Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Beatles: Rock Band

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Sep 09, 2009

Following the Rock Band formula, The Beatles: Rock Band immerses players into the shoes of the Fab Four as they progress through their career, featuring an exclusively Beatles theme and song list.

The Wii Version Will Sell By Far The Most

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

Calling it, 

After last years sales results for similar Wii games, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it ends up being the the best selling multi-format game of this year, even out doing MW2. 

For the record, I am getting a 360 version, I don't want to be missing out on any extras and DLC coming to 360 and PS3 versions.

--

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Al3xand3r

Well that depends on how good a port it is, no? We know Guitar Hero 5's Wii version is on par, if not better than it's on the other systems, but I haven't read much about this. The second Rock Band isn't even out in Europe yet, so they don't seem to support the platform all that much.

If Rock Band 2 on Wii is worse than Guitar Hero 5, or at least with less features or whatever, then it could affect its sales and screw your "call".

Have they said when this will be released in Europe? Some sites still list Rock Band 2 as TBA 2010. If they intend to still release 2 instead of skip directly to this, and the future parts of the franchise, then it's going to be a long long time until we see The Beatles here...

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By c1337us

Anything outselling MW2 at this point is a big call.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Linkyshinks

The bulk of the people that will be buying this won't care about the quality of the port, if that was the case they wouldn't have bought GH 4 in the same numbers when 360 and PS3 version were far better, 

it's the Wii audience that will be at work here to get these numbers, not the quality of the game itself.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Al3xand3r

I wasn't talking about the other consoles' versions, since Wii-only owners have no way to experience them even if they're superior, so shouldn't be put down for "choosing" that, but instead saying there will be a great alternative on Wii. Both release in September, at least in some regions.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Emilio

I saw the Wii version was 60 dollars so I decided that at the same price, I can get the prettier 360 version. 
    But the thing is, hot single college babes from your area don't play 360. :(

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Linkyshinks

Get the Wii version if you want sex with college babes, it's too much of a good incentive to pass up.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Emilio

No, but seriously, I'm really split by the Wii/360 decision. If I get it on 360, I can get achievements. If I get it on Wii, I'm sure more friends will play it.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Al3xand3r

Don't the games control identically regardless of platform? Why would they be less inclined to play it on 360? Just pass them the instruments.

If the Wii version is as gimped and crappy as the first Rock Band (the 2nd supposdelly improved) on it, then you shouldn't go for that anyway...

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By oldschool

I chose Guitar Hero and it is awesome on the Wii and I have no regrets getting that over the 360.  Prettier means squat.  Assuming Rockband Beatles is compatible with Guitar Hero instruments on the Wii, then that is the version I will get.  If I see Rockband complete, really cheap on the 360, I will then get that, but it isn't likely.

bulletbeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By bulletbeast

@Emilio:
    Oh my God!! what descision is there, the Xbox 360 is in another league compared to the Wii, The 360 has: More games, Better quality games, LIVE, gamerscore, an online marketplace and is in general a strong console with a strong variety of games. 

The Wii has: a gimic.    the gimic of the motion sensor controls are the only reason they sell. the games are tacky incomplete and are not incomparable to games from 360 and ps3. In the Wiis defense, i admit that some of the mario games arent bad and may present some fun if you were with a big group of friends.......and u were drunk.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I would agree. Wii has the largest install base, and this has plenty of mainstream appeal.

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By rallier
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " Get the Wii version if you want sex with college babes, it's too much of a good incentive to pass up. "
    Your comment just made my day.

So true by the way.
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Diamond

Probably will be the best selling, wouldn't even matter if the game ran at 10fps and only had mono sound.  Won't come close to touching MW2 though.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Diamond said:
    " Probably will be the best selling, wouldn't even matter if the game ran at 10fps and only had mono sound.  Won't come close to touching MW2 though. "

Well the framerate wont be an issue.Your referring to Activision's failing with their first Guitar Hero on Wii, where they recalled discs, (I didn't bother myself ), That's not going to happen here.

Time will tell. parents will see the words, "Beatles" and "Wii" together, and that alone will be enough to create another sales sensation, of the type that the Wii has already had with similar products. Ex hippy parents are going to be buying it in droves lol. I think many parents are going to relish being able to bring the music of the Beatles to their kids in such a way.
    jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By jeffgoldblum
    @Linkyshinks said:

"Calling it,   After last years sales results for similar Wii games, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it ends up being the the best selling multi-format game of this year, even out doing MW2.   For the record, I am getting a 360 version, I don't want to be missing out on any extras and DLC come to 360 and PS3 version.   -- "

Every Wii version has sold the most so far and with the Wii's user base I would be surprised if it DIDNT sell more. 
    As a Wii and 360 owner though, Im buying it for my 360. I want my crazy dreamscapes in brilliant HD.
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By mikemcn
    @Al3xand3r said:
    "Well that depends on how good a port it is, no? We know Guitar Hero 5's Wii version is on par, if not better than it's on the other systems, but I haven't read much about this. The second Rock Band isn't even out in Europe yet, so they don't seem to support the platform all that much.  If Rock Band 2 on Wii is worse than Guitar Hero 5, or at least with less features or whatever, then it could affect its sales and screw your "call". Have they said when this will be released in Europe? Some sites still list Rock Band 2 as TBA 2010. If they intend to still release 2 instead of skip directly to this, and the future parts of the franchise, then it's going to be a long long time until we see The Beatles here... "

Rock band 2 wii was identical to the other console versions except for graphics, ya it will be the same on all systems
    A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By A Likely Story

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Wii version outsell the others for the same reason MattyFTM posted. This game will get a lot of attention from the casual/mainstream audience, who dominate the Wii's customer base.

I do, however, believe that the attention this game will attract from non-gamers and older people is a bit overhyped. The Beatles: Rock Band will get people to pick up their first video game, sure, but I think some people are blowing the amount way out of proportion.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By Diamond

Yea personally I wonder if it'll even outsell other Rock Band games because if you don't care about the Beatles, odds are you won't buy this RB.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By tebbit
    @Rallier said:
    " @Linkyshinks said:
    " Get the Wii version if you want sex with college babes, it's too much of a good incentive to pass up. "
    Your comment just made my day.   So true by the way. "
    You know who else plays Wii? 

The elderly.
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By RHCPfan24

I would not be surprised one bit if the Wii version sold the most. I expect it to actually. I just prefer the 360/PS3 version because of the more readily available DLC, nicer graphics and smoother animations.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.