Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

its official Makoto is the most UnderPowered character?

• 80 results
    AnnouncerGXZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AnnouncerGXZ

its official Makoto is the most UnderPowered character?

she supose to get close to oponent and win as fast as posible right? but wouldnt zangief be better on that?

i tried cpu vs cpu Zangief vs. Makoto, max round, no-time-limit, hardest difficulty setting and makoto zero round win! yeah not even 1 round of win! so i hit the rematch and same result! wtf Makoto?????

when i was playing Makoto i find myself difficult to play her. always lose online with her. i thought im just suck but i am suck but still i try other characters and i have a chance of win but with Makoto always lose. cpu vs. cpu backed me up that the theory of Makoto is the most UnderPowered character in Super Street Fighter 4.

who can confirm?

oh and i think im not the only one that says so. i think i saw someone on youyube say the same too that Makoto is the most UnderPowered character.

but still i want confirmation if she really is.

Avatar image for thelegendofluke
    TheLegendofLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By TheLegendofLuke

I'm not very good with Makoto, but I have been absolutely destroyed by Makoto users. In the right hands no character is underpowered. 

newmarcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By newmarcom

Makoto is deadly in the right hands. Unfortunately, those hands aren't found yet. The trick to using Makoto is learning to FADC out of dash punches at any moment to follow up with a cross-up reset or hard knockdown. But I do agree that she has a tough fight against grapplers.

AnnouncerGXZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AnnouncerGXZ

i mean its true that its all about the user, the pilot and not the character. a god user can make any character win but lets take the user out of this and focus on pure character.

I am a noob and i am very suck in sf im not gonna lie. but when playing with Makoto i have the hardest time trying to win.

no such thing as underpowered character, no such thing as whos the suckest character but that only implies to user, pilot. take out the user, pilot and the suckest character exist.

@newmon 
    yeah she seems to suck at grapplers. but i just tried ryu to be her oponent on cpu v.s cpu...... major pwnage! makoto zero win! both zangief and ryu kick her ass.

i think they need to tweak her. her moveset seems fine. just raise her damage up a little. raise the flash punch damage.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By demontium

CPU will never have the instinct and mind games in makato's arsenal that humans can utilize.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#6  Edited By Icemael

I haven't played Super Street Fighter IV, but if she's worse than Dan and Gen, she's gotta be pretty damn terrible.

AnnouncerGXZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AnnouncerGXZ
    @Icemael said:

" I haven't played Super Street Fighter IV, but if she's worse than Dan and Gen, she's gotta be pretty damn terrible. "

let me get dan to be her oponent real quick. i will tell  result in 4min if dan win then she suck.

yup! she suck! dan won the battle.

makoto win only 2 rounds. dan win 4 rounds. dan won the battle. well atleast she doing better against dan haha. dan......
    AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By AndrewJD

Well I guess it's official then :)

viney212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By viney212

CPU vs. CPU really doesn't prove anything at all other than how the AI was programmed to perform, which also really doesn't prove anything along the lines of how under/overpowered a character is. 

I would guess it's still to early to understand just how good some characters can really be in the right hands, but if it was as easy as throwing CPU characters at each other to figure out the best tactics, we'd already have figured everything out. 

All you're showing is how good/bad the AI handles specific matchups, which really doesn't say anything about how good any given character can really be.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#10  Edited By Yummylee

O RuEALLY

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Mmmslash

While I personally think that Makoto is absolute garbage, Evo's Adon this year proved to us that characters most of us take for granted can end up doing spectacular things.

AnnouncerGXZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AnnouncerGXZ
    @Viney212 said:

" CPU vs. CPU really doesn't prove anything at all other than how the AI was programmed to perform, which also really doesn't prove anything along the lines of how under/overpowered a character is.  I would guess it's still to early to understand just how good some characters can really be in the right hands, but if it was as easy as throwing CPU characters at each other to figure out the best tactics, we'd already have figured everything out.  All you're showing is how good/bad the AI handles specific matchups, which really doesn't say anything about how good any given character can really be. "

have a non-gamer like nicolas cage or 9 year old to play super sf4. preserve them on which character they most suck at. it will be Makoto. any noobs can play ryu/ken easily.

or have a super noob like me play super sf4 and the character i/they most suck at will be Makoto.

you guys gotta see noob-view. you guys gotta put noob in your shoes. ofcourse many pros and experts will not see cuz.... oviously. only casuals and noobs players can judge and see through everything. its like the strength calculator in dragonball is useless on dragonball warriors like Vageta cuz hell smash it to tiny bits.... the strength calculator only useful for normal citizen of dragonball world like hercule.
    viney212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By viney212
    @AnnouncerGXZ said:
    " @Viney212 said:

