Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Help me build up Skyrim wiki articles, Lets unite and build

Sunesha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Sunesha

Heya all,

I am myself focused on building up Whiterun related articles in the wiki. If we work together we can make the Skyrim content better. For example if someone concentraded on another town, we could help each other. Myself that have english as second language could benefit with help on grammar and spelling.

Please post what you have added to the articles, I will check it out see if I can help.

I cheat a bit have also added the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary,The companions, and some other.

Cheers,

Daniel

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#2  Edited By Cirdain

I can't help because I'm stupid but I support what you're doing.

Sunesha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sunesha

@OtakuGamer said:

If I find anything worth adding, I be sure to do so.

Great, feel free to help me with Whiterun. At the moment I work to build up a overview. But there is a lot that are missing. Check out Whiterun for ideas

@Cirdain said: @Cirdain:

I can't help because I'm stupid but I support what you're doing.

Thanks support is always welcome. After all who doesnt want a supportive audience. ;-)

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By zombie2011

I like what your doing, i actually avoid going into cities now in Skyrim if i can. It's so overwhelming, you just don't know what to do when you enter a city, where anything is, i don't want to talk to anyone incase they give me a quest that i don't have the time to do. I've only gone to Whiterun and Riften and i wanna keep it like that as long as i can, i stepped foot in Markarth and took one walk around the city realized i didn't have time for it and left.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Karl_Boss

I'll check your grammar, I can't do anything else though as I haven't played the game......but its good to see that you're looking to collaborate, there needs to be more of it.

Sunesha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sunesha

@zombie2011 said:

I like what your doing, i actually avoid going into cities now in Skyrim if i can. It's so overwhelming, you just don't know what to do when you enter a city, where anything is, i don't want to talk to anyone incase they give me a quest that i don't have the time to do. I've only gone to Whiterun and Riften and i wanna keep it like that as long as i can, i stepped foot in Markarth and took one walk around the city realized i didn't have time for it and left.

Have a similar strategy, I dont go into towns until I feel I must. I like to build up my knowledge. It easy to get a quest. I up to 60 hours, on level 36 now. But I have no questlines finish. A tip I can give. Do a lot the misc. objectives in town. This way you learn about who is who. I am deep into Whiterun and Riften. I only ran thou the other towns when I get quest that involve a another town. Also do the quests for the ruler at every Hold. This make you a Thane.

Yesterday I spent 1 hour checking around Whiteruns Citywall from the outside. Found 2 chests and some other stuff.

Sunesha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sunesha

@Unknown_Pleasures said:

I'll check your grammar, I can't do anything else though as I haven't played the game......but its good to see that you're looking to collaborate, there needs to be more of it.

All help is important. Maybe the articles will make curious enough to buy the game ;-)

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#9  Edited By alistercat

This is exactly what the Giant Bomb Wiki needs. I shouldn't have to go to all those individual Wikis, the only place I should need to go is Giant Bomb.

Sunesha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sunesha

Yesterdays work on the Night.

Added Inns and Shops to Whiterun article.

CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By CptChiken

I would be very willing to help you out when i can, my access to my xbox is a little sporadic because I am away quite often, but at the very least i will check your spelling and grammar. 

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ravenlight

Collaboration = teh awesome.

If I have time this week, I'd love to help out. If not, props to everyone for coming together and making the site more awesome.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Unless I follow a game obsessively for 10 months, I really am not competent to wiki about it

raenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By raenger

Submitted a revision with lots of little edits. Just waiting for approval.

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By EightBitShik

I have done my fair share of edits on the site but I realize writing is not my forte. But I do like this topic and I like how you are trying to include the community and I support it. Keep up the good work and help this brother out people if you can. Let's make GB the best wiki in the world!!

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AlexW00d

Are we going all out Elder Scrolls: V era Skyrim on all the pages then? When I first wrote the main Skyrim location page I thought it would be best to keep it historical as opposed to what you'd find on the elder Scrolls wiki.

But if we're going to turn the pages into more of a guide than a wiki then I can help out sure.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#17  Edited By Cirdain

@AlexW00d said:

Are we going all out Elder Scrolls: V era Skyrim on all the pages then? When I first wrote the main Skyrim location page I thought it would be best to keep it historical as opposed to what you'd find on the elder Scrolls wiki.

But if we're going to turn the pages into more of a guide than a wiki then I can help out sure.

You people could start and epic Skyrim guide on the guide section of the website. You know, where people can make guides....

CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CptChiken
    @Sunesha: looking into helping you out with the skyrim wiki. In regards with the Whiterun wiki, i dont think that each district needs a new wiki page, particularly as there isn't any extra information to be found on those pages.
    CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CptChiken

Added a load of info on dawnstar, i didnt add in who is a quest giver because i dont know if we should let the player find that out themselves. All the same added in who is who in Dawnstar and pictures etc.

Sunesha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Sunesha

@raenger said:

Submitted a revision with lots of little edits. Just waiting for approval.

