Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Beatles: Rock Band

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Sep 09, 2009

Following the Rock Band formula, The Beatles: Rock Band immerses players into the shoes of the Fab Four as they progress through their career, featuring an exclusively Beatles theme and song list.

Top 5 Songs that Should've Been in The Beatles: Rock Band

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

Edited By Red

The Beatles: Rock Band has a pretty good setlist. That being said, there are a few key Beatles songs that aren't in the game. This could be due to some copyright issues, the song not being very fun to play in Rock Band or a myriad of other reasons. Anyways, these are the five songs that should've been in The Beatles: Rock Band. 
    Note: these songs are not only absent from the Beatles: Rock Band setlist, but there are also no plans to bring them to the game later as downloadable content. 

Number 5: 'She Loves You'  

While 'She Loves You' is definitely one of The Beatles' more poppy songs, it's still got some fun guitar and bass parts, some cool drum rolls, and a catchy chorus.

Number 4: 'Hey Jude'  

Firstly, I personally think that Hey Jude is not only the best Beatles song, it's also probably one of the greatest songs ever written period. Despite that, this song only clocks in at Number 4 because it's not a fun song to play on guitar or  bass, as any bassline or guitar rift is basically absent from the song. Still, Hey Jude not being in the game is a little bit of an insult to Beatles fans. 

Number 3:  'Lady Madonna'  

Lady Madonna has some pounding piano, groovy bass, an awesome guitar rift, and some catchy verses. Why isn't this song in the game? I have no idea. Should it be? Yeah. It definitely should.  

Number 2: 'Help!'  

Help! is one of my favorite Beatles songs, and is a perfect showcase of the harmonies is the game, and sports some great guitar parts. The song being absent from the soundtrack is a little bit of a crime. 

Number 1: 'Let it Be'  

Let it Be is one of the most emotional and beautiful songs ever written. There are some great vocals, and an awesome guitar solo. Unlike Hey Jude, Let it Be would be fun on all instruments, and has some fantastic lyrics and harmonies.
    Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Red

The Beatles: Rock Band has a pretty good setlist. That being said, there are a few key Beatles songs that aren't in the game. This could be due to some copyright issues, the song not being very fun to play in Rock Band or a myriad of other reasons. Anyways, these are the five songs that should've been in The Beatles: Rock Band. 
    Note: these songs are not only absent from the Beatles: Rock Band setlist, but there are also no plans to bring them to the game later as downloadable content. 

Number 5: 'She Loves You'  

While 'She Loves You' is definitely one of The Beatles' more poppy songs, it's still got some fun guitar and bass parts, some cool drum rolls, and a catchy chorus.

Number 4: 'Hey Jude'  

Firstly, I personally think that Hey Jude is not only the best Beatles song, it's also probably one of the greatest songs ever written period. Despite that, this song only clocks in at Number 4 because it's not a fun song to play on guitar or  bass, as any bassline or guitar rift is basically absent from the song. Still, Hey Jude not being in the game is a little bit of an insult to Beatles fans. 

Number 3:  'Lady Madonna'  

Lady Madonna has some pounding piano, groovy bass, an awesome guitar rift, and some catchy verses. Why isn't this song in the game? I have no idea. Should it be? Yeah. It definitely should.  

Number 2: 'Help!'  

Help! is one of my favorite Beatles songs, and is a perfect showcase of the harmonies is the game, and sports some great guitar parts. The song being absent from the soundtrack is a little bit of a crime. 