" CPU vs. CPU really doesn't prove anything at all other than how the AI was programmed to perform, which also really doesn't prove anything along the lines of how under/overpowered a character is.  I would guess it's still to early to understand just how good some characters can really be in the right hands, but if it was as easy as throwing CPU characters at each other to figure out the best tactics, we'd already have figured everything out.  All you're showing is how good/bad the AI handles specific matchups, which really doesn't say anything about how good any given character can really be. "

have a non-gamer like nicolas cage or 9 year old to play super sf4. preserve them on which character they most suck at. it will be Makoto. any noobs can play ryu/ken easily.  or have a super noob like me play super sf4 and the character i/they most suck at will be Makoto. "
    I not saying anything about Makoto.  For all I know she very well could be the worst character.  I don't know. 

I'm just saying that setting up CPU battles to justify your point doesn't really prove anything.  Everyone already knows that the AI in this game isn't anything to write home about.
    AnnouncerGXZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AnnouncerGXZ
    @Viney212 said:

" @AnnouncerGXZ said:

" @Viney212 said:

have a non-gamer like nicolas cage or 9 year old to play super sf4. preserve them on which character they most suck at. it will be Makoto. any noobs can play ryu/ken easily.  or have a super noob like me play super sf4 and the character i/they most suck at will be Makoto. "
    I not saying anything about Makoto.  For all I know she very well could be the worst character.  I don't know.  I'm just saying that setting up CPU battles to justify your point doesn't really prove anything.  Everyone already knows that the AI in this game isn't anything to write home about. "
    and i not just going by cpu vs cpu. im one of the suckiest on super sf4. i play online with every character. i have more chance of winning with ken, ryu, juri, cammy, zangief, sagat, adon. but with makoto i have zero chance, i mean 4% of 96% i will win. this fact combine with cpu vs cpu... shows the same result. it is safe to conclude that Makoto is the most underpowered character in super sf4 outside of user,pilot.
    nnickers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By nnickers

Well, your right. If you can't play her, and some guy on youtube might have once said she was underpowered, she must be complete trash.

My own opinion, though: I imagine she might struggle against people who know the match-up, but, as someone who doesn't, I have been absolutely humiliated by some good Makoto players.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jack268
    @AnnouncerGXZ said:
    " @Viney212 said:

" @AnnouncerGXZ said:

" @Viney212 said:

I not saying anything about Makoto.  For all I know she very well could be the worst character.  I don't know.  I'm just saying that setting up CPU battles to justify your point doesn't really prove anything.  Everyone already knows that the AI in this game isn't anything to write home about. "
    and im not just going by cpu vs cpu. im one of the suckiest on super sf4. i play online with every character. i have more chance of winning with ken, ryu, juri, cammy, zangief, sagat, adon. but with makoto i have zero chance, i mean 4% of 96% i will win. this fact combine with cpu vs cpu... shows the same result. it is safe to conclude that Makoto is the most underpowered characte rin super sf4 outside of user,pilot. "
    Because Makoto takes more dedication than those characters(except maybe Adon). She may be the "suckiest" character, but that's really only because she has a longer learning curve than others. Noone is going to pick her up and mash victories online like you can with Ryu or Ken. You need to put in a lot of dedication and work to be good with Makoto, but if you like Makoto as a character then it is well worth it.
    AURON570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By AURON570

I feel like this thread is going around in circles...

AnnouncerGXZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AnnouncerGXZ
    @Jack268 said:

" @AnnouncerGXZ said:

" @Viney212 said:

" @AnnouncerGXZ said:

" @Viney212 said:

and im not just going by cpu vs cpu. im one of the suckiest on super sf4. i play online with every character. i have more chance of winning with ken, ryu, juri, cammy, zangief, sagat, adon. but with makoto i have zero chance, i mean 4% of 96% i will win. this fact combine with cpu vs cpu... shows the same result. it is safe to conclude that Makoto is the most underpowered characte rin super sf4 outside of user,pilot. "
    Because Makoto takes more dedication than those characters(except maybe Adon). She may be the "suckiest" character, but that's really only because she has a longer learning curve than others. Noone is going to pick her up and mash victories online like you can with Ryu or Ken. You need to put in a lot of dedication and work to be good with Makoto, but if you like Makoto as a character then it is well worth it. "
    then its official that you agreed with my theory i assumed. yes any character can be good if the user learn them. fact. true true. but outside of learning, she suckiest character.

i do like her as a character but playing her is holding me back cause she most difficult character to play. im just gonna bail her out. if i want to admire her, i can. but using her probly not or not much.

i think i have fettish for tomboys.
    Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jack268
    @AnnouncerGXZ said: 
    then its official that you agreed with my theory i assumed. yes any character can be good if the user learn them. fact. true true. but outside of learning, she suckiest character.  i do like her as a character but playing her is holding me back cause she most difficult character to play. im just gonna bail her out. if i want to admire her, i can. but using her probly not or not much.   i think i have fettish for tomboys. "
    No character is sucky, only harder to learn. Also, your thread title is quite misleading. It's nowhere near "official" because you played 3 CPU matches with her.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By CL60

This thread is full of dumb.

AnnouncerGXZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AnnouncerGXZ
    @Jack268 said:

" @AnnouncerGXZ said: 

then its official that you agreed with my theory i assumed. yes any character can be good if the user learn them. fact. true true. but outside of learning, she suckiest character.  i do like her as a character but playing her is holding me back cause she most difficult character to play. im just gonna bail her out. if i want to admire her, i can. but using her probly not or not much.   i think i have fettish for tomboys. "

No character is sucky, only harder to learn. Also, your thread title is quite misleading. It's nowhere near "official" because you played 3 CPU matches with her. "
    ok then Makoto is the hardest to learn in super sf4. and she is the most noob-un-friendly or un-friendly-noob.

i know people that uses Makoto as their main may be offended by the word sucky. i dont want Makoto to sound horrible too! i like Makoto too! but i cant doge the fact that she really is... hardest to learn charcter.
    jaycee13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jaycee13

"i think i have fettish for tomboys"
    Finally something I can agree with.
    Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Gambit

Dan just beat Rufus 2-0 in Cpu vs Cpu so thats means rufus sucks and is underpowered right?

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CL60
    @Gambit said:
    " Dan just beat Rufus 2-0 in Cpu vs Cpu so thats means rufus sucks and is underpowered right? "
    Yes. Rufus needs a buff because CPU Dan can beat him.
    gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By gosukiller

Some people should not be handed a keyboard.
    And yes, Makoto can be pretty weak in SSF4, compared to 3S.

viney212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By viney212
    @CL60 said:
    " @Gambit said:
    " Dan just beat Rufus 2-0 in Cpu vs Cpu so thats means rufus sucks and is underpowered right? "
    Yes. Rufus needs a buff because CPU Dan can beat him. "
    Sure, mock the CPU now.  But once Skynet discovers Evo streams and shoryuken forums, shits gonna get real.
    Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By lilbigsupermario

No, Makoto is not underpowered. :D 

I guess like what others' are saying is that Makoto can be really dangerous when used by a really good player.  I use Makoto, I can't say I win all the time with her, but I do win in ranked matches, even in endless battles with the PS3 people.  But in my opinion, she is difficult to learn and that what makes it fun for me to use her in matches, the challenge.  There were even times in ranked matches that my opponent would turtle coz they did not know how to fight Makoto; thus, I catch them off guard with karakusas linked with HP+hayate or when given a fair distance, the quick EX hayate surprises most of them.  I guess my point is, tier lists don't actually justify how bad the character is.  Adon was presumed originally to be a sucky character, but look at what Gamerbee showed in EVO, Adon kicked ass.

Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Gambit

guess my sarcasm didn't come off in that post. Was trying to show that using Cpu vs Cpu as a point in claiming a character is good or bad is fucking retarded.

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#29  Edited By Pessh

Lol thread. Makato isn't that bad. Someone will firgure out how to play her and she'll be flying up the tier list just like with Adon (and to a lesser extent NinjaCW at devestation.) The CPU is horrible. Zangief could just be a bad match up? Just no dude...

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan
    @Gambit:  Eventhubs' new tier list puts Rufus ninth. How insanely ridiculous is that?
    Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Pessh
    @OwnlyUzinWonHan: That tier list is a joke, not surprised though, 'translated from a Japanese wiki.'  DSP probably put it together.
    AnnouncerGXZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By AnnouncerGXZ

im a noob and i can play adon fine. his moves is fly all over the screen. i play easily with him. i can win plenty. how can someone say adon suck? when playing Makoto no chance of winning. i have no knowlege of ffce, ex, combos and all that but i play every character fine but with Makoto is just no chance.

gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By gosukiller
    @AnnouncerGXZ said:
    " im a noob and i can play adon fine. his moves is fly all over the screen. i play easily with him. i can win plenty. how can someone say adon suck? when playing Makoto no chance of winning. i have no knowlege of ffce, ex, combos and all that but i play every character fine but with Makoto is just no chance. "
    You have no knowledge of combos, but play every character fine?
    The only thing that you can't play Makoto proves is that she is not a masher character anyone can just pick up. Next thing you'll say that Seth is 2nd worst because he dies in 6 hits!
    Makoto can be deadly in the right hands, but has terrible match-ups.
    Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Pessh

Please save us Loltima

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Scooper

Lmao this is the stupidest thread on this forum.