Sweet@CptChiken said:

@Sunesha: looking into helping you out with the skyrim wiki. In regards with the Whiterun wiki, i dont think that each district needs a new wiki page, particularly as there isn't any extra information to be found on those pages.

It was me thinking ahead. It is more of way to have some historic information.@CptChiken said:

Added a load of info on dawnstar, i didnt add in who is a quest giver because i dont know if we should let the player find that out themselves. All the same added in who is who in Dawnstar and pictures etc.

Great I havnt even checked that place out. Just ran thru it.@EightBitShik said:

I have done my fair share of edits on the site but I realize writing is not my forte. But I do like this topic and I like how you are trying to include the community and I support it. Keep up the good work and help this brother out people if you can. Let's make GB the best wiki in the world!!

@AlexW00d said:

I am going all out. I am working a lot the history and lore. It is a slow process. But I begin with information relevant to most. I got many drafts waiting to be publish.

Sunesha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Sunesha

Hey Cptchicken,

If it was you that added the "shield image" to Dawnstar. Could you when add it to the other capitals for hold. Just as it is really nice refence to have. After all, many people will recognize it from the game.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#22  Edited By ZombiePie

@AlexW00d said:

Don't ever write Wiki Entries with the same tone or structure as a Game Guides or FAQs. Wiki entries are meant to be objective and education and avoid providing subjective gaming advice on how best to play the game.

Sunesha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Sunesha

Just to share information on work tomorrow. Will give some love to tomorrow:

I will love if you guys check my grammar and spelling. I quite good in English, but it is my second language. Feel free to share your work, just post it here in the thread. I will look at it.

Always better to work together. I have seen some nice new information. I think I shall mention the article:

A great start.

Cheers,

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AlexW00d

@ZombiePie: That was my point. Does having every NPC and house count as objective though? which is what this thread is about.

Sunesha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Sunesha

@AlexW00d said:

@ZombiePie: That was my point. Does having every NPC and house count as objective though? which is what this thread is about.

I concentrate on the people and places that fill a function for player. I wont create page for the inn sweeper even that she gots a name. As long she isnt involved in a quest... Also the new misc. objectives make everyone important. For example, the Thieves guild, they have endless supply of quests if you wish. Radiant quest can even make a inn sweeper to the main role in a quest.

A tip for someone to have as small project:

Balgruuf the Greater , has no real biography yet. So good article to start on.

Cheers all,

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ZombiePie

@Sunesha said:

@AlexW00d said:

I concentrate on the people and places that fill a function for player. I wont create page for the inn sweeper even that she gots a name. As long she isnt involved in a quest... Also the new misc. objectives make everyone important. For example, the Thieves guild, they have endless supply of quests if you wish. Radiant quest can even make a inn sweeper to the main role in a quest.

This is fine as long as wiki entries are not assessing the quality of various stores or weapons or they are describing "The Best Way" to do a questline like a game guide would. Providing detail on who lives where and what they do is fine.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By Wuddel

@Sunesha: This is not the Elder Scrolls wikia. Please do not flood GB with pages not relevant to more than one game. Just keep adding on the existing ones which are shared by more elder Scrolls games.

Sunesha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Sunesha

@Wuddel said:

@Sunesha: This is not the Elder Scrolls wikia. Please do not flood GB with pages not relevant to more than one game. Just keep adding on the existing ones which are shared by more elder Scrolls games.

I will keep that in consideration. But I cant see how adding relevant information about games as flooding. After all the site itself claims be the largest database on games. It cant become that without well-written articles. Also much in Skyrim is cross referenced into a lot other elder scroll games. Also if you look into the future much information will become relevant in future Elderscroll games. A example is the dark brotherhood. They was first used in Daggerfall. I think who knows, maybe the The Companions will make a comeback in a future game. Even the Blades from Oblivion have small part in Skyrim.

@ZombiePie said:

This is fine as long as wiki entries are not assessing the quality of various stores or weapons or they are describing "The Best Way" to do a questline like a game guide would. Providing detail on who lives where and what they do is fine.

Agreed, we have a guide section for that kind of information..

Shameless self-promotion:

List of safe containers for storage.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Wuddel

@Sunesha: Fair enough. I am not sure how long you have been following the site. But the cool thing are really the long pages. I guess what I saying is, do not be afraid of long pages. Look how crazy long the Bad Company 2 wiki article is. And thats a mere shooter. I say do not spread out the information that far but keep adding to the Sykrim page until you absolutely HAVE to spread it out. So make that at leas has long as the BC2 one and put a TOC on top. People will look there first. You kinda seem to go the opposite direction. I take GB takes a similar approach like Wikipedia, as it is not a "dictionary".

Sunesha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Sunesha

@Wuddel said:

@Sunesha: Fair enough. I am not sure how long you have been following the site. But the cool thing are really the long pages. I guess what I saying is, do not be afraid of long pages. Look how crazy long the Bad Company 2 wiki article is. And thats a mere shooter. I say do not spread out the information that far but keep adding to the Sykrim page until you absolutely HAVE to spread it out. So make that at leas has long as the BC2 one and put a TOC on top. People will look there first. You kinda seem to go the opposite direction. I take GB takes a similar approach like Wikipedia, as it is not a "dictionary".

