Characters you would like to see in Super Smash Brothers.

#1 Edited by Silby (6 posts) -

Whether they were removed from Melee or you just think it'd be awesome to play as them, make your opinion heard in this thread.  Just try to be as practical as possible.  Note:  Do not list characters already in the game.  What's the point of wishing you could play as a character if you already can!

Personally, I'd like to see:
Leon (Resident Evil 4)
Jack (Harvest Moon.  I'm pretty sure this is the standard name for the protagonist)
Megaman (Megaman series)
Zero (Megaman X series)
Ryu (Street Fighter Series.  And with an alternate color that matches Ken)
Knuckles (Sonic series.  And honestly with gliding and wall clinging why ISN'T he in this game!!!)
Baby Bowser (Maybe with the paintbrush from Sunshine?)
Pichu (Come on.  You know he was adorable.  And there should be characters that are complete jokes)
Mii (I would love playing as myself with no special abilities or powerups.  A great joke character)
Toad (I know Peach is holding one but HONESTLY.  He needs to be playable!)


Maybe I'll think of more later on, but tell me what characters you agree with or mention your own ideas!


#2 Posted by AnimeBeast (92 posts) -

Paper mario.

#3 Posted by JuMP (87 posts) -

Cervantes (from Soul Calibur)
Mario Kart (like a Mario that permanently drives around in his Kart shooting shells etc...)
Grey Fox as the Cyborg Ninja (from MGS...I know he was in Brawl, but he wasn't playable)
Diablo
Sephiroth (FFVII)
Cloud (FFVII)

just some ideas

#4 Posted by capitanm1 (205 posts) -

I wanted to see Shadow from sonic in the game.

#5 Posted by Hyper_Hedgehog (86 posts) -

Sora (from Kingdom Hearts)
Megaman
Either Tails or Knuckles

#6 Posted by HazBazz (1901 posts) -

Jeff Gerstmann

#7 Posted by AnimeBeast (92 posts) -

^^ you win the internet. Have a cookie

#8 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -

Tom Nook from Animal Crossing.

#9 Posted by LuckyWanderDude (929 posts) -

Iwazaru (Killer 7)
ToeJam (ToeJam & Earl)
Beat (Jet Grind Radio)

#10 Posted by PharoahCapcom (480 posts) -

Toad

Megaman
Tails
Knuckles
Amy Rose
Sora
#11 Posted by ocdog45 (675 posts) -

a gta character, or pac man or a football mascot.

#12 Posted by guitargoat5 (14 posts) -

I'd agree with Megaman and Knuckles.

#13 Posted by murat8 (15 posts) -

I wanted ridley to be playable

#14 Edited by DJ_LaFleur (178 posts) -

I still hate how Megaman didn't make it in Brawl, so him (Megaman X preferably)

More Fire Emblem chatacters, like maybe Eirika or Eiphram, or maybe Princess Elincia, I mean, Mario and Link get to have their princesses in SSB, why not Ike?


and Isaac should have been playable, not an assist trophy. Though I suppose Felix would have worked as well.

#15 Posted by Arestice (468 posts) -

Megaman and Cutman.

#16 Posted by Silby (6 posts) -

Isaac definitely.  And Tom Nook too!  I'd imagine that he'd pull out bags of coins from the ground and when you hit your opponent with it, coins spill out even if it's not a coin match =-D. 

I thought about Mario Kart too.  The more I thought about a Toad moveset the more I considered Toad's forward B to be similar to Wario's Motorcycle except he rides his go-kart instead.

I would've liked to see another Metroid character.  Maybe one of the hunters from Metroid Prime: Hunters DS?  I think Ashley from Warioware would've been another great character.

#17 Posted by Termite (2398 posts) -

Well, some people have been posting characters that obviously will never be in a Smash Bros game, like a GTA character.

So I'm going to play it safe and say...