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SpecialBuddy

The grammar you use in this posts is funny as hell.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By napalm

BROKEN ENGRISH. AWESOME.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#39  Edited By StaticFalconar
    @AnnouncerGXZ: I only have this to say before your dumb ass thread gets rightfully locked. 

EvilDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#40  Edited By EvilDingo

I'll just say that generally updates that nerf or buff should be kept at a minimum. 
    Most people don't play the game at a skill-level where tiers matter - just focus on characters that are easier to master. 

I'm not that good a player, but I tend to be terrified if an online opponent pick a 'hard to master'-character like Mokoto or Gen. 
    I figure that people that play them differently know what they're doing :-)

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By wchigo

*shrugs* For what it's worth there is/was a video on youtube that featured some of the top players from Japan and they were asked who was the weakest (or their least favourite or something along those lines) character and they pretty much all unanimously said Hakan. Now the video was done a while ago when the game was still pretty darn new (it still is) so clearly things could have changed from back then to now, but whatever.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By CL60
    @Gambit said:
    " guess my sarcasm didn't come off in that post. Was trying to show that using Cpu vs Cpu as a point in claiming a character is good or bad is fucking retarded. "
    I was aware. I was being sarcastic also.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By CL60
    @wchigo said:
    " *shrugs* For what it's worth there is/was a video on youtube that featured some of the top players from Japan and they were asked who was the weakest (or their least favourite or something along those lines) character and they pretty much all unanimously said Hakan. Now the video was done a while ago when the game was still pretty darn new (it still is) so clearly things could have changed from back then to now, but whatever. "
    And? Justin Wong also said Adon is the worst character in the game.
    Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By lilbigsupermario

Damn, this one is a great Makoto fight against Vega.  Found this while checking out StaticFalconar's posted youtube vid and I saw this vid in the related vids hehe! 

Practically, Makoto gains the advantage as long as she continues to keep rushing an opponent, but if she gets rushed first, it becomes a problem. 

@EvilDingo: It's actually flattering whenever I use Makoto in ranked matches and even if I lost to my opponent in a close fight and he sends me the message, "gg! your makoto is scary".  lol! 

Using Makoto is really fun and challenging, damn the people who underestimate her! (that's 80% of the SF community... LOL!)
    wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By wchigo
    @CL60: 
    I mean nothing by it. Just that the thread itself is nothing but pure speculation and opinions at this point, so I was merely contributing another one. I play SSFIV very casually so tier levels and whatnot don't really matter all that much to me. I just play characters I like and if I were better at using Makoto, I would play her even if she is underpowered. However, I'm a complete scrub so I'll just be sticking to standard all-around Ryu thank you very much.
    Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Gambit
    @CL60:  damn the internet we need a sarcasm font!!!
    Flushes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Flushes

Makoto dies pretty hard to focus fishing from a certain range.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#48  Edited By lordofultima

TOKIDO THE ICEMAN SAYS HAKAN IS THE WORST CHARACTER, SO YOU'RE WRONG.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49  Edited By DoctorWelch

I honestly dont think the "worst character in the game" or even the "best character in the game" exists. Once you get to a certain skill level it has nothing to do with character and everything to do with the human brain. Its all about making the right decisions. If you take execution out of the equation, the person who understands the characters being used, their opponent, and the particulars of the game the most should win every match. Once you get to a certain level its all in your head. The "better" characters just have more ways of punishing and fooling opponents than "weaker" characters do.

AnnouncerGXZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By AnnouncerGXZ
    @StaticFalconar said:

" @AnnouncerGXZ: I only have this to say before your dumb ass thread gets rightfully locked. 

"
    posting good Makoto pilot will affect nothing to the topic. the topic is pure character not pilot. any character can kick your ass if being played by a good pilot.

so after scanning peoples opinion and sum it up .....

- Makoto is hardest character to learn
    - Makoto is hardest character to master
    - Makoto is hardest character to play
    - Makoto can kick your ass if being pilot by good players
    - Makoto is the most not noob-friendly
    - Makoto can be a monster if you dedicate time to master her
    - no character suck if you know how to play them
    - two noobs, one plays Makoto, another plays Sagat.... noob Sagat win.  

everybody seems to agree with me but with another way of showing agreement without making Makoto sound horrible.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.