Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

So, on which console.

Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Manachild

i'd say, whatever console you have the most friends who will be playing the game. It also depends on whether or not you want to fork out for a SFIV pad or a arcade stick, if you dont, i'd get the ps3 version for the better D pad.

I'm assuming that both versions of the game will probably perform the same.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By pause422

It hardly matters, if you're talking about just using your gamepad above anything else, whichever one you're more used to. Other than that, I'd say whichever one has more of your friends on it that will be playing the game. I'm getting it on the 360, but it would hardly make a difference, since I don't have many friends that are picking up SF4 at all, and I'm using an arcade stick of course, definitely not a controller.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By get2sammyb

It's already been mentioned really but boils down to two questions: which system do you have more friends on? Are you going to buy a fighting stick?

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#5  Edited By MachoFantastico

I'm not a huge fan of the Street Fighter series but I shall be picking up four. Probably on the Xbox 360 though I will no doubt find myself being beaten every round as usual. 

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By coakroach
    JacobBrodersen said:
    (fighting games are meant to be played against people right next to you!)
    Answer.
    Right there.
    PsYuSoFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PsYuSoFly

What's all this talk of PS3 and betterhe  D-pad? I find the xbox and ps3 d-pad equally bad. And if you can play with one you can play with the other. Just do precise movement on the pad instead of just rubbing your hand around it and pressing punch, praying for the best.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

360 = Xbox Live
    PS3 = Better D-Pad

Since you're eventually going to get sticks, I'd go for 360 if I was you, due to xbox live, but since you won't have sticks immediately, you might want the better D-pad of the PS3. Just go for whichever thing is most important.

ShiroMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ShiroMe

PS3.  Not even a question.
    PS3 has better online too.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By get2sammyb

I asked this question in a similar thread (it's a little irrelevant) but no one answered. Can we be expecting random encounters with Japanese players online?

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Captain_Fookup

Get it for the 360, if you have any old games you no longer play trade them in for credit towards your arcade sticks. 

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By xxNBxx

You don't need 4 controllers to play the game.  You only need two.

There are a few factors to take under consideration, the PS3 standerd fight stick is cheaper (by 10 bucks).  You can use the fight stick for more then just Street Fighter 4,  so if you have fighting games on one system more then the other that might sway your decision.  I have also heard it works will for some PSN / XBL games.  (like castle crashers) so that might sway your decision as well.

I would get the game a fight stick and a fight pad cause,  I am not as much of an ass to get the game and force my friends to play with a shitty controller.  Whats the point of having a match if you know the other person cant put up a descent fight?  If you just beat on them all the time they won't want to play with you and then you spent 60 bucks for nothing.

fingofongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By fingofongo

if you're getting the collector's edition, the ps3 one comes with the movie in bluray whereas the xbox one comes with a game disc that outputs the movie in hd
    Plus you get a ryu figurine for ps3 instead of c.viper for xbox

Other than that, if you are buying arcade sticks and are playing mostly local, there is no difference (unless one turns out to look graphically better, but we won't know until it is released)

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Demilich

PS3 seems like the console of choice for FIGHTAN.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By LiquidPrince

I'm getting it on my PS3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.