Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

Steam sales is driving me...

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Winternet

...crazy! Or bankrupt. The new steam sales is awesome and I already have 5 games on my cart! Ok, calm down. You have 18 hours to decide. And are you really going to play Deus Ex and Deus Ex 2? Really? But, it's just 5 tiny bucks. 

Ok, so Alpha Protocol looks like a must. 8 bucks. But, what about Prototype or Shank? And that season 3 Sam & Max looks shiny. But, what will they have tomorrow? Maybe it will be even better stuff. And the next day? AAHHHHHH I'm crazy, I'm buying everything, even that stupid Ruse game! 

Ok, relax now. 

Note to self: Don't buy CS: Source for 3,75 (but, it's so cheap), you already own it.  

Evil note to self: OMG Look at that HL2 10 copies pack for 20 bucks. Should I do it? Should I?

droop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By droop

I bought a Mac so I hardly need to worry about these sales anymore. The Christmas sale last year raped me :<

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Animasta

alpha protocol is a must, and sam and max sure, but that should be it; if you didn't play deus ex back when it was released, I find it hard to play them now.

kalmis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#4  Edited By kalmis

Getting nearer to bankruptcy with these ever-ending sales as well. Got the indie and Deus Ex bundles yesterday.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I almost bought CS Source but I resisted the temptation. 

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By JoelTGM

I didn't buy anything.  I put the 5 games on my wish list though.  It was a pretty genius way to get tens or hundreds of thousands of people to add games to their wishlist.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By JoeyRavn
    @DOUBLESHOCK said:
    " I didn't buy anything.  I put the 5 games on my wish list though.  It was a pretty genius way to get tens or hundreds of thousands of people to add games to their wishlist. "
    You have to add at least ten to be eligible for the contest. 

Also, don't we have already several topics about this?
    Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Dalai

Borderlands for $10 is a steal, but I already own it. I also bought Sam & Max Season 3 when it came out and I own the majority of the games in the indie pack. The other games, not interested... except for Shank, but not at that price. I'll accept $5 for it, but no more. 

On a related note, I do like that you can buy 6 copies of Borderlands for less than I paid for one copy at launch.

DjCmeP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By DjCmeP
    @Laketown said:
    " alpha protocol is a must, and sam and max sure, but that should be it; if you didn't play deus ex back when it was released, I find it hard to play them now. "
    Alpha Protocol????? 

Are you serious. It sucks ass.
    Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Winternet
    @DjCmeP said:
    " @Laketown said:
    " alpha protocol is a must, and sam and max sure, but that should be it; if you didn't play deus ex back when it was released, I find it hard to play them now. "
    Alpha Protocol?????  Are you serious. It sucks ass. "
    A must at that price. It came out less than 6 months ago. And It has very neat ideas. I played all of deus ex 2 and a bit of deus ex. But, I don't actually have them. And I am bit of a freak when it comes to owning games. I prefer retail products, of course, but still, 5 bucks to own both Deus Ex games, especially when Deus Ex 3 is getting nearer is tempting. 

@Dalai said:
    "  except for Shank, but not at that price. I'll accept $5 for it, but no more. "
    Same for me.
    Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Brians

Don' t get Deus Ex 2 it is terrible. Alpha Protocol misunderstood classic.

GeekDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By GeekDown

I know exactly how you feel. The summer sale nearly drove me insane.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @Briguile said:
    "Don' t get Deus Ex 2 it is terrible. Alpha Protocol misunderstood classic. "

I wouldn't say it's "terrible".  Dumbed down and nowhere near as good as the first, sure.  But since you're getting it with the first game for practically nothing anyway, you might as well give it a go. 

Haven't played Alpha Protocol, but it does seem fans of KotOR, ME, etc, would enjoy it.  Unfortunately, I don't have the money to spare on it right now.
    Mars_Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Mars_Cleric

I only have about 20 bucks in the bank at the moment so i'm gonna hold out 
    plus might win some games, remember to organise your wishlists
    Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Winternet
    @Mars_Cleric: My wishlist is done and ready to be selected. C'mon Valve, make me proud. 

@Briguile said:
    " Don' t get Deus Ex 2 it is terrible. Alpha Protocol misunderstood classic. "
    I played it and is not terrible. It's a decent game, minimum. It tried to do a lot of things and it didn't lived to the expectations on some stuff. I had fun with that game

I would find the first Deus Ex to not be very fun to play nowadays. It doesn't look like it ages very well. 

No one mentioned Prototype, and now I only have less than three hours to decide.
    Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

PISS. 

I have 1pence in my bank account and I don't get paid till tomorrow. I really want Sam & Max and Alpha Protocol. Really, really fucked off now... 

My mate was planning on buying Borderlands, too, as I already have it, but he's away at class and I'm fairly sure he's in the same boat as me cash-flow wise. 

@Briguile
    said:
    I made a thread about this just the other day. A lot of people really liked it. I include myself in that category.
    Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Winternet

Ok no more thinking. Taking into account the fact that we have 5 more possible incredible sales days I'm going to only buy Alpha Protocol. I'm sorry Sam & Max. 

Now Steam, don't let me down. 

See you guys in 3 hours with new crazy sales. 

Top 5 sellers in Steam right now: Boderlands, Alpha Protocol, CS Source (that's a bit odd), BLOPS, Prototype

Cwaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By Cwaff

My extreme urge to buy anything cheap is driving me insane because I have £1.50 in my bank account!

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#19  Edited By LordAndrew
    @Dalai said:
    " On a related note, I do like that you can buy 6 copies of Borderlands for less than I paid for one copy at launch. "
    Do it. And then send me five of them. I don't care if that's impossible.
    OdinsThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#20  Edited By OdinsThunder
    @Winternet said:

" @Mars_Cleric: My wishlist is done and ready to be selected. C'mon Valve, make me proud. 

@Briguile said:

I played it and is not terrible. It's a decent game, minimum. It tried to do a lot of things and it didn't lived to the expectations on some stuff. I had fun with that game I would find the first Deus Ex to not be very fun to play nowadays. It doesn't look like it ages very well.  No one mentioned Prototype, and now I only have less than three hours to decide. "
    Deus Ex has graphic mods which help a lot, there's an excellent thread here to help you bring Deus Ex into 2010.  

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1235278
    Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Winternet

Well, there is new products on sale. Today's list is a bit lower in quality, in my opinion. Already own Batman, but, of course, if you don't you should take this opportunity. Eve (5) could be cool, but I am bit afraid to commit to this game. Has anyone played this Tyrannis one? K&L2, well, I am just not so interested in that game. I'll probably just get Audiosurf (2,50) and maybe Eve. More thinking to do. 

@OdinsThunder: I'll look into it, thanks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.