Number 1: 'Let it Be'  

Let it Be is one of the most emotional and beautiful songs ever written. There are some great vocals, and an awesome guitar solo. Unlike Hey Jude, Let it Be would be fun on all instruments, and has some fantastic lyrics and harmonies.
    Pavera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Pavera

Weird they didn't include those songs.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Pie

Red my babe! I actually thought Hey jude was in it until yesterday when I was listening to all of the songs in it on youtube, you can only imagine my feelings when I found out......... Let it be was going to be the last one announced I hoped. Lady madonna was a given I thought, a bit dissapointed with that one.
    Where's  Eleanor Rigby and a day in the life!? Actually they might not suit the rock band enviroment but........something
    Help! would of been so special to play
    EDIT: Forgot that a day in the life is on sgt peppers lonely hearts club band album as DLC

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Red
    @Pie said:
    " Red my babe! I actually thought Hey jude was in it until yesterday when I was listening to all of the songs in it on youtube, you can only imagine my feelings when I found out......... Let it be was going to be the last one announced I hoped. Lady madonna was a given I thought, a bit dissapointed with that one. Where's  Eleanor Rigby and a day in the life!? Actually they might not suit the rock band enviroment but........something Help! would of been so special to play  "
    Yeah, A Day in the Life not in the game is a little sad. Eleanor Rigby is pretty much just vocals and violin though, so it couldn't really work.
    Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Pie
    @Red: 
    Forgot that a day in the life is on sgt peppers lonely hearts club band album as DLC 
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

There are so many classic beatles songs, it's no doubt that they were going to leave out some great songs. You can't expect all the great Beatles songs to be in one game that's only $60.

A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By A Likely Story
    @Red said:
    "Note: these songs are not only absent from the Beatles: Rock Band setlist, but there are also no plans to bring them to the game later as downloadable content.
    I haven't heard that before, where'd you get this info?
    EvilDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By EvilDingo

Would probably have chimed in, but haven't yet looked at the current song-list in depth. 
    However considering that they are planning to sell albums of as DLC, I figure they pretty much have intentionally left out "must have"-songs that are spread out on a couple of albums. :-/

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Red
    @Hobbies: For quite some time the Rubber Soul, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band and Abbey Road albums have been announced as downloadables for the game.
    Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

I don't know if I'd want to play 'Hey Jude' depending on how long they repeat the chorus at the end. But I agree with the rest... 'Help' and 'She Loves You' are two of their more famous early songs so it's weird they aren't in there. Must be holding them for DLC.

A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By A Likely Story
    @Red said:
    " @Hobbies: For quite some time the Rubber Soul, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band and Abbey Road albums have been announced as downloadables for the game. "
    Your wording made it sound like Harmonix has specifically said those five songs won't ever be DLC, but I, without a doubt, see at least Hey Jude and Help! coming as DLC from that list.
    Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Systech

Here are my top 5: 

1. One After 909 - One of the first songs they played together in their beginning and redone on Let it Be.
    2. Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da - It's so happy and fun, would trade it for Birthday.
    3. Lady Madonna - Same as you, but I know why (They say "breast" in the song. Parents don't want they're kid's talking about boobs.)
    4. Help! - Couldn't have said it better than you.
    5. For You Blue - Catchy rythm, funky guitar solos.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By RHCPfan24
    @Red: Thankfully A Day in The Life is coming later but I am disappointed by the absence of those you listed, plus a few others like Eleanor Rigby, We Could Work It Out, Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da and Across The Universe. By also, do you know the bass line to Hey Jude? It is pretty groovy, they amp it up in Love and you can hear it clearly for a bit. It is actually pretty nice, listen to it from that album.
    choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By choffy21

As long as they're put on the Rock Band Store, I don't care. I'll but every piece of Beatles DLC.

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Xandurson

I'm really surprised #5 and #1 are not in the game. The others I can kinda understand but those two I'm really surprised since they are well-known Beatles songs. Not that the others aren't but those two are definitely well-known.

lethalki11ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16  Edited By lethalki11ler
    @Red:
    Mine is quite different from yours but I do retain your proposed songs as amazing songss! I would have loved to have:
    5. Let it Be
    4. Penny Lane
    3. Magical Mystery Tour
    2. Stawberry Fields Forever
    1. Help!

