybe he can do it again? "

Well, when Vader "killed" him, he did so that he didn't miss any vital organs, he just made him unconscious and passed him off as dead. But the other time, it was the Emperor that outright killed him. No way he survived that.
    Burns09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Burns09
    @Willy105 said:

" Honestly, I have no idea how Lucasarts will handle this story.

@Burns09 said:

Well, when Vader "killed" him, he did so that he didn't miss any vital organs, he just made him unconscious and passed him off as dead. But the other time, it was the Emperor that outright killed him. No way he survived that. "
    I don't know about that, getting impaled in the gut would hit some organs, and the dude was thrown out into space. And he def. was not just unconscious, Starkiller specifically says that vader killed him. He was dead, and then Vader used some fancy sith  alchemy and brought him back to life.
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By toowalrus
    Is there a cannon of things that take plaza after the movies? I had allways heard that Lucas was set on the end of Return of the Jedi acting as the end of the Star Wars sega.
    kingclaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kingclaw
    @TooWalrus: Yes, there is. At least with the novels and comics accpeted for Lucas Arts as canon. Or that´s what I read a Wookiepedia.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By jakob187

Here's what I got from the trailer: 

• It's Starkiller in some fashion
    • There's an internal conflict between the light and dark side of the Force
    • Yoda will be in the game in some fashion as an NPC
    • Starkiller doesn't have that sweet claw that he had in the Tatooine Mission Pack (/cry)
    • You can use dual wield lightsabers (/badass)
    • It's coming out next year

Personally, all of that + "yes, we'll have better controls now that we've learned from our mistakes on the first game" will = jizz in my pants.
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Willy105
    @TooWalrus said:

"

Is there a cannon of things that take plaza after the movies? I had allways heard that Lucas was set on the end of Return of the Jedi acting as the end of the Star Wars sega.
    "
    The stories continue well after Return of the Jedi. However they take place mostly in literature. There hasn't been any visual manifestation of the post-Return of the Jedi stories other than comic books.

@Burns09 said:
    " @Willy105 said:

" Honestly, I have no idea how Lucasarts will handle this story.

@Burns09 said:

Well, when Vader "killed" him, he did so that he didn't miss any vital organs, he just made him unconscious and passed him off as dead. But the other time, it was the Emperor that outright killed him. No way he survived that. "
    I don't know about that, getting impaled in the gut would hit some organs, and the dude was thrown out into space. And he def. was not just unconscious, Starkiller specifically says that vader killed him. He was dead, and then Vader used some fancy sith  alchemy and brought him back to life. "

You can stab somebody well enough to miss organs, the Chinese "Hero" movie did this too. Also, Darth Vader was wounded a HECK of a lot more seriously by Obi-Wan in Episode 3. Being stabbed, thrown into space, only to be secretly recovered by a cargo droid a few seconds later is not as bad as being cut off your legs and falling into lava.
    EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By EvilTwin

I didn't know what to think of it either, but I'm way excited either way.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By EpicSteve

It's interesting that this takes place after Return of the Jedi. But how do we know this is a clone? I know he's supposed to be dead, but you know how characters seem to magically reappear for sequels.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jakob187

What's all this talk about this game being post-Return of the Jedi?  Where the hell are people getting this from?  Can I get some sources?  I'm not that well versed in the Expanded Universe, so I'd like to know what the fuck is going on here!!!

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By EvilTwin
    @jakob187 said:
    " What's all this talk about this game being post-Return of the Jedi?  Where the hell are people getting this from?  Can I get some sources?  I'm not that well versed in the Expanded Universe, so I'd like to know what the fuck is going on here!!! "
    I think people misinterpreted the OP's ideas as facts.  I don't think we know anything about the timeline.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jakob187
    @EvilTwin: There are people after the OP stating this to be truth as well.
    DCFGS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By DCFGS3

TFU2? Sweet, liked the lightsaber and force mechanics (my god the force is beyond rad). Methinks they'll fix the issues the first game had and end up with a good all round game. (like AC2 did). However a BattleFront 3...