Ah, now I understand your point. Skyrim is gigantic, around 600-700 locations and around 2700 nps.. That will be like find a needle in haystack if we dont combine them. I think a good overview is important. That can lead to more detail if you dig deeper.

Cheers

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Wuddel

@Sunesha: I think what you try to achieve fits better here. GB has a much more general approach.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By AlexW00d

@Wuddel said:

@Sunesha: I think what you try to achieve fits better here. GB has a much more general approach.

Pretty much the point I was trying to make initially.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ZombiePie
    @Wuddel said:

@AlexW00d said:

@Wuddel said:

Pretty much the point I was trying to make initially.

This is incorrect. Even if a gameplay mechanic, location, or character makes an appearance in Skyrim and Skyrim alone it deserves a Wiki page on Giant Bomb. Giant Bomb is envisioned in being a comprehensive database that covers everything in games.  
    When it comes to approaching things in a "general" manner that is the rule about concept pages. 
    Sunesha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Sunesha

Can someone check my grammar. The English language has such hard grammar to learn. So I feel if someone that has English as their mother language should check it out. I dont own a word processing software. So I fly around with no hands on the joystick when I write in the English language. This is easy task you can help with...

Edit: I will add all weapons and armor you can forge at Skyforge at a later date. I need to do tables. Working with tables is a small night mare so save that for a rainy day.

Also as said earlier, feel welcome to share your edits on your wiki submissions. I will check them out and help you if I am able.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By AlexW00d

@Sunesha: Tidied up the Adrienne page, re-worded a few sentences and got one point. Every little helps hey.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Wuddel

@ZombiePie: Alrighty, then! I still do like long pages.

Sunesha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Sunesha

@AlexW00d said:

@Sunesha: Tidied up the Adrienne page, re-worded a few sentences and got one point. Every little helps hey.

Thanks, I write myself into a corner. The "flow" is better, easier to read.

Free cookie for you, (It is invisible so if you find it you can have it )

Cheers,

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By xMP44x

I reworked what existed on the page about Markarth since it is my favorite city in the game. I'll see about adding further stuff to it if I can think of more that's worth sharing.

Sunesha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Sunesha

@xMP44x said:

I reworked what existed on the page about Markarth since it is my favorite city in the game. I'll see about adding further stuff to it if I can think of more that's worth sharing.

Well done. I love Riften, but will not work until I am done with Whiterun. I did some formating and added images at the article, and a couple small additions. I also submitted the Vlindrel Hall for a article. I will fix it. It will be go hand in hand with my storage container guide.

Also I gave some love to:

Also I added The Circle. I done with the cross-referencing. But will add more later. Feel free to edit.

A future addition would be Silverhands. But I dont want add until I decided to populate the information on the articles.

Sunesha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Sunesha
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#41  Edited By natetodamax
    Sunesha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Sunesha

@Voxel said:

I went and edited all those pages for you, bud.

Thanks man. That is fantastic. Should mention that the Whiterun article is now mentioned in the The Community Spotlight - 01/19/2012.

Couldnt have done it without the help of the communtity.

Should mention a coupe of skeleton articles that can use some love:

If you find another article you want work on, please share with us. We can help each other. I got quite good writing skills. Thou my weakness is that I am writing on my second language. So if you see that I have meddled in article, you can earn some easy points on grammar and spelling correction.

Also if you create article, ask for help and we chip and the article will grow up fast. I concentrate on Whiterun articles. But I meddle in stuff that I am bump into while expand my articles.

Law313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Law313

@zombie2011 said:

I never understood that logic. Why would getting the quest, and saving it for later, be hard?

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By zombie2011

@Law313 said:

@zombie2011 said:

I never understood that logic. Why would getting the quest, and saving it for later, be hard?

Because if you leave it for later you will forget about the context the quest was given to you. For example i have a quest that says retrieve a sword for _________ i don't know why i'm doing it when i got it all, i know is that it's in my log. I'm sure when i got the quest the guy gave some explanation to why he wants the sword, but i don't remember. It's at this point the quest becomes boring, without the story i don't really care about the quest enough to do it.

Sunesha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Sunesha

@zombie2011 said:

Because if you leave it for later you will forget about the context the quest was given to you. For example i have a quest that says retrieve a sword for _________ i don't know why i'm doing it when i got it all, i know is that it's in my log. I'm sure when i got the quest the guy gave some explanation to why he wants the sword, but i don't remember. It's at this point the quest becomes boring, without the story i don't really care about the quest enough to do it.

I play in same kind of style. I always concentrate at one quest line at the time. Thou I sometimes get a quest I had no idea that I had got it. Thou I check online. But I understand your reasoning. Why get a quest if it just a fetch that, kill that and discover that. For me personally I want be immersed into the game. But many items and places also have lore found in books and by speaking with people. The details with quests is what make it fun. Otherwise it be enough with radiant quests only ;-)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.