Impa
Megaman
Airman
Tom Nook

#18 Posted by ArclightBorealis (1563 posts) -

One person I want playable actually ended up as an Assist Trophy. Saki Amamiya.

I've even thought up an entire moveset for him. Final Smash and everything.

#19 Posted by Dark_Link142 (377 posts) -

I would have loved to see Isaac/Felix from Golden Sun in the game. It's too bad they didn't get in, although it's nice that Isaac is an Assist Trophy.

#20 Edited by HoldSteady828 (165 posts) -

I'd settle for them adding a "fun" or "enjoyment" mode.

Or megaman.

#21 Posted by AnimeBeast (92 posts) -

Animal Crosser

#22 Posted by TimeWaffle (946 posts) -

Travis Touchdown

Online
#23 Posted by AnimeBeast (92 posts) -

Girl Pokemon Trainer

#24 Posted by Mardarkin (85 posts) -

Tails and Knuckles, for sure.
Bomberman would work well enough, with different bombs reserved for the B button, and standard kicks and punches on A.
Pokemon combat on Brawl is really ace, too.  Any number of Pokemon would work fucking brilliantly - Mew, Raichu, Golem, any of them.  Maybe with the ability to evolve/devolve mid-match.
Ryu and Ken would be great.
I guess a lot of comic book characters would work, as they've appeared on most Nintendo platforms.  Spiderman, X-Men, etc.

#25 Posted by coakroach (2492 posts) -

Kung Fu Panda and Kratos
Blood and Pandas = Win

#26 Posted by fryedrycestyle (230 posts) -

Ooh so many possiblities.

  • Frank West (Dead Rising, Dead Rising : Chop 'till You Drop)
  • Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)
  • Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
  • Isaac (Golden Sun)
  • Megaman (Megaman)
  • Krystal + Midna (Zelda: Twilight Princess)
#27 Posted by Vash108 (153 posts) -
  • Kratos (God of War)
  • James Earl Cash (Manhunt)
  • Master (Fallout)
  • Cacodeamon (Doom)
  • The Postal Guy (Postal)
  • Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)

#28 Posted by AnimeBeast (92 posts) -

Roy

#29 Posted by DanCarmichael (220 posts) -

A different mix for Pokemon trainer.

Say Bulbesar, Charmeleon and Blastoise.

Everyone knows that Blastoise is the best evolved starter pokemon. :)

#30 Posted by Boring_Prophet (10 posts) -

Kratos and Cloud would be pretty cool.

#31 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

Chargin' Chuck would be the ultimate addition to this game.

#32 Posted by Pezjulo (224 posts) -

9 volt!! yeaah

#33 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -
keyhunter said:
"Chargin' Chuck would be the ultimate addition to this game."
#34 Posted by HoNgKoNgPh0oEy (1481 posts) -

Create your own character soul calibur IV style but different options and unlocks of course

#35 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

I want both the original Megaman and X.... and Zero

#36 Posted by Kokoro (156 posts) -

Mega Man is the one I want to see the most.

#37 Posted by jlaudio7 (326 posts) -
HazBazz said:
"Jeff Gerstmann
"
This.
#38 Posted by PoisonIvy (11 posts) -

Poison Ivy.

#39 Posted by SplitterCrow (11 posts) -

Characters that could make it in:
King K. Rool
Little Mac
Pac-Man
Waluigi

Characters that will probably never make it in, but I'd love to see:
King Leonidas
Abraham Lincoln
Doctor Doom
God
The Lich King

#40 Posted by Twilit_Igniter42 (65 posts) -
  • Midna
  • One of the Koopa Kids (preferably Larry)
  • Mouser
  • Simon Belmont
  • Billy Lee (alt costume of Jimmy Lee)
  • Birdo
  • Captain N

Already mentioned above somewhere:
  • 8-bit Megaman
  • X
  • Tails
  • Little Mac
  • Pac-Man

And although he'll never make it in:
Conker

#41 Posted by theshadow027 (150 posts) -

Zack Fair,Genesis(Crisis Core)

Cloud,Sephiroth(FF: VII)

Dark Samus(Metroid Prime 2)

Roy(Fire Emblem)

And if it would be allowed: Master Chief and Kratos

#42 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -
AnimeBeast said:
"Roy"
same here, also Jill Valentine from Resident Evil.
#43 Posted by Snail (8661 posts) -

There should be a mode where you would be a mode where you would play a boss against other bosses.