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By JJOR64

I just hope this game better then the first one.  I really didn't care for the first one.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#23  Edited By Vinchenzo
    @kingclaw: Your English is limited? What is your native language, then?
    EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By EvilTwin
    @jakob187 said:
    " @EvilTwin: There are people after the OP stating this to be truth as well. "
    Wait, how could it take place after Return of the Jedi?  Yoda and Vader would both be dead.  Even if they both used the ghost form thing to talk to Starkiller, Vader wouldn't be evil at that point.
    kingclaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By kingclaw
    @Vinchenzo: Spanish
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#26  Edited By Vinchenzo
    @kingclaw: Ok. Just wondering.
    kingclaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By kingclaw
    @EvilTwin said:
    " @jakob187 said:
    Wait, how could it take place after Return of the Jedi?  Yoda and Vader would both be dead.  Even if they both used the ghost form thing to talk to Starkiller, Vader wouldn't be evil at that point. "
    Wow, good question? I dont know. Ok that makes my ideas imposibles. so what do you think will happen then?
    EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By EvilTwin
    @kingclaw: No idea.  When I saw this thread I actually assumed someone had leaked that he was a clone because I can't think of any other way that they could bring him back (unless it's a prequel of course). 
    BAMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BAMoney
    Lucasarts says its still inbetween 3 and 4
    IcySandman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By IcySandman

Maybe after TFU Vader and the Emperor said,"Uhh....dump the body into the morgue" and he somehow lived?  Or maybe Vader resurrected him again..

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Demyx
    @EvilTwin said:
    " @jakob187 said:
    Wait, how could it take place after Return of the Jedi?  Yoda and Vader would both be dead.  Even if they both used the ghost form thing to talk to Starkiller, Vader wouldn't be evil at that point. "
    well, we never actually see Yoda or Vader. Maybe he is confused about which side he's on, and Yoda and Vader are just a representation of both sides.
    kingclaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By kingclaw
    @BAMoney said:
    " Lucasarts says its still inbetween 3 and 4 "
    Really?!  What is your source?
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#33  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I don't think he's a clone or anything like that, I think he was just able to survive the explosion. 

Frankly, I felt the games ending was attrocious.. they obviously wanted a way to explain his absence in the original SW trilogy, and ran out of development time to give a decent explanation, so simply chose to randomly blow him up.  Considering he was strong enough to take out Vader and even hold his own against the Emperor, why was he "killed" when neither of them were even scratched?  I don't think it's too much of a stretch to assume he also survived it.  

Hhe didn't exactly look at 100% in the trailer, he was staggering about the hall quite a bit and seem to be struggling to control his powers.  Seems the concept of the game is deciding between the dark (Vader) and the light (Yoda).  Besides the story, I was thoroughly unimpressed by the game..  But I'm willing to give this one a chance.  Let's spend some more time working on the actual gameplay mechanics and not take so many shortcuts with the plot, and perhaps we could have a truely AAA game on our hands.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#34  Edited By jeanluc  Staff
    @WinterSnowblind said:
    Besides the story, I was thoroughly unimpressed by the game..  But I'm willing to give this one a chance.  Let's spend some more time working on the actual gameplay mechanics and not take so many shortcuts with the plot, and perhaps we could have a truely AAA game on our hands. "
    Agreed. The gameplay is what kept the first game from being amazing in my opinion, so if they improve it we could have a really good game here.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @jakob187 said:
    " Here's what I got from the trailer: 
    • It's Starkiller in some fashion
    • There's an internal conflict between the light and dark side of the Force
    • Yoda will be in the game in some fashion as an NPC
    • Starkiller doesn't have that sweet claw that he had in the Tatooine Mission Pack (/cry)
    • You can use dual wield lightsabers (/badass)
    • It's coming out next year

Personally, all of that + "yes, we'll have better controls now that we've learned from our mistakes on the first game" will = jizz in my pants.
    "
    This.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ryanwho

Here's an idea, its part of the new Star Wars universe so its shitty and it doesn't need a reason to be shitty. They wanted a sequel, so the narrow timeline between unimportant event x that preludes the good movies and unimportant even y that preludes the good movie got a new game. Hey as long as the ass fiction doesn't seep into the good movie timeline I'm fine.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ryanwho
    @Demyx said:
    " @EvilTwin said:
    " @jakob187 said:
    well, we never actually see Yoda or Vader. Maybe he is confused about which side he's on, and Yoda and Vader are just a representation of both sides. "
    Or maybe omg moral choices are a fad that every game that's a result of market research and a complete lack of passion just needs to have now. I bet they find a way to make him shoot and take cover.
    kingclaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By kingclaw
    @ryanwho said:

" @Demyx said:

" @EvilTwin said:
    " @jakob187 said:
    well, we never actually see Yoda or Vader. Maybe he is confused about which side he's on, and Yoda and Vader are just a representation of both sides. "
    Or maybe omg moral choices are a fad that every game that's a result of market research and a complete lack of passion just needs to have now. I bet they find a way to make him shoot and take cover. "
     yeah, that would be cool, a mission where Starkiller lose his power and have to go in, disguised as a clone shooting and then taking cover
    Shepard01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Shepard01

