Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Game » consists of 34 releases. Released Sep 16, 2008

Set before the events of the original Star Wars trilogy, The Force Unleashed casts the player as Darth Vader's secret apprentice tasked with hunting down the last of the Jedi Order.

No PC version makes Hamz angry!

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Hamz

Anyone else somewhat pissed off at the lack of a PC version for this game? I mean the big three consoles, the handhelds and even the PS2 and iPhone of all things are getting a version of the Force Unleashed released on them and yet the PC is sitting in the corner without so much as a mention or subtle nod of acknowledgement that it exists. I have to say i'm pissed off at the lack of any PC version of the game, the Jedi Knight series were big hits on the PC and Star Wars games have always done well on the platform, so why no Force Unleashed on the PC then?

Discuss.

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Also, considering LucasArts used to cater to PC exclusively back in the day, it's nuts to think that they arent putting this on PC. Oh well, that's what I have consoles for.

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By xruntime

Well, apparently the GB people say its a bad game....

I loved Jedi Outcast on the PC

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By AndrewGaspar

I played the demo... You're not missing much. =P

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5  Edited By OGCartman
    Hamz said:
    "Anyone else somewhat pissed off at the lack of a PC version for this game? I mean the big three consoles, the handhelds and even the PS2 and iPhone of all things are getting a version of the Force Unleashed released on them and yet the PC is sitting in the corner without so much as a mention or subtle nod of acknowledgement that it exists. I have to say i'm pissed off at the lack of any PC version of the game, the Jedi Knight series were big hits on the PC and Star Wars games have always done well on the platform, so why no Force Unleashed on the PC then?

Discuss."
    Cuz their ignorent little bitches
    Lol i know, even the fucking Iphone gets it
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hamz

Whether the game is bad or not i'd like to be able to buy it, play it and decide about it myself. But Lucasarts has ignored a platform which essentially has supported it well for years is a little annoying or more importantly disappointing.

Kung_Fu_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Kung_Fu_Viking

Well it is difficult to develop a game for PC and to keep the same level of quality the developers intended due to the sheer number of different setups. With consoles the developers can get the game to play and look exactly how they want by taking advantage of the consoles features and working around any limitations. They can do that because everyone who has an Xbox 360, for example,  has the same basic hardware. With PCs they can't be sure what CPU you'll have or what graphics card and so they can't gurantee that PC users will be playing the game as they intended which, of course, they don't want.

10MP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By 10MP

yea it makes you all angry because you can't just pirate it

don't kid yourselfs thats the only reason it isn't on pc

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By TheGTAvaccine
    10MP said:
    "yea it makes you all angry because you can't just pirate it

don't kid yourselfs thats the only reason it isn't on pc"
    You're an idiot good sir.
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

It might get a port later on. Allot of console games seem to be doing that now. Coming out on consoles and then 6+ months down the line a PC version is released.

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#11  Edited By Soap
    TheGTAvaccine said:
    "10MP said:

You're an idiot good sir."
    Seconded.

Also yeah it's a bit odd not to see this on PC, especially when you consider so many of the best Star Wars games have appeared on PC. Strange
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hamz
    Kung_Fu_Viking said:
    "Well it is difficult to develop a game for PC and to keep the same level of quality the developers intended due to the sheer number of different setups. With consoles the developers can get the game to play and look exactly how they want by taking advantage of the consoles features and working around any limitations. They can do that because everyone who has an Xbox 360, for example,  has the same basic hardware. With PCs they can't be sure what CPU you'll have or what graphics card and so they can't gurantee that PC users will be playing the game as they intended which, of course, they don't want."
    Well thats partly correct i guess, making PC games can be a hassle if you need to optimise the game more so it runs on a wider range of systems. However the fact that every platform, iPhone included, is getting a copy of this game except the PC makes me thin that it isn't because they felt it would be too difficult to make a PC version.

10MP said:

Ignorance is bliss i see.