#44 Posted by BoG (5192 posts) -
JuMP said:
"Cervantes (from Soul Calibur)
Mario Kart (like a Mario that permanently drives around in his Kart shooting shells etc...)
Diablo
Sephiroth (FFVII)
Cloud (FFVII)"

capitanm1 said:
"I wanted to see Shadow from sonic in the game."

PharoahCapcom said:
"Toad
Tails
Knuckles
Amy Rose
Sora"

ocdog45 said:
"a gta character, or pac man or a football mascot."

Mardarkin said:
"Tails and Knuckles, for sure.
Bomberman would work well enough, with different bombs reserved for the B button, and standard kicks and punches on A.
Pokemon combat on Brawl is really ace, too.  Any number of Pokemon would work fucking brilliantly - Mew, Raichu, Golem, any of them.  Maybe with the ability to evolve/devolve mid-match.
I guess a lot of comic book characters would work, as they've appeared on most Nintendo platforms.  Spiderman, X-Men, etc.
"

fryedrycestyle said:
  • Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
  • Krystal + Midna (Zelda: Twilight Princess)
"

Silby said:
Zero (Megaman X series)
Knuckles (Sonic series.  And honestly with gliding and wall clinging why ISN'T he in this game!!!)
Baby Bowser (Maybe with the paintbrush from Sunshine?)
Pichu (Come on.  You know he was adorable.  And there should be characters that are complete jokes)
Mii (I would love playing as myself with no special abilities or powerups.  A great joke character)
Toad (I know Peach is holding one but HONESTLY.  He needs to be playable!)"
NO. PLEASE NO. No Shadow, no Sora, no Baby Bowser, no Krystal. They all SUCK.

All we need Saki Amamiya, Mega Man, Tom Nook, and Professor Layton.
#45 Posted by Kokoro (156 posts) -

I agree that Shadow, Sora and Baby Bowser shouldn't be in there. I wouldn't mind Krystal being in though.

#46 Edited by jackharvest (1 posts) -
Silby said:
"Whether they were removed from Melee or you just think it'd be awesome to play as them, make your opinion heard in this thread.  Just try to be as practical as possible.  Note:  Do not list characters already in the game.  What's the point of wishing you could play as a character if you already can!Personally, I'd like to see:Leon (Resident Evil 4)Jack (Harvest Moon.  I'm pretty sure this is the standard name for the protagonist)Megaman (Megaman series)Zero (Megaman X series)Ryu (Street Fighter Series.  And with an alternate color that matches Ken)Knuckles (Sonic series.  And honestly with gliding and wall clinging why ISN'T he in this game!!!)Baby Bowser (Maybe with the paintbrush from Sunshine?)Pichu (Come on.  You know he was adorable.  And there should be characters that are complete jokes)Mii (I would love playing as myself with no special abilities or powerups.  A great joke character)Toad (I know Peach is holding one but HONESTLY.  He needs to be playable!)Maybe I'll think of more later on, but tell me what characters you agree with or mention your own ideas!"
I couldn't help but make an entrance and let you all in on the Smash Brothers Texture Hacking communities that are getting huge. They replace textures in the game to make certain characters look completely different.

Jack (from the Harvest Moon series) was created using the Ness model. I wont keep going on blowing smoke about how awesome he looks, (and all the others Team MeowMix does) so look for yourself.

http://meowmix.xtreemhost.com

:D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.