My idea even sorta stupid but maybe after he supposedly "died" he actually put himself into a force type coma that gave him the apperance of death and woke up later.
    SHADOWINFINITE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SHADOWINFINITE

He is a clone because when you take the good path he dies. The clone must have been awaken when the original died. I think I know what Happens Do any of you remember the betrayal? If you do you know what I am talking about, if you don't you need to pick up the game before you play the 2nd in 2010. Back to the subject, Darth vader stabs Starkiller etc, he dies, He wakes up in a Cloud city facility etc. Darth vader must have cloned him when he was dead, that must be what happened. And now the Clone is probably trying to full fill the old mission or he might be looking for a thrill. Becoming some deathmatch fighter. Or he might be a bounty hunter.   

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Willy105
    @ryanwho said:
    " Here's an idea, its part of the new Star Wars universe so its shitty and it doesn't need a reason to be shitty. They wanted a sequel, so the narrow timeline between unimportant event x that preludes the good movies and unimportant even y that preludes the good movie got a new game. Hey as long as the ass fiction doesn't seep into the good movie timeline I'm fine. "
    New Star Wars universe? This isn't Star Trek, there is but one Star Wars universe. The prequels actually take place in the same universe as the original trilogy does. 

So Starkiller died at the end of The Force Unleashed. He's back in the sequel. YIKES! Sounds like a great story to tell!
    Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Zereta

I thought the Cloning program got cancelled and they never understood how to clone the 'Force-ness' of Jedis?

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#43  Edited By Red

I didn't like the first Force Unleashed, but I at least kind of appreciated what it did with its story and characters. This just looks a cash-grab from EA.

kingclaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By kingclaw
    @Zereta said:
    " I thought the Cloning program got cancelled and they never understood how to clone the 'Force-ness' of Jedis? "
    Yes in Kamino, but the empire hired new cloner  company or something like that.
    And there was a clon of Darth Maul and one of Palpatine.
    Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Zereta
    @kingclaw said:
    " @Zereta said:
    " I thought the Cloning program got cancelled and they never understood how to clone the 'Force-ness' of Jedis? "
    Yes in Kamino, but the empire hired new cloner  company or something like that. And there was a clon of Darth Maul and one of Palpatine. "
    Oh yea. I remember that. The damn Expanded Universe.
    kingclaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By kingclaw
    @Zereta said:
    " @kingclaw said:
    " @Zereta said:
    Yes in Kamino, but the empire hired new cloner  company or something like that. And there was a clon of Darth Maul and one of Palpatine. "
    Oh yea. I remember that. The damn Expanded Universe. "
    Yes. and there is where I want Lucas arts to take the next game, and dont mess anymore with the history of the movies
    ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#47  Edited By ImperiousRix

He seriously better not be a clone.  If he is, I really have no idea how they're going to explain it in a way that is going to be at all satisfying or in-line with the better-than-decent story told in the first game.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#48  Edited By demontium
    @kingclaw: The gameoverthinker has been replaced. [not really]
    Dicho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Dicho

Well i think Starkiller survived the explosion on the deathstar because in TFU II trailer you can hear Juno saying "will i ever see you again" from TFU, so i doubt he is the clone unless he has all the memories the original Starkiller had, and you can also hear Vader saying "foolishly you hold to hope for the life you once had" so i dont know... just my 2 cents. Excuse my english please.

Todd1338

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Todd1338

In case you haven't heard by now he is a clone. He did die in the first game and afterwards was cloned. In the game you will find out that even though you are a clone you powers have got alot stronger. The only problem is that  you are starting to get the memeories of the orginal Star Killer. Vader will not stand for it and orders you killed. Which is where the game starts off at. As far as the time line it takes place a few years later. 2-3 years prior to the A New Hope movie. So it's pretty safe to say since you don't hear anything about alot of these people in the movies that they will all end up dead in this game. By the way for all those people who just want to complain about what games they should and shouldn't make, WILL YOU JUST SHUT UP!!! I don't see any of you making games or coming out with a franchise like Star Wars that has lasted this long. Between movies, toys, cartoons, comic books, PC games, and video games I pretty sure they know what they're doing. If you really have that big of an issue then here's a little secret... Don't buy or play the game. Your problem will be solved. Just because you may not want to play it doesn't mean no one else does. Even without you running to the store to pick it up, they will still sell enough copies of it to make more than you will make in your entire life time. Just think before you post. I for one am going to be there the day it comes out to get it. If I'm the only one then great that just means I won't have to stand in a long line.  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.