I love all of those sooo much! I hope DLC is coming soon, I mean I know the albums coming in the next 4 months but they don't contain any of those :(((
    Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Red
    @LethalKi11ler: I'm pretty sure Strawberry Fields Forever is coming as DLC with the Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.
    Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#18  Edited By KowalskiManDown

I am almost certain most (if not all) of the tracks everyone has mentioned above will come out as DLC in the future. Cos let's be honest... everyone with that game will buy Hey Jude and Let it Be.

vilhelmnielsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By vilhelmnielsen
    @Red: Nah, it's from Magical Mystery Tour.
    zkilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By zkilla

5 Hey Jude 
    4 Let it BE

3 Eleanor Rigby

2 All you need is love

1 Help!

Hopefully they will all be DLC

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Systech
    @Red said:
    " @LethalKi11ler: I'm pretty sure Strawberry Fields Forever is coming as DLC with the Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. "
    However, Strawberry Fields Forever is not on Sgt. Pepper, but on Magical Mystery Tour.
    Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Pie
    @zkilla said:

2 All you need is love

"
    Thats available on the day of release as DLC, all the money goes to a charity of some sorts apperantly
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By iamjohn

Agreed with all but Let It Be.  I think that song's pretty boring.  Happiness is a Warm Gun or I'm Only Sleeping would have been appreciated, though.

CarpetRemnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By CarpetRemnant

Man The Beatles had so many good songs. Ballad of John and Yoko would be good, hope that comes out as DLC though considering the lyrics it can't be considered a definite.

SpecJoeMagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SpecJoeMagic

I think "Help!" is one of the most underrated Beatles songs.  To not have it in the game is really disappointing to me, especially considering that it would be great fun to sing the harmonies.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AhmadMetallic

hey jude sucks, Let It Be has a remarkable solo and therefore shoulda been added

A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By A Likely Story
    @SpecJoeMagic: Wha?? Help! is definitely not underrated; I'd probably pin it as one of the most well known Beatles songs.
    token_scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By token_scot
    I would love Help! as a downloadable album - mostly for Help! itself and I've Just Seen a Face but a lot of great tracks from that album that seem...missing from the game. I would hope that would be released as a full album at some point though. 

Would have like a few more White Album songs, less sure that'll be downloadable as a lot of it is just plain weird...I have to admit I was secretly hoping Revolution number 9 was the last song, ah well. 

Am looking forward to Abbey Road though, the medley and Oh Darling should be a lot of fun.
    AgentofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AgentofChaos
    @MattyFTM said:
    " There are so many classic beatles songs, it's no doubt that they were going to leave out some great songs. You can't expect all the great Beatles songs to be in one game that's only $60. "
    I disagree I expect the Classic Beatles songs for ONLY 60 bucks, especially HELP! which had its own movie for goddsakes.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#30  Edited By jakob187

It's amazing how people neglect the fact that DLC is coming out for the game.  =  / 

Nonetheless, I don't understand why "Help!" wouldn't be in the game.  That's, like, a super duper classic Beatles song. 

Ekasra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Ekasra

It really wouldn't surprise me if Harmonix kept up with monthly DLC until they completely add every song in the Beatles' song catalog.

Fei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Fei

No one mentioned either Penny Lane or Strawberry Fields Forever?

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Now that I know what song Eleanor Rigby is, I also agree that it should have been included. Hey Jude and Help are a couple of my favorite Beatle songs. She Loves You and Let It Be should have also been included. Maybe I'd recognize Lady Madonna if I heard it. Oh, and dude, where are those God-forsaken strawberry fields, man?! Honestly, I'd like to see some more of their solo stuff included too. Sure, Band on the Run is Wings, but whatever, it's still Paul McCartney and it's still a totally rad song. I hope they answer all our wishes with downloadable songs in the future.

DrZoltan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DrZoltan

I just want the rest of the white album added

TheObscure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TheObscure

5. Magical Mystery Tour
    4. She Loves You
    3. Hey Jude
    2. Rock 'n Roll Music
    1. Help!

Tornac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Tornac

5. The Ballad of John and Yoko 
    4. Help!
    3. Strawberry Fields Forever
    2. Let It Be
    1. Hey Jude

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.