And indeed it is strange, i don't think i've even heard of why Lucasarts felt the need to ignore the PC with this game.
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hamz
    Fragstoff said:
    "The most tragic thing of all is all the camera issues in this game would not exist on the PC, shame"
    Rub it in why don't you...lol

But hear is to hoping it makes enough money on all its platforms and they decide to give us PC gamers a poor port at the very least...
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#14  Edited By wefwefasdf
    Hamz said:
    "Fragstoff said:
    "The most tragic thing of all is all the camera issues in this game would not exist on the PC, shame"
    Rub it in why don't you...lol

But hear is to hoping it makes enough money on all its platforms and they decide to give us PC gamers a poor port at the very least..."
    I would prefer getting it on the PC because it would be 10 bucks cheaper...
    efrucht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By efrucht

Hamz, my friend...
    it's time for you to get a next gen console, you are missing so much by using only PC.
    Regardless, TFU is not a good game, so be thankful you didn't waste valuable time on it like I did.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hamz
    efrucht said:
    "Hamz, my friend...
    it's time for you to get a next gen console, you are missing so much by using only PC.
    Regardless, TFU is not a good game, so be thankful you didn't waste valuable time on it like I did."
    If i were going to buy a console it wouldn't be any of the ones that are on the market at the moment for sure. Seriously...just no i wont go there.

But i am shocked to hear so many people have issues with TFU, the hype and excitement for it seems big. Perhaps its because it was just a new Star Wars game ?
    brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By brukaoru

Hamz, I am sorry you are angry! :(

Hamz said:

If i were going to buy a console it wouldn't be any of the ones that are on the market at the moment for sure. Seriously...just no i wont go there."
    So when will you buy a console, Hamz?
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hamz
    brukaoru said:
    Hamz said:
    If i were going to buy a console it wouldn't be any of the ones that are on the market at the moment for sure. Seriously...just no i wont go there."
    So when will you buy a console, Hamz?"
    When they become worth buying :P....i guess the best answer is the next gen consoles to be released. The new versions that Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo release. But currently the Wii, 360 and PS3 do not interest me one bit...although the PS3 does get +1 in my book for having Blue Ray capability.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#19  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Eh, Hamz is a bitch anyways.

*looks at topic creator*

............god dammit.
    efrucht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By efrucht
    Hamz said:
    "efrucht said:
    "Hamz, my friend...
    Regardless, TFU is not a good game, so be thankful you didn't waste valuable time on it like I did."
    If i were going to buy a console it wouldn't be any of the ones that are on the market at the moment for sure. Seriously...just no i wont go there.

But i am shocked to hear so many people have issues with TFU, the hype and excitement for it seems big. Perhaps its because it was just a new Star Wars game ?"
    I think know what you mean. Being a PC gamer myself I'm constantly underwhelmed by the relative simplicity of most console games. Still, there has to be something you like about one of the two consoles....
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hamz
    efrucht said:
    "I think know what you mean. Being a PC gamer myself I'm constantly underwhelmed by the relative simplicity of most console games. Still, there has to be something you like about one of the two consoles...."
    Well its not the more simplistic style of games or gameplay that appears in console games that turns me away. Because contrary to popular belief about PC gamers i am not much of a graphics whore, i can play Crysis with my 7900GS and still have some fun with it looking the same as COD4 visually. The only thing i can say i do like about console gaming is the plugin and play aspect to it, there is no worrying about upgrading to get the best out of games like PC gaming. So in that sense its a lot cheaper and simpler, and we all prefer life to be as simple as possible for sure.
    brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By brukaoru
    Hamz said:
    "brukaoru said:
    Hamz said:
    So when will you buy a console, Hamz?"
    When they become worth buying :P....i guess the best answer is the next gen consoles to be released. The new versions that Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo release. But currently the Wii, 360 and PS3 do not interest me one bit...although the PS3 does get +1 in my book for having Blue Ray capability."
    Aww, that's not going to be for awhile then... Ah well, if they are backwards compatible you can find plenty of good games cheap.

Don't forget the PS3 has the folding@home ability too. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.